www.yourdoll.com

Confused on how to avoid colour stains on TPE!

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Confused on how to avoid colour stains on TPE!

Post by CF »

Consider buying clothes second hand from a thrift store. Chances are good the items have been washed many times.

Beyond that just be sure to take the clothes off her ASAP and inspect her for any sign of stains.

Good luck!
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

Dolllove1991
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Dolllove1991 »

Ok I haven't read any of the comments. But you can let them wear dark clothes but you should test the dark clothing on a piece of tpe or a insert for a week or how ever long you want to leave it on for.

Some brands of clothes and even sheets like for your bed the quality is really good and the ink doesn't come off like for example my bed sheet is black the darkest black and my girls could lay on it indefinitely as they do for a week at a time and it won't stain because the quality is good.

Now some clothing companies the ink runs out like when u wash it itgets lighter faster then the good quality stuff. Now I have bought some clothes I thought would be cheap made and they didn't stain also. Even bright colors yellow pink etc can stain I've had shitty quality pink clothing leave pink stains.

Be careful because I've had outfits that the material wouldn't stain against the tpe but where the elastic band was pressing it into the tpe that caused a stain it was leggings the leggings were tight but only rhe elastic waist caused a stain.

There's a clothing company old navy none of their stuff stains I've never got a stain from them even black tight shorts blue shirts etc they're good quality. They have wore dark blue jeans from them very dark for a week straight and no stains.

So don't short yourself by only white colors. Just figure out if it's good or bad quality on a insert or something. At the end of the day stains come out even the worst of them. I've had some insane ones.

TheDarkKnight123
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by TheDarkKnight123 »

CF wrote:Consider buying clothes second hand from a thrift store. Chances are good the items have been washed many times.

Beyond that just be sure to take the clothes off her ASAP and inspect her for any sign of stains.

Good luck!
Thanks, really good suggestion. I don't know if they'll have lingerie or the sexy type of clothes I want but it can't hurt to go check!

TheDarkKnight123
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Dolllove1991 wrote:Ok I haven't read any of the comments. But you can let them wear dark clothes but you should test the dark clothing on a piece of tpe or a insert for a week or how ever long you want to leave it on for.

Some brands of clothes and even sheets like for your bed the quality is really good and the ink doesn't come off like for example my bed sheet is black the darkest black and my girls could lay on it indefinitely as they do for a week at a time and it won't stain because the quality is good.

Now some clothing companies the ink runs out like when u wash it itgets lighter faster then the good quality stuff. Now I have bought some clothes I thought would be cheap made and they didn't stain also. Even bright colors yellow pink etc can stain I've had shitty quality pink clothing leave pink stains.

Be careful because I've had outfits that the material wouldn't stain against the tpe but where the elastic band was pressing it into the tpe that caused a stain it was leggings the leggings were tight but only rhe elastic waist caused a stain.

There's a clothing company old navy none of their stuff stains I've never got a stain from them even black tight shorts blue shirts etc they're good quality. They have wore dark blue jeans from them very dark for a week straight and no stains.

So don't short yourself by only white colors. Just figure out if it's good or bad quality on a insert or something. At the end of the day stains come out even the worst of them. I've had some insane ones.
Really good idea to test the clothes on a piece of TPE first. I won't have any inserts because I'm only buying a torso, any suggestions on what to buy to try this?

Yeah true I might be overthinking it, if at the end of the day the stains come out you just learn okay that was no good and keep it for donation and work from there.

Edit: maybe get one of these coloured kneeling mats and roll it up to test? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5Pcs-Yoga-K ... 56-20017-0

Tailor
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Tailor »

TheDarkKnight123 wrote:Very interesting. That makes alot of sense. Is there a certain type of fabric I should try to avoid? I guess there's also the possibility that even though I spend more buying the more expensive clothes, you never know if they're also following the too much dye to speed up rule, so it might just be luck of the draw.
Not what I know but dark jeans almost always discolor a lot and they use a lot of dyes because strangely enough, a yellow dye is used to produce jeans blue. I have tried to research the subject more deeply but did not find much information about different materials and dyes. I have never personally had any problems with viscose, but it may just be a coincidence or pure luck
Jade: SM 148cm
Claire: JM New Tree Elf 80cm
Mi-Soo: Starpery 171cm A

TheDarkKnight123
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

I can't remember if I asked this or not, but if I dress her in a white T-shirt and white shorts to sleep with me, will that be enough to make sure I don't get oil on my sheets?

Dolllove1991
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Dolllove1991 »

It doesn't matter how bad the stain it can be removed. But you learn as a owner over time how to avoid them. Like I said my black bed sheets won't stain the dolls however they leave black fuzz on them. Because the quality is good material.

Here's a dark stained I removed effortlessly.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210811-064828_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210811-064828_Chrome.jpg (413.63 KiB) Viewed 889 times

TheDarkKnight123
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Damn you can't even tell there was even a stain there! Which process did you use? The 10% acne cream one?

Dolllove1991
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Dolllove1991 »

Dollfriend wrote:For me the staining has not happened in a matter of seconds it has taken some time, not exactly sure how long, could have been a couple of hours or less to overnight to several days, this can happen with any dark color, whether they have been washed or not, even dark wigs, (speaking from experience). Cheap clothes that are dark would probably be the worst as already mentioned. That is why you see Dolls photographed with these dark colors...The photographer probably does not leave them in it for long, if he does not want to stain his Model.
Your right about that I have a pair of black pants they use to stain when they were new in a hour or less. I washed them a bunch of times maybe 6 to 10 times, I thought they would be good because they didn't stain after a few hours but I left them for a few days and the areas that were tightest to the skin stained. Not as dark as when it was new but still a stain nonetheless.
TheDarkKnight123 wrote:Damn you can't even tell there was even a stain there! Which process did you use? The 10% acne cream one?
I used this cream. I learned it from a member a long time ago I dampen the area then try to apply as thick of a layer as I can then go to sleep go to work come home after all those hours wash it off. Apply again that was a dark stain it absorbed for a month or more it was dark dark blue. Stains from black that happen quick are usually a lighter purple color the longer its on it gets to a dark blue. That's my experience atleast. It took 3 days of this process the process is effortless just takes time. I hardly stain now if its the size of a bruise on the body I don't worry I eventually get around to it when I give them their shower, because I know I can get rid of it.

The thing about those acne creams tho they are made to take the oil out of your skin if you have oily skin. I find the area where it was applied to feel dry after like it pulled the oils out of the doll along with the ink. So I put some oil on the area. I have covered a entire doll it in once she felt like she needed oiling afterwards.
Attachments
cleanandclear.jpg
cleanandclear.jpg (8.44 KiB) Viewed 878 times

Dolllove1991
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Dolllove1991 »

Dollfriend wrote:For me the staining has not happened in a matter of seconds it has taken some time, not exactly sure how long, could have been a couple of hours or less to overnight to several days, this can happen with any dark color, whether they have been washed or not, even dark wigs, (speaking from experience). Cheap clothes that are dark would probably be the worst as already mentioned. That is why you see Dolls photographed with these dark colors...The photographer probably does not leave them in it for long, if he does not want to stain his Model.
Your right about that I have a pair of black pants they use to stain when they were new in a hour or less. I washed them a bunch of times maybe 6 to 10 times, I thought they would be good because they didn't stain after a few hours but I left them for a few days and the areas that were tightest to the skin stained. Not as dark as when it was new but still a stain nonetheless.
TheDarkKnight123 wrote:Damn you can't even tell there was even a stain there! Which process did you use? The 10% acne cream one?
I used this cream. I learned it from a member a long time ago I dampen the area then try to apply as thick of a layer as I can then go to sleep go to work come home after all those hours wash it off. Apply again that was a dark stain it absorbed for a month or more it was dark dark blue. Stains from black that happen quick are usually a lighter purple color the longer its on it gets to a dark blue. That's my experience atleast. It took 3 days of this process the process is effortless just takes time. I hardly stain now if its the size of a bruise on the body I don't worry I eventually get around to it when I give them their shower, because I know I can get rid of it.

The thing about those acne creams tho they are made to take the oil out of your skin if you have oily skin. I find the area where it was applied to feel dry after like it pulled the oils out of the doll along with the ink. So I put some oil on the area. I have covered a entire doll it in once she felt like she needed oiling afterwards.

Dolllove1991
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Dolllove1991 »

TheDarkKnight123
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Dolllove1991 wrote:

I think I've got all the information I need to arm myself for possible stains lol I'm confident if I do happen to get a stain, it doesn't seem that hard to get rid of it and it won't be the end of the world.

I'm still going to wash any new clothes a few times, but I only plan on dressing her for play time so even though it's unpredictable how long the clothes/lingerie can be on before staining, I think the chances of a stain will hopefully be slim.

The rest of the time I'll keep her in white clothing and I'll be set :)

Stickman69

Post by Stickman69 »

Everyone has already provided the good advice in this thread. I will add that I had a bit of a surprise after putting some regular ol' beige leggings on my light-skinned doll for a few days. You would think that would be safe, but it left a bit of a stain that has since faded.

I think I figured out it's because these particular leggings have a silicone lining that helps them stay up by sticking to the skin. That is the only difference I could see between them and other leggings that I have bought, and it seems I read one time that silicone shouldn't touch TPE. I think maybe this is similar to the issue that dolllove mentioned above with the elastic band.

Also, I use the TPE insert that was included with my first doll as a sort of TPE test material now.
My Dolls:
Candy/Tandy WM 157B in Black
viewtopic.php?f=215&t=144713
Katie (NextGen)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=145039

upsux
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by upsux »

To answer your question about oil on the sheets - almost every doll will come with a fleece blanket, wash that blanket and then fold it accordingly so that it covers the area on the bed that your doll will take up. This will prevent almost all oil leeching into the sheets.

TheDarkKnight123
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

upsux wrote:To answer your question about oil on the sheets - almost every doll will come with a fleece blanket, wash that blanket and then fold it accordingly so that it covers the area on the bed that your doll will take up. This will prevent almost all oil leeching into the sheets.
Sweet thanks. Sounds easy enough!

INFORMATIONS