Starpery.com

How to keep WIGS on during fun?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
dollmatrix
Active Poster
Active Poster

How to keep WIGS on during fun?

Post by dollmatrix »

kills the mood to have to constantly slide wig back on doll head during fun... fix?

also i change wigs every few days, so need something temporary... ideas? im thinkig vecro, but likely too rough for tpe fragile

crazedcat
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: How to keep WIGS on during fun?

Post by crazedcat »

Wig grips from Amazon
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sillyconeman
TAYU 148D+
TAYU 158C+
TAYU 170E
MLW 148B silicone

dollmatrix
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dollmatrix »

Thx!

thunderkiss69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by thunderkiss69 »

For a quick fix, get toques/beanies or berets with the hair attached, they stay on much better! I don't like the baseball cap wigs because the bill gets in the way of smooching. But as Crazedcat suggested, wig grips are the way to go for a better solution overall.
My lovely Lucia Maria Montenari (WM 159G)
Visit the girls' Instagram page.

Stupid Positivity: Expecting people to learn new things is dangerous and oppressive.

Mon Amour Toujour
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Mon Amour Toujour »

Don't powder the head, just a little on the face. Also make sure the strap is adjusted properly.
Email:info@FreelovedollHouse.com
http://www.freelovedollhouse.com/
We only provide quality dolls to our customers! If you are ordering dolls for the first time, then choosing us is a good guarantee for you!

The Doll Man

Post by The Doll Man »

MonAmour wrote: Don't powder the head, just a little on the face. Also make sure the strap is adjusted properly.
:thumbs_up:

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

For years, I've used T-pins to hold the wigs in place. Thanks to fellow TDF member Capt_B for the tip.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

Siliconeman
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Siliconeman »

I use six long ball headed pins to keep the wigs on in harshest conditions. Two pins on forehead, two on sides just in front of her ears and two at back of her head.

I guarantee she will retain her hair in every situation.

Cheers!

Sili

DocWen
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocWen »

Siliconeman wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:25 pm I use six long ball headed pins to keep the wigs on in harshest conditions. Two pins on forehead, two on sides just in front of her ears and two at back of her head.

Cheers!

Sili
You don't have any issues with the pins tearing or ripping the silicone during play time?
---
DocWen
Never give up! Never surrender! - Jason Nesmith
Proud companion of Etsuko (MLW 148b) and Anjelica (XT Doll 163F)
Previous companion of SE Doll 151e, WM 157b, Piper Doll Phoebe, Piper Doll Phoebe Elf, another WM 157b, Zelex 155c, Happy Doll Dagmar and a few others I don't recall.

Mon Amour Toujour
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Mon Amour Toujour »

katiesBoyfriend wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:58 pm For years, I've used T-pins to hold the wigs in place. Thanks to fellow TDF member Capt_B for the tip.
I do this for small heads where the wig is too big. No issues with them tearing the TPE or silicone.
Email:info@FreelovedollHouse.com
http://www.freelovedollhouse.com/
We only provide quality dolls to our customers! If you are ordering dolls for the first time, then choosing us is a good guarantee for you!

Siliconeman
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Siliconeman »

DocWen wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:14 pm
Siliconeman wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:25 pm I use six long ball headed pins to keep the wigs on in harshest conditions. Two pins on forehead, two on sides just in front of her ears and two at back of her head.

Cheers!

Sili
You don't have any issues with the pins tearing or ripping the silicone during play time?
I do not have silicone dolls. With my TPE dolls works like a charm. Idea is to keep her hair on during play or photoshoots. Ripping may occur only if you forcefully pull her wig off her head, dont know why you would want to do that.

Cheers!

Sili

INFORMATIONS