www.the-doll-house.com

Case for seizure

The-Doll-House is a UK retailer of Premium quality, photorealistic, kinaesthetically convincing, high-end, luxury Silicone and TPE Sex/Love dolls, delivered to all Continents. All responsibility for EU Import Duty and Customs & Excise costs are assumed by The-Doll-House. No hidden costs incurred with purchases from The-Doll-House. Some of the best UK Sex Doll prices can be found at The-Doll-House. We are waiting for you!
Mr_RubberLubber

Re: Case for seizure

Post by Mr_RubberLubber »

JackieDoll+44 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:54 am I had recently ordered a 140 cm Ariel from Silicone is going through slow shipping to the UK. Are there less risks posed compared to express delivery that requires the package to be scanned at airports?
There are risks either way. Just so you know, that doll is considered to be illegal in the UK. I don't want to scare you unnecessarily, but if customs search it there is a high probability that they will seize and destroy it, and maybe even prosecute.
You might get lucky and it gets through, but its a big risk.

When you say you ordered from "Silicone" - who is that? Is that the name of a vendor?

JackieDoll+44
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by JackieDoll+44 »

Mr_RubberLubber wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:32 am
JackieDoll+44 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:54 am I had recently ordered a 140 cm Ariel from Silicone is going through slow shipping to the UK. Are there less risks posed compared to express delivery that requires the package to be scanned at airports?
There are risks either way. Just so you know, that doll is considered to be illegal in the UK. I don't want to scare you unnecessarily, but if customs search it there is a high probability that they will seize and destroy it, and maybe even prosecute.

When you say you ordered from "Silicone" - who is that? Is that the name of a vendor?
Silicone Lovers. Shit well, that's my life done for just from one silly mistake.

Mr_RubberLubber

JackieDoll+44 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:00 pm

Silicone Lovers. Shit well, that's my life done for just from one silly mistake.
Don't panic. Silicone Lovers are a respectable vendor, so if they ok'd this sale to you knowing that you live in the UK then perhaps they've had success getting this doll through customs in the past(?). You never know. Although, to be honest, I'm surprised they didn't warn you before you made the purchase - they warned me when I tried to order a 148cm doll. Best thing to do is to speak to the SL sales team about your concerns with the UK legal situation and see what they say.

Also, the UK law is not very well defined and is somewhat open to interpretation, so theres a chance that if the doll is inspected that the Border Force officer might just allow it through anyway, depending on who looks at it and how they interpret the rules. Or it might not even be inspected at all - they can't check everything. On the positive side, the doll has adult proportions (ie large breasts, adults hips etc, which are not "childlike") so its just mostly the height that is the issue. But as you've probably seen from Phil's (of The Doll House) tangle with the law in this thread, Border Force generally consider anything shorter than 148-150cm to be "childlike and obscene" and the young appearance of Piper doll faces doesn't help.

Also, don't forget that its Silicone Lovers who are importing this doll, usually under their name - not yours. You are the buyer, but if I recall correctly SL should keep your name off all import and customs records as it comes into their UK warehouse, before they then send it on to you (unless its being shipped direct from China to your door?). So they may well take on all legal responsibility in the event of a seizure - which is what a good vendor does. This is why you were right to use a respected UK vendor (This is what I've understood from previous conversations with them - although I'm not sure how well this works in practice).

JackieDoll+44
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by JackieDoll+44 »

Mr_RubberLubber wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:00 am

Don't panic. Silicone Lovers are a respectable vendor, so if they ok'd this sale to you knowing that you live in the UK then perhaps they've had success getting this doll through customs in the past(?). You never know. Although, to be honest, I'm surprised they didn't warn you before you made the purchase - they warned me when I tried to order a 148cm doll. Best thing to do is to speak to the SL sales team about your concerns with the UK legal situation and see what they say.

Also, the UK law is not very well defined and is somewhat open to interpretation, so theres a chance that if the doll is inspected that the Border Force officer might just allow it through anyway, depending on who looks at it and how they interpret the rules. Or it might not even be inspected at all - they can't check everything. On the positive side, the doll has adult proportions (ie large breasts, adults hips etc, which are not "childlike") so its just mostly the height that is the issue. But as you've probably seen from Phil's (of The Doll House) tangle with the law in this thread, Border Force generally consider anything shorter than 148-150cm to be "childlike and obscene" and the young appearance of Piper doll faces doesn't help.

Also, don't forget that its Silicone Lovers who are importing this doll, usually under their name - not yours. You are the buyer, but if I recall correctly SL should keep your name off all import and customs records as it comes into their UK warehouse, before they then send it on to you (unless its being shipped direct from China to your door?). So they may well take on all legal responsibility in the event of a seizure - which is what a good vendor does. This is why you were right to use a respected UK vendor (This is what I've understood from previous conversations with them - although I'm not sure how well this works in practice).
Thank you for taking your time to write this. I am more reassured now that I know. Yeah SL said that Ariel 140cm was fine for the UK and that they have helped me secure Customs Clearance as well (which Phil I personally contacted and he said would reduce the risks overall). Regarding the direct shipping, they haven't mentioned anything about it so I assume it's gonna go to their warehouse first before UPS picks it up and sends it to me.

Hunt the Shunt
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Hunt the Shunt »

JackieDoll+44 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:37 am Yeah SL said that Ariel 140cm was fine for the UK and that they have helped me secure Customs Clearance as well (which Phil I personally contacted and he said would reduce the risks overall). Regarding the direct shipping, they haven't mentioned anything about it so I assume it's gonna go to their warehouse first before UPS picks it up and sends it to me.
Hello JackieDoll,

Something seems wrong here. I enquired about an Ariel 150 silicone with silicone lovers a couple of years ago, and they wouldn't do it.

I don't see how Silicone Lovers can sell Ariel 140 to a UK customer, because she's well under 148cm (the legal minimum height for importing a sex doll to the UK.) Ariel 140 is more like 135cm. Sounds like someone at SL has made a mistake.

I hope she doesn't get inspected and it all works out well for you.
:glou:
HtS

Mr_RubberLubber

JackieDoll+44 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:37 am
Mr_RubberLubber wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:00 am

Thank you for taking your time to write this. I am more reassured now that I know. Yeah SL said that Ariel 140cm was fine for the UK and that they have helped me secure Customs Clearance as well (which Phil I personally contacted and he said would reduce the risks overall). Regarding the direct shipping, they haven't mentioned anything about it so I assume it's gonna go to their warehouse first before UPS picks it up and sends it to me.
I'm glad you're feeling a bit better about the situation. I still think it was irreponsible of them to sell you that particular doll considering the laws in the UK, but if they stick to standard practice and act as the importers themselves then even if it gets seized (and it still easily could be - so be prepared to lose it) the legal burden should hopefully fall on them and not you. Good luck!
Hunt the Shunt wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:46 am Something seems wrong here. I enquired about an Ariel 150 silicone with silicone lovers a couple of years ago, and they wouldn't do it.

I don't see how Silicone Lovers can sell Ariel 140 to a UK customer, because she's well under 148cm (the legal minimum height for importing a sex doll to the UK.) Ariel 140 is more like 135cm. Sounds like someone at SL has made a mistake.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I hope they aren't taking greater risks due to falling sales or anything.

JackieDoll+44
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by JackieDoll+44 »

Hunt the Shunt wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:46 am
JackieDoll+44 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:37 am Yeah SL said that Ariel 140cm was fine for the UK and that they have helped me secure Customs Clearance as well (which Phil I personally contacted and he said would reduce the risks overall). Regarding the direct shipping, they haven't mentioned anything about it so I assume it's gonna go to their warehouse first before UPS picks it up and sends it to me.
Hello JackieDoll,

Something seems wrong here. I enquired about an Ariel 150 silicone with silicone lovers a couple of years ago, and they wouldn't do it.

HtS
Dang a couple of years ago as well. Something is off with SL then cuz it wasn't until 2019 when the situation with dolls in the UK escalated with a few prosecutions and mass seizures. Well, if something does go wrong, Phil said he has my back so I trust him nonetheless. I will keep you guys updated.

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

Well done Phil. Reading this story was uplifting. This little island feels a little less uncomfortable - you are now my vendor for life. In fact, this Akira 150cm doll is calling my name!
Perception - "We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." Anais Nin

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

LoversJD
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by LoversJD »

JackieDoll+44 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:38 pm
Hunt the Shunt wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:46 am
Hello JackieDoll,

HtS
Dang a couple of years ago as well. Something is off with SL then cuz it wasn't until 2019 when the situation with dolls in the UK escalated with a few prosecutions and mass seizures. Well, if something does go wrong, Phil said he has my back so I trust him nonetheless. I will keep you guys updated.
Erm this is so contradictory. SL told me, in conclusion to my order for a 140, that they don't stock 140s in the UK. I did get mixed signals - someone mentioned an Ariel being sent, so I was told my order for the 140 should be fine. Then the final decision was made by the UK warehouse representative and he said no.

I don't want to name people, but I do have some of the chat transcripts. Let us know what happens. My experience with SL has been strange and confusing so far.

I hope your doll went through! Only buy from UK stock in the future man. Let us know what happens.
Perception - "We don't see things as they are. We see them as we are." Anais Nin

XYDoll Monika 148cm -

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

Somehow I missed this thread before. I'd love to know the rationale behind why they didn't award costs (assuming the judge mentioned it). And I'd love to know whether borderforce (or the police who actually destroyed the doll) reimbursed the cost of the doll itself.

The-Doll-House
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by The-Doll-House »

Hi,

The court said that the police/BF should reimburse me for the costs of the destroyed doll, but they just ignored that.
I didn't want another court case, but I may be able to take them to small claims court for free over this.
Kind Regards,

Phil

The-Doll-House
https://www.the-doll-house.com
Buy Sex Dolls, Beautiful Full-Size & Fully Move-able, Just For You!

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Wow! UK justice, the people with the weapons do whatever they wanna :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:

chippyminton

Post by chippyminton »

The-Doll-House wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:12 pm Hi,

The court said that the police/BF should reimburse me for the costs of the destroyed doll, but they just ignored that.
I didn't want another court case, but I may be able to take them to small claims court for free over this.
I take your point Phil - but taking a case to the SCC isn't free. It's not the 'free justice for the ordinary man' it's cracked up to be. There are court fees and other charges to be met - typically £115 for a doll costing between £1500 and £3k, plus a £40 court allocation fee, plus a hearing fee of up to £335. If you're successful, you'll get it all back. If you're not, you'll take a hit on the lot, plus you'll be liable to pay all of these costs for the defendant. You'll also need to spend time and effort preparing a detailed Witness Statement detailing the whole, warts-and-all debacle which will also cost you time and effort. The general rule of thumb with SCC claims is don't bother. Take the hit if you can afford to do so.

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

Thanks for the update. If you do take it to small claims, good luck. It'd be great to see you win purely to make the point that they can't get away with this nonsense.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

The-Doll-House wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:12 pm Hi,

I'm not sure how it works in the UK, but on this side of the pond it is generally quite simple.
Typically you can petition the court to enforce its payment judgment, and not have to go small claims court.
This was the result of a criminal matter, not a civil one (like a contract dispute).

Most judges move on after a case is complete and are not aware if one party ignores their payment order.
However, once informed the judge usually takes it quite seriously.
Judges everywhere take great offense if someone "thumbs their nose" at them and get cranky.

Hope it offers an avenue for funds recovery.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

INFORMATIONS