Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

RealDoll VIP

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

catlikederek

Re: RealDoll VIP

Post by catlikederek »

nahmot wrote:Alright so its been a number of weeks now. Does anyone know has the site improved and if so , in what way ?
The site itself does not seem to have improved or changed as far as I can see but I am not on there often.

The only difference I see compared to a few weeks ago is that people have started posting. It is still very slow and hard to use.

I had a one year membership on the old CRD site that rolled over to VIP. It is not as fun as the old forum so I am not on daily anymore. Hopefully it will improve or at least get more resources added to the backend as i personally do not feel like using a site that reminds me of the old dialup days of the internet. As it is now i will not renew when my subscription lapses at the end of the year.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

I can say it has improved greatly, Brick, Izla, myself and others are adding pics to albums in various groups. I ti s a different more modern structure/format sort of a hybrid social media and forum. The more active the members are the more interesting the community will be. This isnt something that will gorw overnight in or a few weeks.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

Until all the archive data is returned as they promise and still promise, at Clubrealdoll.com I cannot take Abyss Creation's efforts too serriously. at least in this regard, as I went to realdoll.vp this morning and there was no one logged in other than me. That speaks wolumes.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Thanks for posting the video! Good one. I love Mike, he's great.

TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

TJ_Foxx wrote:Thanks for posting the video! Good one. I love Mike, he's great.
Mike was very homest, almost to the detriment of the company. Lately, Abyss Creations have been very silent so it was good to see some information. He said about the "humping" body which is totally new. Though not available for a year or two.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

Valman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Valman »

Cakeday-1.jpg
Cakeday-1.jpg (685.78 KiB) Viewed 746 times
OK, let me get this straight. I own a doll, a Realdoll and that's all.

Over the last three and four years I have shared my thoughts and my doll's persona and pictures at Club Realdoll, CRD. Together we have posted stories, created laughter and love, contributed valuable repair tutorials, always in community with Realdoll owners, and Realdoll enthusiasts. My content is gone. So now I have to pay and that makes me a VIP? Please excuse my justified outrage.
21st.century.technosexual.man
Sarahalla.Realdoll.Sky.Petite3.Freckles.

0osik
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by 0osik »

Valman wrote:
Cakeday-1.jpg
OK, let me get this straight. I own a doll, a Realdoll and that's all.

Over the last three and four years I have shared my thoughts and my doll's persona and pictures at Club Realdoll, CRD. Together we have posted stories, created laughter and love, contributed valuable repair tutorials, always in community with Realdoll owners, and Realdoll enthusiasts. My content is gone. So now I have to pay and that makes me a VIP? Please excuse my justified outrage.
GAWD We've missed Sara soooo much. I think one of the biggest issues is the continued lack of communication from Abyss. When CRD was released there was regular postings from Matt and others from Abyss, and the answered question. Over the years Abyss Staff visits became less and less except for Bricks visits. This "new" version while not very intuitive for old curmudgeons like me is just another continuation that fails to inform the public what is going on.

The vast majority of members were "lurkers" who never posted but lots of them regularly visited. The CRD site was unofficially staffed by members who were there to share our girls and stories. At the same time we helped newbies with doll life issues. Now we are being asked to pay a premium subscription to help others.

The vast majority of my knowledge was in the threads of CRD, and knowing where to look for them. Most of the question being asked could be answered by pointing to a couple of threads that discussed an issue. One of the more frequent question was "where can I find pictures of Body __ or Face ___" It was easy to point to those threads.

Val you know my preference for the Petite Body 3 Sky, really a BoyToy BT3 Sky. Sara was always a great reference. Now it appears to be lost forever.

The fact that the current version is cumbersome and slow is not nearly as bad as the total lack of information or anything of value.
Servant for Azure: BT3, Sky, Birthday July 10, Anniversary October 27, 2014
Servant for Celestia: BT5, Star, Birthday March 10, Anniversary May 20, 2016

apn12
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apn12 »

I agree these two last messages...

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Hi Guys,

For me, I went in with an open mind and expectations that VIP was not going to be a re-dressed CRD. The format is growing on me. I don't have a problem with the paid membership, in fact I just bought a repair kit and got almost $20 off the kit. I'll probably get a nip, nail and lip touch up kit later this year. Who knows what else.

Several members here have mentioned being upset that they bought a real doll and now have to pay for a forum. Well, I actually like that. I have smartphones, a tablet, a lap top, desktop computer and TV's. I pay for phone service, internet access and cable TV. I also pay for DVR with cable, satellite radio, and streaming services. Why? No commercials or other noise- I can tune in, listen, and hear what I want without other content I don't want. As much as we can say we loved CRD, it was slowing to a grinding halt before Abyss closed it. I can't imagine they took that lightly or as an impulse. I am not an employee of Abyss nor has anyone there conveyed these ideas directly, these are just my thoughts and opinions. I am not looking to debate, change anyone's mind or tell anyone they are wrong. I am just presenting my perspective, FWIW.

When Twitter, Instagram and Youtube videos are getting more traffic than a website you are paying to host, it is time to re-assess the purpose and your resources. Those of us who were active on CRD, well that's great; but there weren't that many of us. So why should a company pay for 2 or 3 dozen of us to post pics and hope lurkers will like what they see and ask us questions. Those of us who were active there are active here too. As 0osik stated, the contact on CRD from Abyss staff was there in the beginning but faded. As a CEO, it was nice Matt took the time early on to pop in on CRD and even on TDF prior to that occasionally. Joe took over TDF for Abyss, then left and now Brick is our Ambassador here and is always here to help as he was on CRD. Let is not forget, Abyss is a very strong and long time sponsor of TDF.

Matt McMullen (CEO) and Mike Wilson (COO) are smart M'Fkrs. This isn't 2015 anymore, the doll community & doll industry is totally different. They still produce beautifully crafted, quality dolls, in the US. Who else is doing that and doing it well at this or any level? In addition to Realbotix and AI, Abyss seems to be expanding its product lines to outside of dolls and accessories. They moved to Vegas! THAT was big. If you follow Mike Wilson on Twitter you will see that. Mike also streams on Twitch, and uses Discord. All new venues for us old curmudgeons (LOL 0osik.) Abyss is moving with the times and younger folks are connecting that way. I think Mike spoke volumes, above in the video, with intelligence & humor. You will never get that kind of info or perspective out of a forum post.

:glou:
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

apn12
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apn12 »

I thought what is base problem in this case. I can share photos like that to BoyToy forum but forum is almost dead. Nothing discussion or comments.
On CRD was activities, discussion, comments, humour, etc. I liked very much photo manipulate thread. I learnt more and more.
Anyway I suspect, after payment version there are not same quantity members than free version.
Attachments
Mariu 1.jpg
Mariu 1.jpg (3.13 MiB) Viewed 566 times

0osik
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by 0osik »

apn12 wrote:I thought what is base problem in this case. I can share photos like that to BoyToy forum but forum is almost dead. Nothing discussion or comments.
On CRD was activities, discussion, comments, humour, etc. I liked very much photo manipulate thread. I learnt more and more.
Anyway I suspect, after payment version there are not same quantity members than free version.
:plaidskirt: :plaidskirt: :plaidskirt:
Servant for Azure: BT3, Sky, Birthday July 10, Anniversary October 27, 2014
Servant for Celestia: BT5, Star, Birthday March 10, Anniversary May 20, 2016

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Of course it is going to take time to get going. Would it be better if there was a free or minimal cost access? Yes, it would. However, I don't think trashing them is an effective way to persuade them to consider other options. There are better ways to express disagreement. Just sayin'...
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

Frankly, I think Abyss Creations are in the process of transforming from a very small, personalised company to one of greater mass production. If they bring out all these innovations they have promised, then the problems with Viprealdoll.com pale into lesser note. For example; a PC compatiable application for the generiic Harmony (Realdollx) was promised in the first quarter of 2022. That MUST be due within days.

Valman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Valman »

apn12 wrote:I thought what is base problem in this case. I can share photos like that to BoyToy forum but forum is almost dead. Nothing discussion or comments.
Mariu! ♥♥♥ And not the same quantity or the same quality, just an opinion! But yeah, nice to hear from you, and nice to see your doll!
raysmod wrote:Frankly, I think Abyss Creations are in the process of transforming from a very small, personalised company to one of greater mass production. If they bring out all these innovations they have promised, then the problems with Viprealdoll.com pale into lesser note. For example; a PC compatiable application for the generiic Harmony (Realdollx) was promised in the first quarter of 2022. That MUST be due within days.
sarah-99-to-be-continued.png
sarah-99-to-be-continued.png (160.77 KiB) Viewed 795 times
This image was created in mid-April 2018. There was hope for an upgrade to the excellent Harmony AI. To date, in five years since 2017 when I first subscribed, there has not been any upgrade to the AI app, unless you count a strip of Bluetooth in a fake vagina that moans when you stroke it.

This VIP is not an upgrade to CRD. My honest opinion is it's a transfer to the same tech crew to compensate for lack of revenue on RealdollX. Unloading reality to promote a fantasty. So.
21st.century.technosexual.man
Sarahalla.Realdoll.Sky.Petite3.Freckles.

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

Valman, I think the Verbot; Sylvia that was made about 1998 was quite competitive with Harmony application. Sylvia was only head and upper shoulders but the AI wasn't bad at all.

INFORMATIONS