sexyrealsexdolls.com

for real "looking like" face ?

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

loyn
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

for real "looking like" face ?

Post by loyn »

hi,

first i've no photograph experience.

well, i look at the photo i take of my doll i found the most good, and ask myself "why is it this one the nicer ?" and what's wrong and how improuved.

is this one: (avatar's one), i just focus on a part :
detail.png
detail.png (833.6 KiB) Viewed 634 times
2 things i notice when did the "zoom":
- ragnar66* as right about teeth, the "pearl" or "nacre" make up , not so bad as i'm mean at the first look.(*: member of this forum)
- there a lot of .."thing" , i circle on green circle, i'd never see before, don't know what it is., i look close my doll face and see nothing ..

well now : when looking this face i mean the skin is so smooth, that's i immediatly mean : it's platic .
i look some tp model photo and zoom on her skin face, and they make up them for have smother skin ...
in nice doll photo face, doll make up great, so for what ? they have already a smoth face , ...

you see , have to makeup doll for look like real face who makeup for look like doll ... :?:

so in fact we have to just take a good make up photo ? ... it's like a snake biting his tail ? no ?

here for exemple on my photo,(there is no makeup exept teeth and base one on the eyes behind sunglass and the lips)
the skin is really to smoth to be real, so how ..hum .. "destroy it", ad blush, ok so it add color and a bit of granularity on the face side, but what can i do for the other part ? nose, space between nose and mouth, chin, jaw angle, etc.?

all make up ? or just stay far and add light effect when take photo ?

edit:
hum , and be carreful with reflect!!, just notice on this one, it was not planned to see the drying rack in the sunglass reflect ..

csaduck

Re: for real "looking like" face ?

Post by csaduck »

I can't say everyone on TDF uses it, but many use editing software to fix these imperfections. You can even download some free stuff that lets you grab small parts of the colors around the imperfections and drop it on top of them to make them less noticeable.
I think those white dots are accumulated baby powder and maybe just a can of "Dust-off" for computers would blow those away.

dollcurious4321
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dollcurious4321 »

loyn wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:58 pm
you see , have to makeup doll for look like real face who makeup for look like doll ... :?:
Please excuse me for not contributing to the post but this has to be my favorite quote regarding doll makeup.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Think it´s more a matter of taste and depends on desired purpose when photo shooting. Does the overall impression count, or do you want to be able zooming into the smallest details? Do you want making a doll look more like a human, or preserve "doll looks" yet making it "prettier" according to personal taste? There´s a number of approaches, but one needs bits of a "goal" and knowing the photo shooting equipment capabilities at hand. Also reflective properties of a doll´s material (TPE and silicone) play an important role. I.e photo shooting results can largely differ on a doll that is powdered or not. Same for a doll that´s treated with baby oil or other substances (...for whatever reason). :glou:

INFORMATIONS