Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Real Doll 2022

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Dixiecup

Real Doll 2022

Post by Dixiecup »

Have these dolls improved? Was looking for a video to see if improvements have been made but I have had no luck finding any. :glou:

Justinpassinthru
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Real Doll 2022

Post by Justinpassinthru »

The general consensus on Real Doll is that they have not made any significant improvements over the years, essentially allowing them to be surpassed by other brands. They certainly have a group of committed followers, especially considering they are really the first in the market to make high quality, realistic dolls. However, over the years other brands have come out with more features at a more competitive price point, eg. articulated fingers, body details, new softness options. Their RealDollX line is still worth looking at, but even at that price point they are still asking too much for too little. They have shown off glimpses of innovation over the years, but few if any of these have made it into the commercial market. I have seen them show off extremely realistic robotic torsos, for instance, but again we have not seen anything come of it. On top of that, they have really been lacking on communication, recently turned their exclusive forums upside down into uselessness, and requesting high costs for access to VIP features, of which they are simply not delivering. Also, for me personally, I find their faces extremely "off," especially when compared to the likes of other silicone offerings for a fraction of the cost.

skra-snarker

Post by skra-snarker »

You so well covered 99% of what is important.

So I will point out something relatively trivial.
To their benefit, they still allow you to customise nipples, something the other silicone offerings have overlooked.

Actually, I am so disappointed, I wonder if they burned all their R&D budget on high minded robotics and lost touch with the community.

Ihave
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Ihave »

I agree skra, I got in a few years ago, and I love my RD, but nothing has changed. It feels like they are more concerned with the robot heads than they are with the dolls. There are some things they do better from what I can tell:
  • The neck bolt is very convenient compared to removing the head for hanging storage, and Brick has shown it can aid in play.
  • The changeable inserts are nice for cleaning and mixing up lower parts.
  • They have the best looking TG converter, both in connection and in aesthetic.
  • Butt gels, and duracast hands/feet included is nice.
  • Semi realistic mouth insert + tongue is nice. I am not super into oral, but I love kissing and the tongue is nice for that. Would like a hard teeth option, but still a plus.
  • To agree with skra again, I really like that the nipples are customizable, and also poured in the color chosen. They don't suffer from potential color wearing.
  • When I was researching dolls, I felt like RD's had a stronger anal entrance compared to some of the other silicone dolls I had seen at the time.
  • They use foam in very nice strategic places. Parts that are meant to be soft are soft, and places that are meant to be firm are firm.
There are some places where they have either slipped, or have not improved:
  • The heads are fairly similar. I like Japanese women, and 4woods has a lot of heads I like, but none of the Asian heads from RD have a look close to that. Too many of their heads are just so similar.
  • RD got rid of two different eye options. The ultra expensive ones were too high maintenance, susceptible to user error, and high production costs. Then they got rid of the cheap ones, and they lost one of the most striking green eyes.
  • The neck bolt makes it more difficult for bathing in a bath. Since you have to worry about water getting in the neck bolt.
  • The breasts are not as as soft as other brands.
  • The hands and feet have had no improvements since duracast. Still using wires in the fingers, nothing in the toes, and no options for standing feet (I wouldn't get them anyway though).Still have soft silicone nails
  • Despite the success of the RealCock 2, RD has not upgraded the TG converter or the male RD penis to use these advancements.
I really wonder how many are actually interested in robot heads too. I don't like them because I like to make a character persona for the doll, and a robot is preset. The robot heads only have a few voices too, and all in English. You already have an app for reading the text log of what the robot head is saying. Why not allow for foreign languages audio wise, and a translated text log. I would be interested in a robot head lite. Maybe just the ability to adjust facial expressions or something. I don't now, but I do worry a little about RD's future. They just seem stagnant.

Dixiecup

Post by Dixiecup »

Thank you for the replies:) Ok, it must be a cost-related issue. I know that Tesla and general dynamics seem to be working on manual labor droids to fill the labor shortage. What companies over superior robotic / AI dolls over REALDOLL?

Brick

Post by Brick »

Dixiecup wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:27 am Thank you for the replies:) Ok, it must be a cost-related issue. I know that Tesla and general dynamics seem to be working on manual labor droids to fill the labor shortage. What companies over superior robotic / AI dolls over REALDOLL?
If your really interested in Realdolls, please spend the $5 and see for yourself....

https://onlyfans.com/u81057521

And there are no AI dolls superior to Harmony.........just saying!
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Ty Brick. Always great stuff from you!

I think someone new to this new to this lifestyle needs to keep a few things in mind- While it may seem that Abyss hasn't made many "improvements", the quality of the doll Abyss put out at whatever time was already far ahead of other companies. Are some catching up? Maybe but not in all areas. Many Asian TPE and silicone companies will excel in one area but lag in others. Sure the dolls maybe pretty but they are fragile, or just dont last the way a real doll does. The skeleton might be great on one doll but the silicone or TPE isn't up to snuff. or Vice Versa.

My experience Asian silicone MUCH firmer than Real Doll and a Real Doll overall feels more natural than others. I have seen over a dozen and half different doll companies products up close. They all have their pros and cons. My experience & preference is Real Doll is the best all around/overall for what I am looking for in a doll. I do think they look the most like human women, vs a fantasy version of a woman. YMMV.

There is an "entry level" Real DOll, The classic $3999. Other Real Doll prices have held the line well with only 1 net increase since 2015.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Ihave
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Ihave »

You are correct TJ, and it is still why I have chose RD over other manufacturers. The dolls were top notch when I got mine, and that's even comparing to other silicone competitors (TPE isn't even on my radar). What I mentioned in my bullet points of what RD does well are often overlooked, but were THE reasons why I chose them over others. I am just worried they are letting some things slip, and there are places that they could easily improve/innovate. I can't compare other dolls first hand, but my P4 is an absolute unit. Brick called a P4 a "bang tank" once, and it is very accurate. My P4 is more durable than my old body A 2.0 was.

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

Before ordering my Real Doll I went over all the pros and cons between them and the Asian brands. I eventually decided on the Real Doll because while they haven't done anything "innovative or new" in the last few year, I could tell from people that own Real Dolls how good the quality is across the board, and how durable they are; some of these guys have had their dolls for over 10 years and still love them and swear by them, so that's got to tell you something about the longevity of the Real Doll.

While the Asian dolls look prettier and seem more advanced, they seem way more fragile too (as TJ_Foxx pointed out), and less suited for bedroom play. I'd heard a number of horror stories about the dolls having broken joints, deflated breasts and stuff which isn't a trivial issue and it wouldn't be an easy to fix (well not for me anyway). I can only put that down to cheaper labour, and cheaper parts as to why that happens with their dolls.

I reckon it's a bit like guitars. I have a heap of guitars made in Taiwan, and China which are pretty good but compared to my Gibson Les Paul which was made in the US, the other guitars I have don't even compare when it comes to sound, and playability. Even though I don't have any first hand experience with the Real Doll yet, I reckon it might be a bit the same.

My only quibble with them (Abyss) at this stage is the lack of communication; they need to get more people in to deal with customer enquiries and what not.

Dixiecup

Post by Dixiecup »

jellynuts13 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:45 pm Before ordering my Real Doll I went over all the pros and cons between them and the Asian brands. I eventually decided on the Real Doll because while they haven't done anything "innovative or new" in the last few year, I could tell from people that own Real Dolls how good the quality is across the board, and how durable they are; some of these guys have had their dolls for over 10 years and still love them and swear by them, so that's got to tell you something about the longevity of the Real Doll.

While the Asian dolls look prettier and seem more advanced, they seem way more fragile too (as TJ_Foxx pointed out), and less suited for bedroom play. I'd heard a number of horror stories about the dolls having broken joints, deflated breasts and stuff which isn't a trivial issue and it wouldn't be an easy to fix (well not for me anyway). I can only put that down to cheaper labour, and cheaper parts as to why that happens with their dolls.

I reckon it's a bit like guitars. I have a heap of guitars made in Taiwan, and China which are pretty good but compared to my Gibson Les Paul which was made in the US, the other guitars I have don't even compare when it comes to sound, and playability. Even though I don't have any first hand experience with the Real Doll yet, I reckon it might be a bit the same.

My only quibble with them (Abyss) at this stage is the lack of communication; they need to get more people in to deal with customer enquiries and what not.
I agree the Realdoll website should show interaction with the doll and they offer few reviews on the ones purchased. Perhaps there hurting financially and can't afford to post interaction or software upgrades. But these are very, very basic that would cost minimal to sell their product. Also if more reviews are available would help. I have read in the past that Iron Tech has a superior feel. What are some other A.I. doll companies? :glou:

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

Dixiecup wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:08 am
jellynuts13 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:45 pm Before ordering my Real Doll I went over all the pros and cons between them and the Asian brands. I eventually decided on the Real Doll because while they haven't done anything "innovative or new" in the last few year, I could tell from people that own Real Dolls how good the quality is across the board, and how durable they are; some of these guys have had their dolls for over 10 years and still love them and swear by them, so that's got to tell you something about the longevity of the Real Doll.

I agree the Realdoll website should show interaction with the doll and they offer few reviews on the ones purchased. Perhaps there hurting financially and can't afford to post interaction or software upgrades. But these are very, very basic that would cost minimal to sell their product. Also if more reviews are available would help. I have read in the past that Iron Tech has a superior feel. What are some other A.I. doll companies? :glou:
I'm not sure if there's anyone that's done what Abyss have done in regards with the A.I. I know there's some Chinese companies that working on it, but I'm not sure how far along they are. I know there's some guys that have used some A.I software like Replika to create a persona for their doll. There's another one that's Japanese made that's apparently pretty good, but I can't remember the name of it. :glou:

I think Abyss have a ways to go before I would invest in it, but it is pretty interesting what they've done so far.

Skinhammer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Skinhammer »

As it stands right now, AI in dolls is nothing but a gimmick. It's too complex and delicate of a contraption to be lugged around for sex.

I've seen how realdollx work in real time, the interaction is so basic, it's definitely not worth the hassle, let alone doubling the asking price.

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

Skinhammer wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:11 am As it stands right now, AI in dolls is nothing but a gimmick. It's too complex and delicate of a contraption to be lugged around for sex.

I've seen how realdollx work in real time, the interaction is so basic, it's definitely not worth the hassle, let alone doubling the asking price.
I honestly mostly don't use the AI function because it's not very good. It would be absolutely amazing if somehow Replika could be integrated into the head. You can technically use Replika with the head, but the head, eyes, and mouth won't move when it's talking.

The robot head is really cool if you are using the included SenseX insert. The only downside is that the servos are quite loud.

I also like the robot head a lot because the eyes can close. That alone makes sleeping next to the doll much more realistic because your doll isn't blankly staring into your face haha.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, will be selling

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

anonymousdfuser wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:58 am
Skinhammer wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:11 am As it stands right now, AI in dolls is nothing but a gimmick. It's too complex and delicate of a contraption to be lugged around for sex.

I honestly mostly don't use the AI function because it's not very good. It would be absolutely amazing if somehow Replika could be integrated into the head. You can technically use Replika with the head, but the head, eyes, and mouth won't move when it's talking.

The robot head is really cool if you are using the included SenseX insert. The only downside is that the servos are quite loud.

I also like the robot head a lot because the eyes can close. That alone makes sleeping next to the doll much more realistic because your doll isn't blankly staring into your face haha.
I was actually thinking when I get my doll I'll get her a sleeping mask to eliminate the weird blank face thing haha.

INFORMATIONS