www.yourdoll.com

Confused on how to avoid colour stains on TPE!

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
Sir Olius
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Confused on how to avoid colour stains on TPE!

Post by Sir Olius »

Hey. So based on suggestions here, i've pre washed clothes for stain prevention, and i've experienced a bit of weirdness.

Almost all the black clothes did leaked a bit, but after 2 washing i did not seen any more paint creeping off from them. This includes shirts, socks, stockings etc.

On the other hand, i have a pack of jimp suit like full body net stockings, they are different colours. Almost all leaked a bit in hot water + washing liquid, for the first wash.

Red do leaked more, then yellow/blue, had to was them 3 4 times, but the pink one from the same pack is wild. After like 8 wash it still leaks. Does not seem to fade, but leaks like no tomorrow.
Attachments
20221210_231113.jpg
20221210_231113.jpg (3.05 MiB) Viewed 706 times

Dusterado

Post by Dusterado »

This is all great info. I'm waiting on my Irontech to arrive and was gonna splurge on Shein for a bunch of cheap sexy clothing.

Especially some denim booty shorts :plaidskirt:

I'll have to take my chances with the denim shorts because I HAVE to see her in those, I'll just soak and wash them a bunch and get some lighter variants.. maybe white denim as well.

The thrift store suggestion is a good one.

Dusterado

Post by Dusterado »

Would white clothing stain a tanned doll?

setevoltas
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by setevoltas »

Dusterado wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:05 pm Would white clothing stain a tanned doll?
No, staining comes from colored dyes.
Sete's Gatas
Instagram - @setesartphotography

kwantlenjha
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by kwantlenjha »

Does anyone know if it's safe to keep leggings/stockings on a doll indefinitely? Or would that cause stains too?

setevoltas
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by setevoltas »

White leggings yes. There are also dyed/ 3D print look leggings that have a white polyester lining. These are safe also.

Usually dark nylon material is safe. Dark polyester material usually isn't. Also watch out for lighter "neon" colors, I've had pink and green transfer when I wasn't expecting it to.

Rule of thumb is to test any dyed item using a heavy weight and a spare insert or sample piece. See if there was dye transfer after half an hour. If the piece looks like a ball point broke in half on it, don't put it on your doll, period. If it's a faint mark, she can wear the item briefly but not for storage. If there's no stain at all, it might be safe, but I'd still check it after a day or so on the doll to be safe.

Remember with all dark items you can layer them over a protective pair of non-staining leggings or shorts.
Sete's Gatas

kwantlenjha
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by kwantlenjha »

setevoltas wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:23 am White leggings yes. There are also dyed/ 3D print look leggings that have a white polyester lining. These are safe also.

Usually dark nylon material is safe. Dark polyester material usually isn't. Also watch out for lighter "neon" colors, I've had pink and green transfer when I wasn't expecting it to.

Rule of thumb is to test any dyed item using a heavy weight and a spare insert or sample piece. See if there was dye transfer after half an hour. If the piece looks like a ball point broke in half on it, don't put it on your doll, period. If it's a faint mark, she can wear the item briefly but not for storage. If there's no stain at all, it might be safe, but I'd still check it after a day or so on the doll to be safe.

Remember with all dark items you can layer them over a protective pair of non-staining leggings or shorts.
That's super helpful. Thank you!!

setevoltas
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by setevoltas »

kwantlenjha wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:19 pm
That's super helpful. Thank you!!
You bet! Welcome to the board. 👍🏽
Sete's Gatas

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

kwantlenjha wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:07 am Does anyone know if it's safe to keep leggings/stockings on a doll indefinitely? Or would that cause stains too?
Re stockings, all my gals wear stockings permanently and most of them are black. I am currently using this brand and they are completely colour fast so no staining and no need to wash first. I would recommend the traditional type stocking that can be used with a suspender belt for permanent wear rather than hold-ups which usually have a latex band at the top that can leave a compression mark on the thigh over time.
Attachments
cindy-15-den-stockings-black.jpg
cindy-15-den-stockings-black.jpg (195.36 KiB) Viewed 563 times

kwantlenjha
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by kwantlenjha »

Arthur1960 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:52 pm
kwantlenjha wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:07 am Does anyone know if it's safe to keep leggings/stockings on a doll indefinitely? Or would that cause stains too?
Re stockings, all my gals wear stockings permanently and most of them are black. I am currently using this brand and they are completely colour fast so no staining and no need to wash first. I would recommend the traditional type stocking that can be used with a suspender belt for permanent wear rather than hold-ups which usually have a latex band at the top that can leave a compression mark on the thigh over time.
Thanks @Arthur1960. I will definitely check this brand out. My doll is quite small (not young) so I will need to carefully seek out ones that fit her.

SOULOVEDOLL

Post by SOULOVEDOLL »

So, the deal with TPE discoloration is that the oil in TPE can dissolve the color in clothes. It all depends on the dyeing method and the materials used. Dark fabrics need more dyes to get that deep color, and cheap fabrics sometimes have an excess of dye, probably to hurry things up.

For a safer bet, light-colored clothing is often recommended when dealing with TPE. Hope this info helps you out and clears up any confusion!

INFORMATIONS