www.wmdolls.com

Why does a few extra kg matter so much?

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Wiqqah
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Why does a few extra kg matter so much?

Post by Wiqqah »

I am before buying my first doll. I decided that it will be WM. The thing is, I like the 172D the most.

People tell all the time that the extra weight is a big issue. I checked the weights of different body types from 158 cm which is the minimum height I would consider appealing and I found out that they vary between 33 and 39kg. A good 164-166cm is around 34kg according to the seller. This is not a huge difference, is it? There are ligher ones at this height, but they are too thin for my taste. I would go for a good C-cup or D-cup with not overly thin hips and arms and legs.

The problem is, I am not quite big and strong with my 65kg. I started to train not long ago because I wanted to be more muscular anyways, but the weight of these dolls may probably cause more issue for me than for others, especially for the first doll. But I still don't really understand the main point of this, if 38kg is too much then 33kg is also too much. On the other hand, if someone can handle 33kg, then 38kg isn't much worse, is it?

For me the bigger ones are the more appealing and I would only choose a smaller beauty if the weight really matters that much. Otherwise I would take that extra load. What do you recommend?

MrGeeGee

Re: Why does a few extra kg matter so much?

Post by MrGeeGee »

I got a 166C and it's a great buy...haven't weighed her but I think 33kg has been touted. Here's the thing, yes it is tempting to just get the most visually pleasing doll irrespective of weight BUT you have to live with her. This means moving her into and from different positions on an ongoing basis...and this adds up. There are times when I think I won't move my doll just because of the effort, and I'm not the biggest guy (5'11 and around 83kg) but I do goto the gym and throw around far more weight than Mr Average.

Each to their own but I don't really "get" the dolls with thick legs and rears....I mean most real women are like that now lol !! (joke)

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

It has more to do with the placement of the weight. If most of the weight is on the bottom half of the doll, she is going to feel more heavy. If you want a big doll, then get one. All of my dolls are big and I wouldn't have it any other way. You will figure out how to move her around. Its a big purchase, get what is going to make you happy!
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!

bigchilli
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by bigchilli »

The extra weight makes a huge difference! A 33kg and 38kg doll are miles apart
My new 162E is only a few kg's heavier than my 166c's but she feels considerably more,after messing with her all week my 166's feel light as a feather :lol:

It's hard to explain until you actually get your first doll and experience it yourself
She's soft and squishy,her weight shifts about very quickly and easily,she's also fragile

Personally I wouldn't recommend a doll that heavy for a first doll,others will tell you to go for it,you'll manage...

I could 'manage' a 50kg doll but it wouldn't be fun
And you want enjoyment out of her,right?

It depends what you want her for...
Mostly play,I would say go lighter

I hope this hasn't disheartened you,the 172D is a stunning doll

I've owned 7 dolls in total and I know 100% if my first was 40+kg my foray into dolls would have ended right there :roll:

Hopefully others from both sides of the argument will chime in

Wiqqah
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Wiqqah »

Thanks for the replies. This is a big dilemma. I have been thinking how I would take this heavy package up the stairs in the house when it arrives. Ok, hopefully I am not that weak. :lol:

I've also read that not every WM body type came out as high quality, and I don't really know if I pick a good or a bad one based on only the height and cup size. If anyone can bring me closer to a decision, I would highly appreciate it.

For example this 158C looks quite OK on the pictures and that's the smallest and lightest I would go for.

Leaf

Post by Leaf »

I'm in my late 30's, 160cm tall and I weight 62kg right now (I really need to lose some weight, that's not all muscle!).
I'm not a bodybuilder either. If you can do at least ten clean bodyweight push-ups, you're about as strong and enduring as me right now, and if not you can train up to that point easily while she's being made and delivered.
I got a 158cm A-cup that weights 40kg (like WM 162B for example, that's just my type) as my first doll simply because I like realistic waists and carrying her around indeed isn't that big of a problem for me. Weight distribution on realistic shaped dolls makes bridal carry a breeze. Didn't even get sore so far. No regrets, having LOTS of fun!
You just have to be aware what you're getting and consider it. I wouldn't be remotely as happy with a doll with different proportions, and I love feeling her weight in bed next to me..

The gals on this forum are getting heavier, larger-than-them male dolls despite a theoretical strength disadvantage due to gender, and they still manage to handle that too. That has been hugely inspirational for me.

If people have any back issues tho, this is still a helluvalot of weight. Many of the people here who really have to discuss weight are older or have back issues, and they wanna be happy too, so that's an important topic for them. It's also a lot of weight to throw around in bed. It's also a lot of weight to pose for photography in case you wanna get standing feet. Any photoshoot is a pretty heavy-sweating inducing project. If you get a standing doll with tight joints, those hip joints have to be very tight to hold poses with all that weight, and you need to be strong enough to bend them. Moving hip joints tightened to easily take way more than 40kg of weight through soft TPE that wants to evade my hands' grip is actually way more difficult for me than carrying her.

Hence I would support people in general if they warn about weight since depending on what you want to do with her, even if strong enough, the heavy lifting required to change positions may simply turn you off, especially when you come home tired from hard physical work.
But if you're middle-aged and remotely healthy, a 40kg doll should not be a problem, or you'll have to face the shame of getting out-lifted by people very likely to be much smaller than you. The bigger stronger dudes here get dolls with 100cm+ hips and H-cups weighting 60kg+, and they can deal with that too. They'll still rightfully tell you that it's *heavy*, but they still won't get a doll they really don't want due to that factor.
If a heavier doll is just what you want and you don't find another attractive and are healthy, I'd say just go for it. It's simply a choice with consequences that you have to take consciously.

Wiqqah
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Wiqqah »

Leaf wrote:I'm in my late 30's, 160cm tall and I weight 62kg right now (I really need to lose some weight, that's not all muscle!).
I'm not a bodybuilder either. If you can do at least ten clean bodyweight push-ups, you're about as strong and enduring as me right now, and if not you can train up to that point easily while she's being made and delivered.
I got a 158cm A-cup that weights 40kg (like WM 162B for example, that's just my type) as my first doll simply because I like realistic waists and carrying her around indeed isn't that big of a problem for me. Weight distribution on realistic shaped dolls makes bridal carry a breeze. Didn't even get sore so far. No regrets, having LOTS of fun!
You just have to be aware what you're getting and consider it. I wouldn't be remotely as happy with a doll with different proportions, and I love feeling her weight in bed next to me..

The gals on this forum are getting heavier, larger-than-them male dolls despite a theoretical strength disadvantage due to gender, and they still manage to handle that too. That has been hugely inspirational for me.

If people have any back issues tho, this is still a helluvalot of weight. Many of the people here who really have to discuss weight are older or have back issues, and they wanna be happy too, so that's an important topic for them. It's also a lot of weight to throw around in bed. It's also a lot of weight to pose for photography in case you wanna get standing feet. Any photoshoot is a pretty heavy-sweating inducing project. If you get a standing doll with tight joints, those hip joints have to be very tight to hold poses with all that weight, and you need to be strong enough to bend them. Moving hip joints tightened to easily take way more than 40kg of weight through soft TPE that wants to evade my hands' grip is actually way more difficult for me than carrying her.

Hence I would support people in general if they warn about weight since depending on what you want to do with her, even if strong enough, the heavy lifting required to change positions may simply turn you off, especially when you come home tired from hard physical work.
But if you're middle-aged and remotely healthy, a 40kg doll should not be a problem, or you'll have to face the shame of getting out-lifted by people very likely to be much smaller than you. The bigger stronger dudes here get dolls with 100cm+ hips and H-cups weighting 60kg+, and they can deal with that too. They'll still rightfully tell you that it's *heavy*, but they still won't get a doll they really don't want due to that factor.
If a heavier doll is just what you want and you don't find another attractive and are healthy, I'd say just go for it. It's simply a choice with consequences that you have to take consciously.
I am 27 years old, I don't have any back problems or any other limiting factor, I am just slightly underweight and need to build some muscle, that's it.

However, I am not interested in taking photos, she would not just stand, she would move a lot...

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

Bear in mind that the doll is awkward to lift. The weight distribution is not ideal (like a barbell). It's one thing to lift 35kg when it's a compact weight close to the body and being lifted in a smooth motion. It's a completely different thing to lift that weight when it's bulky, over 150cm long, with uneven weight distribution and moving parts.

A simple test is to get say 10kg and lift it with your arms close to your body, elbows tucked against your chest (curls). It's pretty easy right? Now try exactly the same weight with your arms extended a bit so your elbows are six or 12 inches away from your chest. It's a damned sight harder. That's what dolls are like.

And yes, once you get a doll into a good carrying position it's not difficult to carry around. The problem is getting it from prone on the bed, or in a chair, or from a bath tub, or on the floor up into that "comfortable" carrying position in the first place.

That said, the more you exercise (and that includes lifting the doll) the stronger you'll get and the easier it will become. I personally got a WM166C which is about 33kg (or thereabouts) and it wasn't too bad to move around. But i've since wrecked my shoulder and the weight is just too much when it's in that awkward shape.

bigchilli
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by bigchilli »

I'm 39,188cm,250lbs and consider myself strong
It's not just about weight,I can carry my girls around with one arm,I can bicep curl Mia easily for reps

It's about fun,she's a sex doll after all
I can do any position with Mia(166c) I can have her on top 69-ing then change to cowgirl,then reverse cowgirl
I can literally throw her around,and that's a good thing

The other week I had Cici(166c) sitting on my face whilst Mia f**ked me cowgirl
I simply couldn't do that with heavier dolls

They're manageable but way less fun

Leaf made a good point about joint stiffness
My new 162E is in that phase,trying to adjust her hips etc mid f**k can be a real pain in the ass!
I'm actually sore today from posing her yesterday :(

Heavy dolls,stiff joints and first time owners(not always) often result in the doll appearing in the sales section on here

'used a couple of times,looking for something lighter' is a familiar sight

Leaf

Post by Leaf »

My doll's purpose is primarily companion/cuddling (lying in bed or sitting on the sofa looking good and being cuddly), secondary sex (but I'm not the kind of guy who needs to go through twenty kama sutra positions on every session, she turns me on purely on sight and by touch and all she needs to be then is accessible in some way, not moving much...), with photography as a bonus.

So for my laundry list of priorities, movement was very unimportant because she can fulfill her primary purpose of looking pretty and being cuddly while basically just lying or sitting on a soft place, and carrying her from bed to sofa and vice versa turned out to be very easy.
That means low weight wasn't that important of a factor for me in first place, because she'd still have fulfilled her primary purpose without moving at all, but a somewhat realistic weight is actually beneficial for her purpose, so I can feel her presence by the bump in the matttress, adding tremendously to her physical presence and hence my joy.

This is super individual though and you need to know how much and where you want to move her, and in what state you're going to be.
Photogaphy for example means moving her around and posing her a helluvalot for each shoot. More weight makes that significantly harder, but for photography, you at least have time for all that and don't need to stay aroused to achieve the goal.

If you're the kind of guy who wants to go through half the kama sutra every time during sex, a big weight could be a huge turnoff, because you have to interrupt your intercourse for some very difficult posing, during which you might lose your sex drive alltogether and become exhausted, so that's an even more problematic situation.
When researching I've read from a lot of guys who just wanted diverse sex positions disappointedly selling their dolls due to the unexpected effort of posing them turning them off during the act.

You need to know how much you're moving her and for what purpose, and the more important movement is and the more time- and strength-critical the movement you need is, the bigger a difference every single kilogram will make.

Just for reference even if you don't have your own set of dumbbells to test (highly recommended if you can afford it in either case btw!) , watch this video of a burly US Marine and an equally burly SWAT operator competing to carry a mere 50 pound sandbag up a hill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QjlQ9BnEFk
That's half the weight of a doll, and they're both utterly wrecked after a short distance. That's why it's even a consideration for the really big bigchili when it's about fun sex, and it's even heavier for less fit people like us. At 66% of my bodyweight, I can't even roll her on top of me in bed because I don't have enough leverage on a soft mattress (my body wants to roll on top of her just as much when I exert force. The weights are too close together). At 50% of my bodyweight, that would work out. Those few kilos do make a difference.
Short bursts like from sofa to bed and vice versa: No problem. Posing when you have time to just let her lie and breathe in between: Difficult, but doable.
Sustained movement of 90lbs with little to no rest between: Absolute madness at our strength level.

I'm happy because I had my priorities sorted out and weight wasn't important to happiness. Others end up unhappy and in the sales forum. That's why it depends so much on what you're planning to do.

bigchilli
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by bigchilli »

I never said I was fit :haha4:

Leaf

Post by Leaf »

True. But you're strong. :D I don't consider myself weak, but I'm not strong either. And for some movements between two bodies, pure bodymass difference helps a lot as well. Even if we both were at peak strength, you could easily throw someone like me around, but I couldn't throw you anywhere. :haha4:

Wiqqah
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Wiqqah »

How do I know which bodytype has stiffer joints than others?

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Wiqqah wrote:How do I know which bodytype has stiffer joints than others?
Often there's the option to ask for loose, standard or more tight joints. If it's not on the order form, just ask about it.

GotDolls

Post by GotDolls »

OP: because weight *is* a big issue. You'll see post after post after post in the For Sale section saying "doll hardly used, I had no idea how heavy she was going to be and I just can't", and they can be down often over £1K, which is a heck of an expensive way to find out how heavy 5kg can be. Being able to bench press a Chevy with your little finger in gym conditions is massively different from trying to wrestle a 40kg octopus at home.

So the general wisdom is to go for a lighter doll in the first instance, like a 29kg Kimber for £400, then you'll know one way or another without being too much out of pocket. Then if she's too much you could *give* her away and be better off than the £1K+ bunch and you'll know to go for a lighter doll next time (plush instead of rubber); on the other hand if you can throw Kimber's 29kg around the bedroom with no problem then you'll probably be OK with something a bit heavier.

I can lift 65kg in a gym, but there's no way I'd go heavier than a 40kg doll. In fact I'm expecting my next doll to be considerably lighter, when the time comes. I had a Kimber, then upgraded to a WM172D, but I think I'd have freaked right out if I'd got the WM first. You can learn a lot from a lighter doll without hurting yourself too much when the inevitable mistakes occur.

INFORMATIONS