betterlovedoll.com

Trying to sell a used doll

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
DarkCloud

Trying to sell a used doll

Post by DarkCloud »

Hello everybody. I'm looking to sell my used doll. Not sure of how to go about it. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. It's very nice and still in good condition. Only had it for 6 months.

Kite
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: Trying to sell a used doll

Post by Kite »

So you will need to make 4 more posts then you will get access to posting in the sales section. Check out the rules for sales and this. viewtopic.php?f=128&t=132547

That has examples of the requirements needed for a sale. If you have any questions let me know. I specialize in the sales section.

phobic
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by phobic »

I saw a sales section - which is awesome - but as mentioned above, you need to get your account "verified" by being a participant.

CasualLion23
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CasualLion23 »

I'm intending to sell my doll soon as well. There is some amazing advice on this forum. The biggest question I had was how to price the doll. Someone mentioned a good starting point is about 70% of the original price. However, this could change based on the condition. The forum where you sell the doll let's you adjust the price down over time. There is a page that says what must be included in a for sale post as well that should help. Good luck!

Oregonguy66

Post by Oregonguy66 »

Any idea on how long it takes, average time. to sell a doll on this site?

Vickylover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Vickylover »

The place for selling dolls is the "Market" section of the forum but those of you who have less than five posts cannot access it yet. Once you have made five posts and moved up from Newbie to Basic poster you can use it.
CasualLion23 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:55 pm I'm intending to sell my doll soon as well. There is some amazing advice on this forum. The biggest question I had was how to price the doll. Someone mentioned a good starting point is about 70% of the original price. However, this could change based on the condition. The forum where you sell the doll let's you adjust the price down over time. There is a page that says what must be included in a for sale post as well that should help. Good luck!
You need to have a think about what you would pay for a used doll. Here in the UK you can buy a new TPE doll for less than £1000. If I saw an used doll for sale at £700, remembering that she has been used, someone has been having sex with her. She may well be clean but I think that I would rather spend the extra money on a new unused doll but that is just my opinion.
Oregonguy66 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:37 am Any idea on how long it takes, average time. to sell a doll on this site?
This can vary a lot, some dolls go almost overnight while others can sit there unsold for ages. It can depend on what doll you have for sale, if you have a "niche" doll then you may have to wait for the right buyer to come along, where as a general doll may sell more quickly. Of course price has a bearing on this as well. Take care Vickylover.
My doll is SexyEmma a 6YE 165cm E cup.

Oregonguy66

warming the doll

Post by Oregonguy66 »

Any suggestions on warming the doll up? I have read there can be issues with electric blankets and the internal heaters.

The Doll Man

Re: warming the doll

Post by The Doll Man »

Oregonguy66 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:18 am Any suggestions on warming the doll up? I have read there can be issues with electric blankets and the internal heaters.
Try ask at Open Forum, or at Dolls In General,
maybe there you get more answers...
:wink:

★ Open Forum:
viewforum.php?f=14

★ Dolls In General:
viewforum.php?f=87

📜Tips & 🪄Tricks:
★ TDF Search Engine:
search.php

🚪 Dollmans Cabinet:__________ viewtopic.php?t=155843

Fitz62
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Fitz62 »

I have sold a few dolls in the market, dolls are like diamonds they are worth a lot less than the original purchase price when you ty and sell them.

Expect to get 50% or less for it.

If it is in good shape and barely used , why so little you ask.

I would say the price has to make it worth it to take a chance on a used sex item. Also, it may not have the exact options the buyer was looking for and of course any small blemishes or damage will affect the price.

I disposed of a few dolls because no one would purchase them at a price that made it worth the trouble of packaging and shipping them.

So have realistic expectations and look at it as a way to to dispose of the doll if no longer wanted and allows another person to get into the hobby to see if it is for them.

Swan
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Swan »

*Posts made in this thread that Circumvent the For Sale forum will be disapproved or removed*

trinnua

Post by trinnua »

Well im currently not in possesion of some sex doll (currently not), but BJD collector. So i think aside of condition, price also related on rarity and popularity (as i saw photos on this forum, some dolls can be not only as sex partners)

archangel_gabriel
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by archangel_gabriel »

From looking at the pricing of sold tantaly dolls on ebay, it seems like ~60% of original value is the going rate

Harry36
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Harry36 »

Same here, Dark Cloud, had BBW Amy 6 months. My partner died in May of last year.
And my doll has SOOOOO helped me get to sleep at nights and especially when I awake in the middle of the night.
But I’m going to be forced to sell due to a combo of an increasingly bad back, looking to get back out on the market and leaks to my rented house which need urgent attention and I won’t be able to hide her any more.
So will be trying to sell on here before the house is flooded.
I bought my first doll in November/December time, only to find my perfect body, BBW Amy, days after ordering doll No.1. Doh! I couldn’t resist.
Had all sorts of fun, misadventures, muscle strains and worries taking doll no.1 to the local rubbish tip without being seen (by neighbours and the tip men!) – especially as I had to climb 12 steep steps to throw her into the skip! :)
Big-up to this site. Have visited many times without really contributing much.
But it has been invaluable for tips on all kinds of issues that I wouldn’t have had a clue about, left to my own devices.

INFORMATIONS