Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Import advice from those who have imported to EU/Ireland

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

nahmot

Import advice from those who have imported to EU/Ireland

Post by nahmot »

Hi ,

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has imported a realdoll into the EU, or even better Ireland specifically.

I would like to buy a body D and I'm curious about the import/customs side of things , I know very little about the logistics of importing these dolls , eg timeframe , what do I need to to with customs and how do I do it etc.

I've ordered some TPE dolls before but the vendor handles all import duties etc , obviously since there are no realdoll vendors for EU I will have to handle this myself .

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Import advice from those who have imported to EU/Ireland

Post by djcdoll »

nahmot wrote:Hi ,

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has imported a realdoll into the EU, or even better Ireland specifically.

I would like to buy a body D and I'm curious about the import/customs side of things , I know very little about the logistics of importing these dolls , eg timeframe , what do I need to to with customs and how do I do it etc.

I've ordered some TPE dolls before but the vendor handles all import duties etc , obviously since there are no realdoll vendors for EU I will have to handle this myself .

Hi nahmot,

I imported my RealDoll Body F into the UK a couple of years ago, so I'm aware of what's involved when importing into the UK.
Importing into Ireland should be similar.

Firstly, it's a good idea to join ClubRealDoll, which was setup by Abyss Creations specifically for RealDoll information etc.
You'll be able to ask all sorts of questions about RealDolls from owners.
https://clubrealdoll.com/

You mention the Body D, this is a tall and heavy doll. I just want you to be aware of that!!
Also, all the larger dolls are delivered in a large wooden crate. You need to be aware of that too.

The RealDolls are expensive so it's a good idea to wait for when Abyss run one of their sales promotions.
They typically have 20% off sales. This is useful as the saving will help to cover international delivery fees etc.

When you're happy that you want to go ahead, you will order your RealDoll through the Abyss website.
Credit card or Paypal are the usual ways to pay for those of us outside of the USA.

Once your order is accepted and payment goes through, your order will enter a long queue!
You can monitor your order progress via the Abyss order website.
Your order will initially be at "Processing".
Sometimes you can wait many weeks and months in the queue before anything happens.
You can make changes to your order while it's at the "Processing" stage.

The first notification of "progress" is when your RealDoll changes from Processing" to "Creation".
This is when your doll enters the factory production queue and is scheduled to be created shortly.

The next stage is "Makeup Chair".
This stage is when your doll has been created and is in the process of being finished off with makeup etc...

The next stage is "Ready for Pickup" when she moves into the despatch and shipping area of the Abyss factory.
At this point Abyss will contact you to confirm the delivery address.
Then your doll in her crate is handed over to another company called SEKO. who actually handle shipping and delivery.
Abyss will send you the SEKO shipping details and a SEKO tracking number so you can track her progress on the SEKO website.
SEKO will then pick her up from Abyss and her journey to you will begin.

Once your doll arrives in Ireland, or maybe before, SEKO will contact you from the local Irish office to let you know what the next steps are.
You'll probably be given details about import costs and tax/duty etc.
They will also give you details about the costs to deliver your doll to your home address and arrange a day and time for her delivery!
You'll have to pay these costs before your doll will be allowed to leave the airport.

The cost for delivery for my doll (probably costs more now!!):

Customs Clearance: £55.00
Documentation: £ 25.00
Processing: £35.00
Airline Handling: £65.00
Delivery to Home Address: £175.00
Total = £355.00

You also need to pay tax and duty. I had to pay:
VAT @ 20% = £800
Duty = £256.15

I had to pay these costs to SEKO via bank transfer.
Once all payments have been made SEKO will arrange a time for delivery of your doll.
The wooden crate is large and heavy so you may need to have some kind of hand truck or trolley to help get the crate inside your property.
My delivery driver was brilliant and helped me get the crate inside my house.

You can see the delivery of my Dani on her photo thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=89&t=119722

Hope all that helped.
Let me know if you need anymore information. :D

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

Hi djcdoll :)

Many thanks for posting that - extremely useful and helpful.

Best wishes
PD
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

nahmot

Post by nahmot »

Hi djcdol,

Thank you for such a detailed reply , you have really answered alot of questions for me with your response. I was struggling to find out info about what happens once the doll leaves the factory.

I've seen the shots of your body F and I love your youtube videos, they have really cemented in my mind that I want a realdoll next.

Thanks again

Darkangel65
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Darkangel65 »

Thank you for posting this detailed response..

Really informative...I will properly buy a petite real doll in future which is in a cardboard
Box..are you aware of any problems with this?
Dark
NIK GUERRA: A true artist and Retro glamour lover...please google his work featuring Magenta

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

Darkangel65 wrote:Thank you for posting this detailed response..

Really informative...I will properly buy a petite real doll in future which is in a cardboard
Box..are you aware of any problems with this?
Dark
I think all of the RealDolls are now dispatched in the wooden crates, even the petite ones.
You could always check with Abyss. :D

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Yes, all RealDolls are dispached in wooden crates now.
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

nahmot

Post by nahmot »

djcdoll wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:20 am
nahmot wrote:Hi ,

Hi nahmot,

I imported my RealDoll Body F into the UK a couple of years ago, so I'm aware of what's involved when importing into the UK.
Importing into Ireland should be similar.

Firstly, it's a good idea to join ClubRealDoll, which was setup by Abyss Creations specifically for RealDoll information etc.
You'll be able to ask all sorts of questions about RealDolls from owners.
https://clubrealdoll.com/

You mention the Body D, this is a tall and heavy doll. I just want you to be aware of that!!
Also, all the larger dolls are delivered in a large wooden crate. You need to be aware of that too.

The RealDolls are expensive so it's a good idea to wait for when Abyss run one of their sales promotions.
They typically have 20% off sales. This is useful as the saving will help to cover international delivery fees etc.

When you're happy that you want to go ahead, you will order your RealDoll through the Abyss website.
Credit card or Paypal are the usual ways to pay for those of us outside of the USA.

Once your order is accepted and payment goes through, your order will enter a long queue!
You can monitor your order progress via the Abyss order website.
Your order will initially be at "Processing".
Sometimes you can wait many weeks and months in the queue before anything happens.
You can make changes to your order while it's at the "Processing" stage.

The first notification of "progress" is when your RealDoll changes from Processing" to "Creation".
This is when your doll enters the factory production queue and is scheduled to be created shortly.

The next stage is "Makeup Chair".
This stage is when your doll has been created and is in the process of being finished off with makeup etc...

The next stage is "Ready for Pickup" when she moves into the despatch and shipping area of the Abyss factory.
At this point Abyss will contact you to confirm the delivery address.
Then your doll in her crate is handed over to another company called SEKO. who actually handle shipping and delivery.
Abyss will send you the SEKO shipping details and a SEKO tracking number so you can track her progress on the SEKO website.
SEKO will then pick her up from Abyss and her journey to you will begin.

Once your doll arrives in Ireland, or maybe before, SEKO will contact you from the local Irish office to let you know what the next steps are.
You'll probably be given details about import costs and tax/duty etc.
They will also give you details about the costs to deliver your doll to your home address and arrange a day and time for her delivery!
You'll have to pay these costs before your doll will be allowed to leave the airport.

The cost for delivery for my doll (probably costs more now!!):

Customs Clearance: £55.00
Documentation: £ 25.00
Processing: £35.00
Airline Handling: £65.00
Delivery to Home Address: £175.00
Total = £355.00

You also need to pay tax and duty. I had to pay:
VAT @ 20% = £800
Duty = £256.15

I had to pay these costs to SEKO via bank transfer.
Once all payments have been made SEKO will arrange a time for delivery of your doll.
The wooden crate is large and heavy so you may need to have some kind of hand truck or trolley to help get the crate inside your property.
My delivery driver was brilliant and helped me get the crate inside my house.

You can see the delivery of my Dani on her photo thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=89&t=119722

Hope all that helped.
Let me know if you need anymore information. :D
I just wanted to respond once more to thank you once again for your very detailed response , I went ahead and purchased a body D this year. if it were not for your response I may have never pulled the trigger. Now the long wait begins !

INFORMATIONS