Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Foggy eyes

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

cyberbionic1

Foggy eyes

Post by cyberbionic1 »

I have a couple pair of high realism eyes that appear to have moisture or a gas or both on the inside of the outer clear shell. Directly over the most important part. This problem doesn’t seem to affect my cheaper standard eyes even older ones. Yes I have tried cleaning with plastx and buffing and polishing for the heck of it but close glancing it appears on the inside of the transparent shell.
Anyone else out there see this happen? Also only affects my green eyes. Yes these are from abyss only.
Thanks for any help..

Brick

Re: Foggy eyes

Post by Brick »

If these are Hand Painted eyes, then they are unrepairable. If just the standard HR eyes, buffing is the only option. If buffing doesnt work, they are beyond repair...
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

Badger42
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Badger42 »

cyberbionic1 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:15 pm I have a couple pair of high realism eyes that appear to have moisture or a gas or both on the inside of the outer clear shell. Directly over the most important part. This problem doesn’t seem to affect my cheaper standard eyes even older ones. Yes I have tried cleaning with plastx and buffing and polishing for the heck of it but close glancing it appears on the inside of the transparent shell.
Anyone else out there see this happen? Also only affects my green eyes. Yes these are from abyss only.
Thanks for any help..
It depends on the eye construction method.

Some eyes are just painted on a white solid ball, then coated/covered with a transparent layer of varnish, acrylic or any combination of these.

High end eyes (I haven't ordered my doll yet so I haven't seen Abyss eyes in person) can actually have an indent in the white ball where the iris is and a deeper hole where the pupil is for added realism and 3D effect.

If any air/moisture is inside of the cavity in this type of eye when it it sealed, it can become visible as condensation during temperature changes.The only remedy would be to either drill a tiny hole to vent it but that might be impossible to repair without being visible - unless you drill through from the rear.
The problem then becomes making sure it is now free of any kind of air/moisture able of condensation in normal operating climate when you seal it again.

The other option is to remove the outer clear shell (if possible at all) and have it resealed.

I'd say punt this back to Abyss and see if you can get them fixed/replaced as this imo has to be a manufacturing defect if there's no visible damage to the eye.

I do a fair bit of repairing old camera lenses and this problem occurs if the room is too humid when I close up a lens, so I have to make sure the room I work in is bone dry when I reassemble optics to minimize the risk of internal condensation and the possible forming of fungus/mold on internal lens surfaces. Of course over time the air inside will be replaced by outside air as they are almost never air tight, but that shouldn't happen in a properly finished eye.

Badger

Papasmurf1142
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Papasmurf1142 »

Ever thought about putting them in a bag of dried rice, if the issue is indeed condensation or moisture? That method works wonders for cell phones but it’s worth a shot.

Badger42
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Badger42 »

Papasmurf1142 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:23 am Ever thought about putting them in a bag of dried rice, if the issue is indeed condensation or moisture? That method works wonders for cell phones but it’s worth a shot.
That won't help if the moisture is sealed inside and has no way to come out. If it was that simple, just putting them in a warm place for a few hours would be enough to get rid of it.

INFORMATIONS