sanhuiofficial.com

Nymeria - A Custom Sanhui 161 Drow/Dark Elf

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Nymeria - A Custom Sanhui 161 Drow/Dark Elf

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:19 pm As someone who has put dolls in faux leather pants a few times, I can say it's really not that bad even when they're really tight - but always put pantyhose underneath or you won't get them on at all! Clothes that tight and leathery won't slide on silicone without something to protect the silicone, but once in pantyhose they'll glide on no problem. Lydia's armour outfit has faux leather pants and bodysuit underneath- at some point I'll photograph it... for science 😂👌

Nymeria wears a lot of dresses and skirts - or basically anything a self respecting drow would wear. Not usually anything overly sexy, and fairly presentable. I mean, she has no shame whatsoever, but it's cold enough that she has to wear something!

I use a photography backdrop for some of my photos (the ones with the black backgrounds) - basically a set of metal poles that hold up a big black sheet. You can get ones printed with bricks and things so it might be worth looking into photography backdrops. It's probably something I'd like to look at more in the future myself. I sort of wanted to see about getting a cathedral looking one for Lydia actually, but it'll have to wait for now. Would be nice to get Nymeria a dark underdark cave one - so she could feel at home!

Two weeks already - you might even be half way - at least until factory photos appear! I'm sure production is well underway by now, especially as you chose the colour.
Yes, pantyhose is something I plan on getting in the same purchase as the bra. At least one pair of the cheapest I can find simply for this purpose since you recommended it earlier.

You should! I love science!

I'll definitely be purchasing more skirts and dresses. I started looking for a little black dress for her first outfit and ended up with not that, so that's probably where I'll start looking again in the future.

Well, my idea with the fabric was to essentially 'wallpaper' my bedroom with it. Because who wouldn't want to sleep in a castle! The benefits of the fabric would be that it would be easy to remove if I move, and the fabric could be moved to another room quickly and easily. I had thought about a backdrop for use in the livingroom but depending on pricing it might be a viable option for the bedroom too. Cloth would be better for draping out of the way of the closet door, but solutions can be found! The first published shoot is currently slated for the diningroom and I need to do something about the wall hangings. It's nothing too personal, but recognizable enough that I'm not comfortable displaying it to the general public. Sheets are an easy solution until I invest in something better, or it could be blurred out in post.

I like the way you think! I might be! :D I've only paid a downpayment invoice so far, though. I have no idea where in the process the remaining amount will be asked for so I can't use that as a benchmark. My poor credit card has been getting quite the workout this month!
Image Proud servant of Arachne Baenre, the drow elf.

Follow us on Twitter!

The Adventures of Arachne Baenre (Story thread)
Arachne the Domesticated Drow (Non-Story thread)
The True North Clan (Mini thread)
0013 Modifying and Maker thread

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:19 pm Two weeks already - you might even be half way - at least until factory photos appear! I'm sure production is well underway by now, especially as you chose the colour.
Apparently I'm not half way. We're past that! I woke up this morning to a couple photos and a video clip in my inbox.

Mike the Drow Hunter has come through and has captured her body... No, the RP analogy is falling apart here. lol. The body is done, but not the head. She's looking incredible! Very shiny, too. I'm guessing she hasn't been powdered yet. She's stunning! Absolutely stunning! I can't wait to see her face! Mike says she should be done within a week, which probably means she'll be here within two.

Excitement levels are off the charts. Panic levels are close behind because there's still so much to do! I probably spent an hour last night looking at pantyhose and still haven't picked one, let alone ordered it.

:D :D :D :D :D

Follow us on Twitter!

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:15 am
Willendorph wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:19 pm Two weeks already - you might even be half way - at least until factory photos appear! I'm sure production is well underway by now, especially as you chose the colour.
Apparently I'm not half way. We're past that! I woke up this morning to a couple photos and a video clip in my inbox.

Mike the Drow Hunter has come through and has captured her body... No, the RP analogy is falling apart here. lol. The body is done, but not the head. She's looking incredible! Very shiny, too. I'm guessing she hasn't been powdered yet. She's stunning! Absolutely stunning! I can't wait to see her face! Mike says she should be done within a week, which probably means she'll be here within two.

Excitement levels are off the charts. Panic levels are close behind because there's still so much to do! I probably spent an hour last night looking at pantyhose and still haven't picked one, let alone ordered it.

:D :D :D :D :D
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍🎁🎁🎁🎁👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍🚀🚀🚀💥💥🚀🚀🚀💥💥💥🚀🚀

Awesome stuff! I'll reply properly later, but congratulations! Are the body photos to show you the final colour? Makeup and stuff will still need doing, but she now exists - it's official!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:19 am
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍🎁🎁🎁🎁👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍🚀🚀🚀💥💥🚀🚀🚀💥💥💥🚀🚀

Awesome stuff! I'll reply properly later, but congratulations! Are the body photos to show you the final colour? Makeup and stuff will still need doing, but she now exists - it's official!
Thank you!

I assume it was more of a color demonstration than anything, and I definitely approved! The areola color was done too but that was the only area shown that would be colored. I have to think that the head is probably moulded too. It would make sense to cast everything from the same mixture to ensure color matching. As much as I want to see her face I'm kind of glad I didn't get to. These photos and video have made her VERY real and seeing her face would only make it more so.

Let's just say that today has been the longest day I've had since I joined this site...

I was almost late to work because I was looking at those photos this morning but I'll share a little sample so you can see her color either tonight or tomorrow. She looks so good!

Follow us on Twitter!

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:35 pm
Thank you!

I assume it was more of a color demonstration than anything, and I definitely approved! The areola color was done too but that was the only area shown that would be colored. I have to think that the head is probably moulded too. It would make sense to cast everything from the same mixture to ensure color matching. As much as I want to see her face I'm kind of glad I didn't get to. These photos and video have made her VERY real and seeing her face would only make it more so.

Let's just say that today has been the longest day I've had since I joined this site...

I was almost late to work because I was looking at those photos this morning but I'll share a little sample so you can see her color either tonight or tomorrow. She looks so good!
If her body has been cast, they will definitely have made her head for exactly that reason - all one colour batch. She'll be a while in makeup and everything now, but just wait a little while longer! The next time you see her she should be complete with her wig and everything! And just think, she'll be all yours!

That high level of excitement is why the wait is sort of fun - it's like every day is Christmas Eve!

The fabric idea for a backdrop does sound good. When I shoot photos indoors, I often take pictures and things off the walls - mostly because too much in the background makes a shot look cluttered, so anything to reduce that I'd generally good. In terms of fabric to hang, I have seen some Halloween tablecloths that are spider web print and things like that. Might be an inexpensive option to look into.

You should be able to buy pantyhose cheaply in multi-packs. One trick you can use is to cut the legs and feet off a pair - make a pair of sleeves for her arms - they can help make upper body dressing easier as the arms just glide in - you can also pull them over the hands to protect the fingers. Also because they're sleeves you can easily take them off once she's dressed. It's a trick I use sometimes. Normally not needed, but does help.

Yeah, drop me a PM with a sample - I'd like to see. Feel free to remove the naughty bits from the photos though - I normally do, as she's all yours, so why share those parts!

Also, on your recommendation a long time ago, I got a copy of "daughter of the drow' in the post today. Let's hope I get to read it before Nymeria finds it under my mattress with the other contraband...😅

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:46 am If her body has been cast, they will definitely have made her head for exactly that reason - all one colour batch. She'll be a while in makeup and everything now, but just wait a little while longer! The next time you see her she should be complete with her wig and everything! And just think, she'll be all yours!

That high level of excitement is why the wait is sort of fun - it's like every day is Christmas Eve!

The fabric idea for a backdrop does sound good. When I shoot photos indoors, I often take pictures and things off the walls - mostly because too much in the background makes a shot look cluttered, so anything to reduce that I'd generally good. In terms of fabric to hang, I have seen some Halloween tablecloths that are spider web print and things like that. Might be an inexpensive option to look into.

You should be able to buy pantyhose cheaply in multi-packs. One trick you can use is to cut the legs and feet off a pair - make a pair of sleeves for her arms - they can help make upper body dressing easier as the arms just glide in - you can also pull them over the hands to protect the fingers. Also because they're sleeves you can easily take them off once she's dressed. It's a trick I use sometimes. Normally not needed, but does help.

Yeah, drop me a PM with a sample - I'd like to see. Feel free to remove the naughty bits from the photos though - I normally do, as she's all yours, so why share those parts!

Also, on your recommendation a long time ago, I got a copy of "daughter of the drow' in the post today. Let's hope I get to read it before Nymeria finds it under my mattress with the other contraband...😅
I'm going to absolutely die when I see her finished!

I've used fabric in the past for other things I've photographed, but I've never photographed a person in a 'studio' setting, so much larger! I haven't unfolded what I have to see if it's big enough yet. I did a little looking on Amazon and there are some backdrop options that look plausible. But, I've shut those tabs for the time being. I've spent enough money! Table cloths aren't a bad idea, and bed sheets are another option. Taking things off the wall is of course an option, but in the dining room where I plan to do the first shoot is covered with probably ~50 small items, not just a photo or two! Honestly, a lot of my walls are covered with things.

You're right, and that's what I ended up doing. What I was looking at were options that would also look good on her and I was trying to visualize that with little success. Most hose is meant to look good on human skin tones, not elves! There was one blue set that I found that I think would look really good, but the in stock sizes started at Large. But, then I realized that I'm buying these more to make my life easier than for her to actually wear and look good in. So, I picked up a cheap 8-pack of 'tanned' that will suffice for now.

Nice! I've been thinking I should reread the books again but really haven't had time. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

I also got a mail surprise yesterday, the dress with the hood I was all excited about arrived! Seeing it also helped put things in perspective for me. According to the sizing it was going to be a little on the big side for Arachne, but holding it up it looks so small! Either it's going to be tight on her (Not necessarily a bad thing!) or she's going to be even more petite than I've been thinking! Either way, I can't wait to see her in it.

Last night I sat down and ordered everything else I could possibly need for Arachne's arrival. Hopefully I didn't forget anything, and hopefully it all makes it before she does!

Follow us on Twitter!

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:58 pm I'm going to absolutely die when I see her finished!

I've used fabric in the past for other things I've photographed, but I've never photographed a person in a 'studio' setting, so much larger! I haven't unfolded what I have to see if it's big enough yet. I did a little looking on Amazon and there are some backdrop options that look plausible. But, I've shut those tabs for the time being. I've spent enough money! Table cloths aren't a bad idea, and bed sheets are another option. Taking things off the wall is of course an option, but in the dining room where I plan to do the first shoot is covered with probably ~50 small items, not just a photo or two! Honestly, a lot of my walls are covered with things.

You're right, and that's what I ended up doing. What I was looking at were options that would also look good on her and I was trying to visualize that with little success. Most hose is meant to look good on human skin tones, not elves! There was one blue set that I found that I think would look really good, but the in stock sizes started at Large. But, then I realized that I'm buying these more to make my life easier than for her to actually wear and look good in. So, I picked up a cheap 8-pack of 'tanned' that will suffice for now.

Nice! I've been thinking I should reread the books again but really haven't had time. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

I also got a mail surprise yesterday, the dress with the hood I was all excited about arrived! Seeing it also helped put things in perspective for me. According to the sizing it was going to be a little on the big side for Arachne, but holding it up it looks so small! Either it's going to be tight on her (Not necessarily a bad thing!) or she's going to be even more petite than I've been thinking! Either way, I can't wait to see her in it.

Last night I sat down and ordered everything else I could possibly need for Arachne's arrival. Hopefully I didn't forget anything, and hopefully it all makes it before she does!
I thought that dress might arrive - I've often had a similar things while waiting on a doll - placed clothes orders from China that have arrived before them! I think you may be thankful for how petite she is when you realise that she'll expect to be carried around the house all the time! Nymeria is fairly easy to manage from that standpoint though. That is also why it's hard to find a bra that fits on the underbust measurement too!

I'm sure you had most stuff by now anyway - hopefully not too much to get? I think it's worth pacing yourself a bit on the purchases - she can't wear 10 outfits all at once after all. Photography is something you can work up to, and build up as you go along. Plenty of time to look at proper backdrops later on. I didn't have any proper lights when I started or anything at all, and the photos weren't as good, but it's a learning curve. Realistically, many know far more than I do!

White looks quite nice on Nymeria for pantyhose type things - as a contrast to her skin rather than working with it. You're right though - at this stage, you're more looking for something for her to wear under other things, so look doesn't matter at all.

Nymeria
Doll
Doll

Post by Nymeria »

agent0013 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:58 pm I'm going to absolutely die when I see her ....

It does seem very highly likely....

....although a man slave already so resigned to death at the hands of his mistress at such an early stage is quite laudable!

If you can maintain that level of devotion, I believe she may even feed you... occasionally...

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:57 am I thought that dress might arrive - I've often had a similar things while waiting on a doll - placed clothes orders from China that have arrived before them! I think you may be thankful for how petite she is when you realise that she'll expect to be carried around the house all the time! Nymeria is fairly easy to manage from that standpoint though. That is also why it's hard to find a bra that fits on the underbust measurement too!

I'm sure you had most stuff by now anyway - hopefully not too much to get? I think it's worth pacing yourself a bit on the purchases - she can't wear 10 outfits all at once after all. Photography is something you can work up to, and build up as you go along. Plenty of time to look at proper backdrops later on. I didn't have any proper lights when I started or anything at all, and the photos weren't as good, but it's a learning curve. Realistically, many know far more than I do!

White looks quite nice on Nymeria for pantyhose type things - as a contrast to her skin rather than working with it. You're right though - at this stage, you're more looking for something for her to wear under other things, so look doesn't matter at all.
Well, considering that the expected delivery date was between mid March and May my expectations were certainly low!

Carrying her around is probably the aspect of her that I'm looking forward to the least. I know I can lift her weight, but her size and shape may cause problems in the confines of my house. I am motivated to figure it out, though.

I was able to find bras in 28D, but they were horribly expensive, probably due to the uncommon size. You said you started with a 32D and those are readily available and cheaper, but I split the difference with a 30D. The price was a little more reasonable and should be a little closer to the actual size. If I find myself putting her in a bra frequently then perhaps I'll invest in a more proper size down the road.

No, there was a bunch of stuff I hadn't bought yet. Prior to Friday night all I'd ordered was clothing, a few accessories, corn starch, and a brush. Oh, and a heated blanket to warm her up. Now I have underwear, cheap shoes, cleaning and maintenance accessories, and even some new bed sheets because she's worth it, on order. Looks like I should have the majority of everything by March 8th, but there's a couple items that haven't shipped yet and some stuff that I don't have ETAs on. But, at this point I have what I need to clean and powder her, then put some clothes on her. I'd say that's the important Day 1 stuff. The only other thing I really want to get before I start taking photos is something to use as a prop to hold her up. I have an idea of what I want but have no idea what I can buy and modify to make it work. I don't have the equipment to manufacture what I want from scratch so I'm thinking I need to go to my favorite industrial supply to see what they might have. I think aside from that I'm done purchasing for her for now.

Last night I had my first experience powdering. I was cleaning out my closet where my mini dolls are and decided it was time to take a break and finally powder them. They were stored in the recommended position, everything straight and arms at their sides, but when I raised the arm on one of them (just to 90 degrees) the silicone tore a little in her armpit. I lifted the other arm slowly and could see the silicone slowly peeling away from its self. Luckily this prevented damage from occurring on that side. Do you think that would have been caused by the lack of powder and sitting for a few months or is there another important lesson to be learned here? This was only a 12" doll, so a pretty cheap mistake to learn from compared to Arachne!

Follow us on Twitter!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Nymeria wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:07 am
agent0013 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:58 pm I'm going to absolutely die when I see her ....

It does seem very highly likely....

....although a man slave already so resigned to death at the hands of his mistress at such an early stage is quite laudable!

If you can maintain that level of devotion, I believe she may even feed you... occasionally...
I am prepared to do anything for my new mistress, Nymeria. Every day I am able to serve her will be a joy, and every second of attention she gives me will be a blessing.

Follow us on Twitter!

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:28 am Well, considering that the expected delivery date was between mid March and May my expectations were certainly low!

Carrying her around is probably the aspect of her that I'm looking forward to the least. I know I can lift her weight, but her size and shape may cause problems in the confines of my house. I am motivated to figure it out, though.

I was able to find bras in 28D, but they were horribly expensive, probably due to the uncommon size. You said you started with a 32D and those are readily available and cheaper, but I split the difference with a 30D. The price was a little more reasonable and should be a little closer to the actual size. If I find myself putting her in a bra frequently then perhaps I'll invest in a more proper size down the road.

No, there was a bunch of stuff I hadn't bought yet. Prior to Friday night all I'd ordered was clothing, a few accessories, corn starch, and a brush. Oh, and a heated blanket to warm her up. Now I have underwear, cheap shoes, cleaning and maintenance accessories, and even some new bed sheets because she's worth it, on order. Looks like I should have the majority of everything by March 8th, but there's a couple items that haven't shipped yet and some stuff that I don't have ETAs on. But, at this point I have what I need to clean and powder her, then put some clothes on her. I'd say that's the important Day 1 stuff. The only other thing I really want to get before I start taking photos is something to use as a prop to hold her up. I have an idea of what I want but have no idea what I can buy and modify to make it work. I don't have the equipment to manufacture what I want from scratch so I'm thinking I need to go to my favorite industrial supply to see what they might have. I think aside from that I'm done purchasing for her for now.

Last night I had my first experience powdering. I was cleaning out my closet where my mini dolls are and decided it was time to take a break and finally powder them. They were stored in the recommended position, everything straight and arms at their sides, but when I raised the arm on one of them (just to 90 degrees) the silicone tore a little in her armpit. I lifted the other arm slowly and could see the silicone slowly peeling away from its self. Luckily this prevented damage from occurring on that side. Do you think that would have been caused by the lack of powder and sitting for a few months or is there another important lesson to be learned here? This was only a 12" doll, so a pretty cheap mistake to learn from compared to Arachne!
As dolls go, the sanhui 161 is a reasonable weight with good distribution, and probably the easiest doll I have to lift (Nymeria practically levitates compared to the 44kg bulk of Shiori!). That said, it's no joke on day 1 when you start out. People often think that because they can bench press far more weight it's going to be easy. It's not just the fact they need to be looked after, but the weight is uneven and you have to sustain it. I've seen a lot of people come up with different ways of explaining it, but if you take a pair of dumbells of similar weight and were to go half way through a curl and hold it there I think you'd have the experience 😅. I think I said before, but a bridal carry from and to sitting positions and a bear hug from behind with a sort of waddle motion from standing both work well. Just take your time - no rush. It'll work out.

My experience of Chinese cheap-ass clothes is that they normally overestimate the shipping massively because they actually have no idea how long it'll take - normally 2 weeks to a month from my experience though.

I'm sure you'll have everything in time for her arrival. Dolls tend to take longer than expected. If Mike said a week, expect a little longer than that - in my experience it always takes at least a few extra days!

I'm not sure about the tearing silicone on the mini dolls. It's nothing I've seen with big dolls even with them left for a few weeks - are you 100% sure they're silicone? - I only ask because that sort of sticking and tearing is a well known problem you can get with TPE dolls. Especially if they're exposed to heat. Like I said, it hasn't happened to any of my dolls. Naturally silicone doesn't stick to anything - including itself, but will get a lot of dust and bits on it unless powdered. You shouldn't have that problem with Arachne. Armpit type tears can happen if their arms are stretched too far or too high for too long, but that's easy to avoid if you follow my dressing instructions.

I don't have any kind of special stand, so I'll be interested to see what you come up with. Almost anything could work though. I've used garden forks before, and camera tripod extended telescopically behind Natsumi once.

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:47 pm As dolls go, the sanhui 161 is a reasonable weight with good distribution, and probably the easiest doll I have to lift (Nymeria practically levitates compared to the 44kg bulk of Shiori!). That said, it's no joke on day 1 when you start out. People often think that because they can bench press far more weight it's going to be easy. It's not just the fact they need to be looked after, but the weight is uneven and you have to sustain it. I've seen a lot of people come up with different ways of explaining it, but if you take a pair of dumbells of similar weight and were to go half way through a curl and hold it there I think you'd have the experience 😅. I think I said before, but a bridal carry from and to sitting positions and a bear hug from behind with a sort of waddle motion from standing both work well. Just take your time - no rush. It'll work out.

My experience of Chinese cheap-ass clothes is that they normally overestimate the shipping massively because they actually have no idea how long it'll take - normally 2 weeks to a month from my experience though.

I'm sure you'll have everything in time for her arrival. Dolls tend to take longer than expected. If Mike said a week, expect a little longer than that - in my experience it always takes at least a few extra days!

I'm not sure about the tearing silicone on the mini dolls. It's nothing I've seen with big dolls even with them left for a few weeks - are you 100% sure they're silicone? - I only ask because that sort of sticking and tearing is a well known problem you can get with TPE dolls. Especially if they're exposed to heat. Like I said, it hasn't happened to any of my dolls. Naturally silicone doesn't stick to anything - including itself, but will get a lot of dust and bits on it unless powdered. You shouldn't have that problem with Arachne. Armpit type tears can happen if their arms are stretched too far or too high for too long, but that's easy to avoid if you follow my dressing instructions.

I don't have any kind of special stand, so I'll be interested to see what you come up with. Almost anything could work though. I've used garden forks before, and camera tripod extended telescopically behind Natsumi once.
On the bright side, she should be a rigid weight instead of a deadweight which will help. I like the idea of the bridal carry but I fear I'll be knocking her feet and head on everything in the narrow spaces, which will end with me having broken ankles and battered head myself! I guess we'll see just how flexible and petite she is!

I'm holding out some hope for Friday March 10th for her arrival, simply because it's a Friday and that will leave me the entire weekend to enjoy her arrival. I'm still undecided if I'm going to take the day off work or get her delivered to a local depot to pick her up. That might depend on what courier she ends up on. It's going to be hard to book a day off when a single shipping delay could change the date forward or back. I'm considering telling work it's some sort of personal medical thing, and considering how much all this has already helped my mental health, it's not a lie! Whatever I end up doing, I'll be refreshing her tracking on every device I can whenever I can.

Well, I was 100% sure... But I still have the box and manual that came with her, and now I'm not. They're very keen to tell me 50 times that she has a stainless steel skeleton, but less keen to say what her body is made from. 'The armature then is wrapped in a non-toxic, environment- friendly and medical-grade material that is specially developed for TBLeague body. It delivers a fleshy tactile impression.' But, a quick search of Amazon says it's silicone. I suppose Amazon could be wrong. I'd never heard of TPE before going down the path that led me here, so maybe that's what it is. They definitely feel better after powder though, and I learned a lesson about how much powder can fit in a brush! These dolls have interchangeable hard plastic feet and hands and now the gaps are full of powder, and a ton ended up in the sink I was doing it over. Because of this experience I might pick up a small brush for these dolls and detail work on Arachne. I don't want her eye sockets packed with the stuff!

It's good to know that it isn't a known thing for silicone, outside of excessive stretching. I definitely haven't forgotten your dressing advice! I'll do anything and everything to prevent damage being done to her!

Follow us on Twitter!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:47 pm I don't have any kind of special stand, so I'll be interested to see what you come up with. Almost anything could work though. I've used garden forks before, and camera tripod extended telescopically behind Natsumi once.
Tripod isn't a bad idea. I have two, so perhaps one will be viable. My thought had been some sort of tube that changes length with threads or ratchets with a pad for grip at each end. I've seen things like what I want used in construction but they're designed to hold up walls and ceilings! Something that can go between two and three feet approximately would probably be ideal. I really want to be able to do standing poses.

Follow us on Twitter!

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:28 pm On the bright side, she should be a rigid weight instead of a deadweight which will help. I like the idea of the bridal carry but I fear I'll be knocking her feet and head on everything in the narrow spaces, which will end with me having broken ankles and battered head myself! I guess we'll see just how flexible and petite she is!

I'm holding out some hope for Friday March 10th for her arrival, simply because it's a Friday and that will leave me the entire weekend to enjoy her arrival. I'm still undecided if I'm going to take the day off work or get her delivered to a local depot to pick her up. That might depend on what courier she ends up on. It's going to be hard to book a day off when a single shipping delay could change the date forward or back. I'm considering telling work it's some sort of personal medical thing, and considering how much all this has already helped my mental health, it's not a lie! Whatever I end up doing, I'll be refreshing her tracking on every device I can whenever I can.

Well, I was 100% sure... But I still have the box and manual that came with her, and now I'm not. They're very keen to tell me 50 times that she has a stainless steel skeleton, but less keen to say what her body is made from. 'The armature then is wrapped in a non-toxic, environment- friendly and medical-grade material that is specially developed for TBLeague body. It delivers a fleshy tactile impression.' But, a quick search of Amazon says it's silicone. I suppose Amazon could be wrong. I'd never heard of TPE before going down the path that led me here, so maybe that's what it is. They definitely feel better after powder though, and I learned a lesson about how much powder can fit in a brush! These dolls have interchangeable hard plastic feet and hands and now the gaps are full of powder, and a ton ended up in the sink I was doing it over. Because of this experience I might pick up a small brush for these dolls and detail work on Arachne. I don't want her eye sockets packed with the stuff!

It's good to know that it isn't a known thing for silicone, outside of excessive stretching. I definitely haven't forgotten your dressing advice! I'll do anything and everything to prevent damage being done to her!
I think those TB League dolls are silicone from what I've read, but I have no idea what the properties of the blend are - obviously seems different than a modern Sanhui anyway.

There is a trick to powdering faces - either don't do it, or what I do is only powder them with what's left on the brush after smoothing in another area completely - don't let it pile up on the face! That way you only get a light dusting.

I wouldn't get too attached to a particular date - it's really hard to predict how long anything will take. Delivery always takes longer than you hope! I've been lucky in that I can work from home a decent amount of the time, and I've managed that on doll delivery days recently! Just tell them you have a strange rash that could be contagious- people mostly don't want to rush to find out one way or the other!

I've started reading Daughter of the Drow - good so far - I'm only right at the start though. Probably would have read it ages ago if I wasn't put off by the chronic Mills and Boon style cover art! (No idea if they have those books where you are - a company famous for really really trashy romance novels that are full of thrusting purple-headed warriors 😶😅)

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:18 pm I think those TB League dolls are silicone from what I've read, but I have no idea what the properties of the blend are - obviously seems different than a modern Sanhui anyway.

There is a trick to powdering faces - either don't do it, or what I do is only powder them with what's left on the brush after smoothing in another area completely - don't let it pile up on the face! That way you only get a light dusting.

I wouldn't get too attached to a particular date - it's really hard to predict how long anything will take. Delivery always takes longer than you hope! I've been lucky in that I can work from home a decent amount of the time, and I've managed that on doll delivery days recently! Just tell them you have a strange rash that could be contagious- people mostly don't want to rush to find out one way or the other!

I've started reading Daughter of the Drow - good so far - I'm only right at the start though. Probably would have read it ages ago if I wasn't put off by the chronic Mills and Boon style cover art! (No idea if they have those books where you are - a company famous for really really trashy romance novels that are full of thrusting purple-headed warriors 😶😅)
I guess they're not getting the medical grade platinum cured silicone imported from Japan!

I'll definitely be powdering her face. After powdering the small dolls and knowing what they now feel like it's definitely going to be the thing to do. If she's as sticky as the small dolls were her face will be covered in fibers in no time and it will drive me mental. A small brush and way less powder than my first attempt. That will be the way to go. :razz:

A guy has to dream, right? I'm well aware of how shipping can go. My career for the last 15 years requires me to order and receive stuff daily and I've witnessed all sorts of scenarios! But, most shipments make it to their destination as they're supposed to, so even if you take positive thinking out of the equation statistics are still on my side. So far all I've said to a coworker is that I might need to take a day off in March. Once she's actually shipped, tracking is live, and I know what courier she's on will I make my final decision on what to do. Based on what I've been told I may have that information by the end of the week, so I'm jumping to look at my phone every time an email comes in, which is frequently because I'm getting spammed with shipping notifications today for all the stuff I ordered for Arachne Friday night! But, I suspect it will be late in the week before she's ready at best.

Don't forget you have some other reading material available if you want! I really should read it again. I remember the trilogy was good, but I've forgotten a lot of details. I'm not familiar with the specific publisher, but I've seen my share of romance novels in stores. I personally didn't get that sort of vibe from the cover, but I suppose many books can have different cover art. My copy has Liriel on the cover with a guy behind her (I forget his name), she's wearing dark armor with white accents, and has her hair done with an interesting 'net' braiding with black beads. If that's different to yours, google it and braid Nymeria's hair like that, I dare you! :mrgreen:

Follow us on Twitter!

INFORMATIONS