kimberdoll.com

MY KIMBER REVIEW...THE GOOD AND THE BAD...WE HAVE A WINNER

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
bigchilli
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: MY KIMBER REVIEW...THE GOOD AND THE BAD...WE HAVE A WINNER

Post by bigchilli »

@AAnderson12

Standing can take practice
I've owned a few kimbers and I find them very easy to stand, especially with their light weight.
Easier than wm dolls but if your new to dolls it will be a learning curve
You need to lock her knees out, if they're not locked, her weight will collapse them.

Just look at Tighes1's threads
He has 10 I think and regularly free stands them.

There posing abilities are somewhat limited by the skeleton but standing is not one of those limitations.

P.s
Having owned 12 dolls now, I can tell you with 100% certainty...
They all creek buddy

the living tribunal
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by the living tribunal »

bigchilli wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:56 pmYou need to lock her knees out, if they're not locked, her weight will collapse them.
This. Kimbers are double jointed at the knees, so they can pose with their calves on their thighs/asses. The knees can support the weight of the legs when seated, e.g. lifted up off the chair, but not the whole doll, and when bent, would not be expected to hold the weight of the doll in any case. As for the creaking, Kim's joints were quite stiff and noisy when purchased, this is normal for lower-end TPE dolls.

Have you tried standing her straight up like this and if so, what did you find?

MyDollIsHappy

Post by MyDollIsHappy »

the living tribunal wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:24 pm
bigchilli wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:56 pmYou need to lock her knees out, if they're not locked, her weight will collapse them.
This. Kimbers are double jointed at the knees, so they can pose with their calves on their thighs/asses. The knees can support the weight of the legs when seated, e.g. lifted up off the chair, but not the whole doll, and when bent, would not be expected to hold the weight of the doll in any case. As for the creaking, Kim's joints were quite stiff and noisy when purchased, this is normal for lower-end TPE dolls.
Second that. I found it easier to make kimber stand then make kimber sit. For Standing I found it the easiest to make her legs and body strait on the bed and the arm ready for hugging. Then pull her on the arms and hug her. After that correct spread until she stands. You can go hugging with her to the next wall and lay her on the wall. Afterwards you can correct angels of the body and pull her a bit from the wall. If she fells she either fell into you arms or against the wall. It took me some time to think in advance how the weight distribution to the joints will be. If you found that out it will be easier to shift her to positions you like. As others already mentioned the skeleton is a older model and not every pose is possible

Give her some time and it will go a good route. Dolls are not that easy to handle as you have to take care of her limitations.

Nevaeh1

Post by Nevaeh1 »

Great review downside is since her ankles don’t rotate you could easily break her ankles if to much weight was applied to it while posing or during play.
Also what head is that and from where? Mias head number ?

Tighes
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Tighes »

AAnderson12 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:41 am Well, I dove into the pool as they say and ordered a Kimber. After all the reviews and suggestions, she seemed a good fit for some photography I wanted to do! She arrived in a VERY timely order, and was packaged very well, She came in looking as advertised, with all promised accessories. So I unboxed her .. and the problems began. For my purposes, photos, she needed to be "poseable". Not going to happen. Her head seems to have a mind of it's own, so forget putting it into a position and expecting it to stay posed (it also "pops and creaks when moved .. kind of creepy) . the hands are the cheap wire (to be expected), but the worst part is she will not stand up - period. Any attempt regardless of angle, results in one or both knees collapsing.

So I issued a request to return, promptly met with a big "no" from Kimber. But -- thank God for Paypal. I fired off a dispute, and to my surprise, Kimber agreed to a full refund when returned! Great right? Not so much .. they insisted I return it to Australia, even though they claim to have offices and shipping partners all over the USA . And the return shipping cost? Just a mere $1,371.00. For a $599 refund? Nice scam there on the return.

So the moral of the story? Its a good looking thing, and I supposed if you want it for "other uses" prolly do great! But if there is an issue with the product... you are screwed, you bought it, you own it. Don't expect any kind of support or assistance .. at least not any thats not shrouded in a scam.
Biggest load of crap I’ve read. I’ve owned KimberDolls for photography for about 3 years now and have 15 of them. They don’t free stand and I will challenge you that they can’t be posed. Look at my photos to prove that. They pose way better than my WM dolls.
I have never had one collapse because of a bent knee…ever!! I’m calling bullshit that they wanted you to return it to Australia.
I love how something didn’t go your way so the word SCAM gets pulled out.

So a question for you, why would I buy 15 if they were as crap as you say?
Tighes

AAnderson12
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by AAnderson12 »

Biggest load of crap I’ve read. I’ve owned KimberDolls for photography for about 3 years now and have 15 of them. They don’t free stand and I will challenge you that they can’t be posed. Look at my photos to prove that. They pose way better than my WM dolls.
I have never had one collapse because of a bent knee…ever!! I’m calling bullshit that they wanted you to return it to Australia.
I love how something didn’t go your way so the word SCAM gets pulled out.

So a question for you, why would I buy 15 if they were as crap as you say?
Tighes

How about before you go shooting your mouth off, you check your facts. Or better yet, regail us all with your many stories of happy customer service they gave you, and exactly WHERE they had YOU ship a return? Their return address IS in Australia - period, and they make no exceptions to it, even paypal asked them for a US or Canadian address, and they turned them down flat.

Secondly, I don't give a shit if you own 15 or 150. That in no way can possibly be construed to say "all dolls in the line are just like mine" - shit happens, errors get made. I am definitely NOT an authority on doll production, not trying to sell myself as such. This was simply my experience. And the word SCAM was pulled out when they would only allow a return if shipped to Australia, that is an old and well known scam, make it so expensive to return that buyers go away and drop complaints. Magically they were able to ship it TO me for $98 - and just a mere $1,3xx.00 to return it to them, and no, they also refused paypals request to provide a pre paid label (That they would be reimbursee the ($98). And for the record I never said they were "crap", and as to why you would buy 15 of these, or 175 feet of garden hose, I have no idea, and really don't care why.

Both yourself and others have now stated Kimber has issues standing .. so please tell me WHY the manufacturer places so many POSES OF HER STANDING ON THEIR WEBSITE? I do not know or claim to know your needs for your 15 model Kimbers, nor am I in any way "an old salt" with tons of experience, but what I wanted to do REQUIRES the ability to stand, and based on how she was advertised, I believed she could. Once that failed, the return to Australia bullshit really pissed me off, and yes, I thought it was information the community could use when making a decision.

AAnderson12
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by AAnderson12 »

By the way -- here is the email (edited for my privacy of course) stating their return "terms" - please provide us YOUR proof that it is not accurate? And before you start up again, there are references in this email that could ONLY have come from them based on the info included

Hello, xxxxx xxxxxx

PayPal

Return the item(s) to receive your refund

What's happening with your case?

Personal Technology Pty. Ltd. has agreed to issue a full refund of $698.00 USD, once you return the item(s) associated with this transaction.

Case ID PP-D-xxxxxxxxx
Disputed amount $698.00 USD
Transaction ID xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Transaction amount $698.00 USD
Transaction date April 16, 2022
Seller name Personal Technology Pty. Ltd.
Go to Case Details
What should you do?

To receive the refund, you'll need to initiate the return shipment and upload the tracking information in the Resolution Center before May 5, 2022. We suggest you retain a copy of the shipping label to verify the address of the recipient. If needed, we may ask you to provide this document later.

The item(s) you received must be sent to the following shipping address:

Personal Technology Pty. Ltd.

PO Box 364 Southport BC, QLD 4215 AU

The item(s) must be in the same condition as when you received them and you're responsible for any costs associated with the return. If you're shipping internationally, mark "Returned Cargo" on the outside of the package to avoid tax charges.

What happens next?

Once we’ve confirmed that Personal Technology Pty. Ltd. has received the item(s), we’ll issue the refund and close this case.

It may take up to 5 days for this refund to be reflected on your account. If you paid using a credit or debit card, the money will be refunded to your card. Depending on your card issuer, it can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your card statement, depending on your card issuer's timeframes.

This case will be automatically closed if you don't respond by May 5, 2022.

Thank you for working with us.

PayPal

Tighes
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Tighes »

I’ve never said that KimberDolls have trouble standing, I said they don’t FREE STAND, like pretty much most dolls on the market.

Customer service has been brilliant in every instance I bought one and no, I’ve never returned one, never had too.

KimberDoll is an Australian based company but are sold all over the world, like the UK and USA. Their head office in Australia but I’m sure since they ship out acros the USA, they would have a facility there to return.

Why don’t you speak with Fletcher from KimberDoll on here and sort it out. Must be a good scam if they do that, I’ve never heard of it!!

Cheers

JustDude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustDude »

Tighes wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:22 am I’ve never said that KimberDolls have trouble standing, I said they don’t FREE STAND, like pretty much most dolls on the market.
Jennifer: HOLD MY THONG
Jen6.jpg
Jen6.jpg (5.54 MiB) Viewed 1029 times
:D

AAnderson12
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by AAnderson12 »

As stated, I am no doll expert. I had a certain expectation based upon what I saw on their site, and that expectation turned out to be wrong. I see a product being used in a certain manner by the manufacturer, I assume it can be... right or wrong, thats just how it is. As for reaching out to "Fletcher" - I do not know him, and do not need his help. Paypal made an accommodation for me, and the doll is no longer here. And no, it did NOT go back to Kimber, they "won" the dispute since I did not ship it to Australia, paypal simply took good care of me.

My post was never meant to become all this, it was simply to let the members of the community know what my experience was and what they might expect if it had to be returned.

Bunnyboybob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bunnyboybob »

Well, I got mine to freestand, I did this by leaving the two screws in the front of the footplates, and exchanging the rear screws for two plastic capped ones I had spare from my WM. Had to leave them quite a little way out, but as they are well long, it's no prob. Works a treat. No photos so you'll just have to take my word, or try yourself.
She stands in both, legs fully locked back position, and also, just out of full lock position.
People ask me if I'm all right?
I plainly tell them, "I'm half left, actually."

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Bunnyboybob: I got mine to freestand
Dang, that would heart attack time for me
My apologies if you think I'm impertinent but how long was the doll freestanding?

AAnderson12
Fletcher is the Kimberdoll company man, a bit of a legend around the Kimber section :)

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

So...Free standing or Not? , posable or Not?...I would suggest this depends on her owner and their level of experience (to be PC)...and simply just recommend viewing this topic also

viewtopic.php?t=120237

I reckon that would answer the question :wink:

Or you could ask Psion when he returns from Hogwarts :D

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Link to Fletcher's post :)
viewtopic.php?p=1587267#p1587267

Bunnyboybob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bunnyboybob »

seagull wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:28 am Bunnyboybob: I got mine to freestand
Dang, that would heart attack time for me
My apologies if you think I'm impertinent but how long was the doll freestanding?

AAnderson12
Fletcher is the Kimberdoll company man, a bit of a legend around the Kimber section :)
It was around half an hour, while I was in the same room where I sat in a chair, making adjustments to one of her dresses.
She was purposely poised, to go back against the wall if she did topple. Something I made sure of two or three times before stepping away to my chair, within arm's reach, admittedly.
She didn't all the time I was sewing, till the time I sat her down to slip it back on her (and then ** her) :)
People ask me if I'm all right?
I plainly tell them, "I'm half left, actually."

INFORMATIONS