The weight problem

Got an idea? Need an invention?
SimonSays7
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: The weight problem

Post by SimonSays7 »

Nackers wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:37 am
It's not just that. Bear in mind many people have physical disabilities or injuries that literally make that impossible. Not everyone is young and physically able and just needs to "get used to lifting the weight".
People who are physically incapable, OR, some of us just don't WANT to deal with the hassle. With a big wobbly blob of deadweight TPE whose knees are gonna give out like an old lady before she even turns two years old. :lol:

Lone Wolf
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lone Wolf »

Nackers wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:37 am
Lone Wolf wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:42 am Add my vote in. I was nervous and surprised about the weight of my 163h wm. She is 111 lb but like you, I think it adds to the realism. If she were a feather weight, at her size, it would seem very fake doing anything with her. And yes, heavy-dolls will make you stronger! I went from sweating and cursing while moving her from one room to the other, to being able to tuck her under one arm and carry her. I'm 165 lb. It's all in how you lift.
LW
It's not just that. Bear in mind many people have physical disabilities or injuries that literally make that impossible. Not everyone is young and physically able and just needs to "get used to lifting the weight".
My apologies. I didn't mean to put anyone down. I'm certainly not young, but I should have taken into account that there are people out there with physical disabilities or lasting injuries. If your choice is an unrealistically light doll versus nothing at all, then I can certainly see why someone would choose a featherweight model,. But I would still stand by my statement that it would detract from the realism, at least for me.
LW

SimonSays7
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by SimonSays7 »

[quote="Lone Wolf" post_id=2477800
If your choice is an unrealistically light doll versus nothing at all, then I can certainly see why someone would choose a featherweight model,. But I would still stand by my statement that it would detract from the realism, at least for me.
LW
[/quote]

Enjoying dolls is about knowing what you like. You seem to like ‘realistically’ weighted dolls, that floats your boat. That’s great.

For me, weight is a turn-off. A drag. A hassle with no real upside or benefit.

Deadman 9000

Post by Deadman 9000 »

you could get a fabric doll. happy dolls fabric dolls are great.
they can easily be lifted and carried around and the skin feels like pantyhose but it gets as warm as you since it is fabric. some fabric dolls can last a very long time.
i will get a fabric doll since i get weaker every year and don't want to have something i cannot move around or my bed or on the floor

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

Bedroom_DJ wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:34 pm
However the reality check soon hits at the moment I tried to move the 50lbs (which is actually lighter than much full-size dolls) from the stair-way to my room... :|

one of mine weighs 100 pounds. But I only move her from bed to a standing spot in the same room.
The other weighs 75 pounds

thats how dolls are. Heavy

50 pounds is a dream.

Yes!! there is a wonderful new technology that is called "weight reduction" and they are able to make dolls of an adult height at.... 50 pounds.

So there you are... the new technology wont benefit you cause thats about the minimum dolls weigh. And I wouldn't recommend it because most of them are harder.

On the positive side, consider yourself lucky!

You have a light doll

PS: dolls dont like "upstairs" stairs is bad for the health of both you and the doll
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

Carl_Rogers
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Carl_Rogers »

I have been lifting weights for a year because I want a heavy doll but I'm still not sure if I'm ready

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

Lone Wolf wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:06 pm My apologies. I didn't mean to put anyone down. I'm certainly not young, but I should have taken into account that there are people out there with physical disabilities or lasting injuries. If your choice is an unrealistically light doll versus nothing at all, then I can certainly see why someone would choose a featherweight model,. But I would still stand by my statement that it would detract from the realism, at least for me.
LW
Fair enough. I personally prefer a more realistic weight too. But a shoulder injury has made that difficult to manage. I believe my ideal weight is around the mid 30kg mark because it feels more like a real person, but I'm happy with a 25kg doll because I can move it comfortably. Even with the bad shoulder I wouldn't go lower than 20kg on a doll because that feels too light and I lose my suspension of disbelief (I can't imagine it's a real woman anymore).

INFORMATIONS