kimberdoll.com

Zombie Hands solution

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
Honcho

Zombie Hands solution

Post by Honcho »

Here is Kimberley with her, what I call "Zombie Hands." Its a common problem for Kimber dolls. The wires that make her hands have all disconnected from the wrists, most are also broken and many have been removed because they started sticking out of her hands. The result is floppy flesh that can't do anything but look horrible.

One hand is so bad its started to tear from her wrist. I've tried to fix with gaffer tape, of all things.

Today i got delivered something that may possible help...

Not even opened yet

Can you guess....?

In was thinking some kind of gauntlets may help, but this is next best thing

It has a metal splint running through it and is quite strong

Honcho

Image Image  Image Image

Honcho

Re: Zombie Hands solution

Post by Honcho »

Fitting them on Kims broken hands...

Now there's a difference, the supported hand is much better...

Hopefully don't have to worry about her hand disconnecting from her wrist now, for a while?

Kim is taking a while to come to terms with them, she is still a little woozie from her fall the other day...

OK she is happy. If she is happy, so am I!

Product: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00L4BI0PQ
Honcho

Image Image  Image Image

csaduck

Post by csaduck »

Novel idea, out of the box thinking for real !
I am wondering if since all of the wires have been removed from her hands and wrists, so they are dead floppy hands, are the channels for the wires still open? What I am thinking is if the channels are still open maybe there is some kind of injectable type of a compound you can pump into those openings, and it could replace the wires to act like bones. Maybe a liquid plastic that hardens overnight or some kind of caulk. Just thinking..
Attachments
Zombie Hands.png
Zombie Hands.png (574.05 KiB) Viewed 1754 times

Honcho

Post by Honcho »

This kind of damage can usually be repaired if you have the knowledge, it's a case of replacing the wires. With a palm plate it can be done for sure, however a Kimbers wires connect at the wrist so much harder, maybe it can't be done as I never had any success finding anyone to do such a repair. My only solution long term is to get her another body. I could replace with another a Kimber body every year, they cheap enough for that, or get a more premium body (my ideal path), with articulated hands as they are a little more sturdy. Softer breasts as well.

Some people may find it strange replacing a WM head for a Kimber head, but to me that's where her soul is, so changing the head changes the personality.... I already have a doll who's personality is a little on the .... defensive side! Didn't start that way but its the way she has developed with her back story etc. So don't want ot go down that route again with Kimberley, she is great as she is!
Honcho

Image Image  Image Image

ClosetDollFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ClosetDollFan »

Best of luck on your mission, Gary! Good idea on the wrist support splints as a temporary solution, much better than gaffer tape.

By the way, you may want to take down or edit the photo of your parcel as your name and address are clearly visible on it! You can’t be too careful these days.
My girls:
Ava (Kimber Doll)
Jess (WM #233 on shared Kimber body)
Kelly (WM#273 on shared Kimber body)
Mila (WM #335 on shared Kimber body)

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

Hmmm,,, I guess I've been lucky so far. Julia's hands are still purfect after seven months. Although it may have something to do with her being such a couch potato. LOL

Honcho

Post by Honcho »

Thanks Closet :) Photo changed.

Yes, I have another doll that doesn't do much, but last photo session really did some damage to her (ultra soft TPE).

see here https://mylovedoll.uk/thread-167.html

This is a 1 month old doll! WM as well no less...
Honcho

Image Image  Image Image

YungSynth
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by YungSynth »

Haha I love this cat!

She's like "Yo.. what's in the bag? Them treats? 🤨"
💜 Nessa - WM 158G, #20
🩵 Alessia - SE 150E, #22c
💛 Anastasiya - SE 157H, #88
🩷 Jiyeon - 6YE 165F, Zelex #G04

danebramage

Post by danebramage »

Makes me think of the scene in "deadpool" when he breaks his wrists punching Colossus.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Why not just replace them with articulated fingers from Mannequinfan. We've resolved the old issue with wire wrists, see here: viewtopic.php?t=110832

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

the living tribunal
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by the living tribunal »

Good idea, Gary :thumbs_up: I also have gaffer tape as a temporary solution for the same reason (Kim's right wrist is broken) but didn't know these existed. Not an issue right now as Kim is just a cuddle buddy in bed these days and I'm still choosing how to replace her; but it's good to know the option is out there. (And your cat is so funny :lol: )

Honcho

Post by Honcho »

Thanks ll for the kind comments. I'm afraid most of the things i touch come crashing down, so trying to redo her hands is out before its starts, it would be a disaster.

I have thought about just replacing her body with another Kimber body, which i could do every year. I'm sure her hands would last longer every time as i grow in experience. But I still like the thought of articulated hands though so she can hold simple things properly. In the end it boils down to money at the end of the year....

Yoyo the cat has her moments.
Honcho

Image Image  Image Image

Tony S
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Tony S »

Has anyone considered cutting off her hands and replacing them with the hands they sell to art training students? Some of them can be very poseable.
Tony S
Tony S

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Tony S wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:02 pm Has anyone considered cutting off her hands and replacing them with the hands they sell to art training students? Some of them can be very poseable.
Tony S
The wooden ones? MX-V built a robot from a doll skeleton and used those wooden hands. Search for Aurella, that's her name.
Oh, or "Cyborg Robot Alien Pixie" that's her thread.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Arthur1960 did this also for a cyborg look, awesome too :)

INFORMATIONS