www.wmdolls.com

Has anyone noticed...

All forms of mannequins that were not originally sold as love dolls. Mannequins that have been modified for sex should also be included here.
phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Has anyone noticed...

Post by phillip57 »

I have noticed a tendency for malls to switch over to faceless/headless mannequins in their displays. It's such a disappointment, I used to love walking in the mall and checking out the displays. I have to wonder why?

Phil

MX-V
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Has anyone noticed...

Post by MX-V »

Well Phillip,
I'm probably one of the ones to be blamed for that.
My first crush was on a mannequin. I was a wee lad.
That was when mannequins were hot.
Growing up in somewhat normal human relationships,
I was caught looking one too many times.
Most likely licking my lips.

I noticed the same thing. I think many have been caught looking a little too long.
I love the smell of TPE in the morning...

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by phillip57 »

I used to stop and stare as a child. As an adult I never stopped, just admired as I walked and passed them by.

Phil
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 12.44.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 12.44.05 PM.png (336.98 KiB) Viewed 3510 times

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

phillip57 wrote:I have noticed a tendency for malls to switch over to faceless/headless mannequins in their displays. It's such a disappointment, I used to love walking in the mall and checking out the displays. I have to wonder why?

Phil
Yep, just not the same going shopping anymore. :cry:

I think the rationale behind it is one cost and the other wanting to highlight the clothes rather than the mannequin wearing it. Disappointing though. I think ogling mannequins as a lad is where I first started to truly love dolls.

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by phillip57 »

Mr Franz wrote:
phillip57 wrote:I have noticed a tendency for malls to switch over to faceless/headless mannequins in their displays. It's such a disappointment, I used to love walking in the mall and checking out the displays. I have to wonder why?

Phil

I think ogling mannequins as a lad is where I first started to truly love dolls.
Yes, same here.

Brunch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Brunch »

I believe it has something to do with diversity and the equality between races, ethnic backgrounds, different skin tones and origins.

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by phillip57 »

Brunch wrote:I believe it has something to do with diversity and the equality between races, ethnic backgrounds, different skin tones and origins.
I see you're really thinking about this. I would as soon see an equal racial, ethnic diversity of mannequins rather than de-humanizing and sterilizing them.

Phil
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 2.38.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 2.38.12 PM.png (423.56 KiB) Viewed 3368 times

Brunch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Brunch »

phillip57 wrote:
Brunch wrote:I believe it has something to do with diversity and the equality between races, ethnic backgrounds, different skin tones and origins.
I see you're really thinking about this. I would as soon see an equal racial, ethnic diversity of mannequins rather than de-humanizing and sterilizing them.

Phil
Yeah, I agree! But the next thing could then be consideration for non-model looking people, fat looking, disabled and/or outright ugly people not to be discriminated in public with those extraordinary beautiful model faces setting the standard for what beauty is well knowing that beauty comes from within. :wink:

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by phillip57 »

That's all very good, but I have to wonder if people of streotypically un-good looks would want to see an unattractive mannequin? Doesn't everybody like idealized physical beauty?

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Not to disagree with anyone here, but I tend to think this is mainly just a matter of current artistic style & product presentation for a business than anything else.

We have to remember that the mainstream purpose for mannequins is to display clothing.
Having a non detailed, non color type of display, such as black, white or gray, will tend to shift the attention to the clothing colors and textures rather than to the appearance of the model.

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by phillip57 »

MannequinFan wrote:Not to disagree with anyone here, but I tend to think this is mainly just a matter of current artistic style & product presentation for a business than anything else.

We have to remember that the mainstream purpose for mannequins is to display clothing.
Having a non detailed, non color type of display, such as black, white or gray, will tend to shift the attention to the clothing colors and textures rather than to the appearance of the model.

That's one way of lookin at it. A beautiful model has the clothing look better as well. Neither is "true," it's just a matter of opinion.

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by phillip57 »

phillip57 wrote:
MannequinFan wrote:Not to disagree with anyone here, but I tend to think this is mainly just a matter of current artistic style & product presentation for a business than anything else.

That's one way of lookin at it. A beautiful model has the clothing look better as well. Neither is "true," it's just a matter of opinion. They could have models without clothes in the window, I wouldn't mind.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 11.49.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 11.49.02 AM.png (138.23 KiB) Viewed 3077 times

Brunch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Brunch »

segregation.jpg
segregation.jpg (445.75 KiB) Viewed 3056 times

James1fun

Post by James1fun »

NICE

pokitom

Post by pokitom »

ive heard the same thing of mannequins as sex dolls in general, "offensive, sexist unrealistic representations of women" and "mannequins do not realistically depict women".

INFORMATIONS