Starpery.com

Easy Peasy Doll Stand

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Mon Amour Toujour
VENDOR
VENDOR

Easy Peasy Doll Stand

Post by Mon Amour Toujour »

Just wanted to share my idea for a doll stand. I can't put a floor to ceiling pole in my home studio and once it's installed you can't move it. My objective was to come up with
something that was discrete for photography/filming purposes and sturdy enough for a wide range of doll weights. This is what I cam up with.

Here's what you'll need-

All items can be purchased at Home Depot
1- 24" circular wood piece. Found this in the Hobby Wood isle
4- 1.25" x 1/4" x 20 hex head bolts
4- 1/4" x 20 T nuts
Good quality flat black spray paint and can of primer
Threaded Pipe
1- 1/2" x 48" (adjust the height as necessary. 48" is suitable for dolls 156cm and up. You may need to piece pipe lengths together if you need a shorter height.)
1- 1/2" x 2.5"
2- 1/2" x 5"
1- 1/2" 90 elbow
1- 1/2" three way
1- 1/2" flange (you'll need to drill out the holes in the flange so they are large enough to accommodate the 1/4" bolts.)
2- 1/2" caps

It's pretty easy to put together, just make sure the flange is about 3" inside the radius of the circle, this will act as a leaver and keep the base from tipping backwards. Screw all the threaded rod pieces together as pictured and paint.
20220723_112945.jpg
20220723_112945.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 1516 times
20220723_112955.jpg
20220723_112955.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 1516 times
How it works-
20220723_114116.jpg
20220723_114116.jpg (1.47 MiB) Viewed 1516 times
20220723_114150.jpg
20220723_114150.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 1516 times
This is a WM Doll 166cm. I also have a silicone SM Doll 168 which weighs over 100 lbs and she's standing just fine. I made two of these so far and will probably make more. Next one I'll do a video of the construction. I hope you like it!
Email:info@FreelovedollHouse.com
http://www.freelovedollhouse.com/
We only provide quality dolls to our customers! If you are ordering dolls for the first time, then choosing us is a good guarantee for you!

MinniMagg

Re: Easy Peasy Doll Stand

Post by MinniMagg »

That's a pretty neat idea and I'm definitely going to build one for my WM 166. I like her out and about but not leaning against the wall or sitting in a chair. This will be perfect and portable.

My only suggestion would be to wrap the pipes that hit her hips in something like a pool noodle or foam pipe insulation to make it a soft contact against her tpe body

Mon Amour Toujour
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Mon Amour Toujour »

MinniMagg wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:02 pm That's a pretty neat idea and I'm definitely going to build one for my WM 166. I like her out and about but not leaning against the wall or sitting in a chair. This will be perfect and portable.

My only suggestion would be to wrap the pipes that hit her hips in something like a pool noodle or foam pipe insulation to make it a soft contact against her tpe body
Great suggestion. Please post your pictures once you have it finished.
Email:info@FreelovedollHouse.com
http://www.freelovedollhouse.com/
We only provide quality dolls to our customers! If you are ordering dolls for the first time, then choosing us is a good guarantee for you!

mitsumeihakubi
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by mitsumeihakubi »

Thanks made one today works out great

MauraderM
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by MauraderM »

This is brilliant! I had been trying to come up with something similar on my own, and you just gave me great inspiration (and a much simpler concept). Thanks!

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

:D hey , nice doll stand , my hats off to you . i love inventors !!

vicvictothemax
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by vicvictothemax »

Ever think about making these as kits to sell?

MinniMagg

Post by MinniMagg »

vicvictothemax wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:58 am Ever think about making these as kits to sell?
The OP gave a really thorough list of the parts that he used. And they're available at most Lowe's or Home Depot stores. Heck even your local hardware store they probably have the pipe and then something square or round to use as a base.

The original poster didn't really need to leave instructions because it's pretty self-explanatory. I would hope anyone could make it themselves.

The problem with making kits sell, would be the cost to ship it. You'd probably be paying 10 times the part cost for shipping. None of the shipping companies like long items like the vertical standing pipe.

Perhaps re-read the original post, head to the local big box lumber yard to buy the pieces and give it a try yourself.

vicvictothemax
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by vicvictothemax »

Yeah, problem is that I don't have many large hardware stores around my area, though I could see if they could special order.

Stocking_Hunter

Post by Stocking_Hunter »

Doesn't even have to be a big box hardware store. The parts are common, (except maybe the plywood circle), and should be available at ANY hardware store. Even Mom & Pop ACE Hardware should have the parts or be able to get them in. :D

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I made one from junk I had laying around. Just an old mannequin stand with a broom handle attached to it.

Stocking_Hunter

Mr Franz wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:03 pm I made one from junk I had laying around. Just an old mannequin stand with a broom handle attached to it.
Love the glass base!

vicvictothemax
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by vicvictothemax »

Mr Franz wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:03 pm I made one from junk I had laying around. Just an old mannequin stand with a broom handle attached to it.
That looks great!

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Thanks guys. Not glass though, it's 1/4" chrome steel and quite heavy.

Stocking_Hunter

Mr Franz wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:51 pm Thanks guys. Not glass though, it's 1/4" chrome steel and quite heavy.
Heavy is good... These girls aren't light! (I never said FAT Lexy. Stop your whining!) :razz:

INFORMATIONS