www.wmdolls.com

Qualifications to be an approved manufacturer/vendor

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
pangolin
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Qualifications to be an approved manufacturer/vendor

Post by pangolin »

I'm browsing around to find a reasonable vendor and I see warning flags everywhere. Even among the recommended vendors. Maybe I'm just overly paranoid...
What are the criteria for being included in here?

Bobby Carrot

Re: Qualifications to be an approved manufacturer/vendor

Post by Bobby Carrot »

pangolin wrote:I'm browsing around to find a reasonable vendor and I see warning flags everywhere. Even among the recommended vendors. Maybe I'm just overly paranoid...
What are the criteria for being included in here?
1. Write to them via email.
2. If they respond, keep the conversation going....ask your questions
3. If they drop off the earth at any time, or give you stupid/irrelevant answers, then they are most likely going to be unreasonable or a scam. Cross that vendor off your list and keep looking.

Deal with these guys the way you would deal with stores/restaurants or any other businesses in your day-to-day life. Make them earn your trust and business! Some of the people think the dolls sell themselves, and carry themselves like they have precious gold, but I am convinced that's all hype and part of their selling tactics. There are good ones, but even the good ones get lazy. I'm not going to promote anyone here...that wouldn't be right. Good luck.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

If reviews of a vendor or manufacturer appears on this site with most being positive, that's a good start :)

pangolin
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by pangolin »

Thanks!
Yes, I'm going to write to them and also to include some stupid questions or ask about obvious things to see how they respond to incorrect info etc.
But I wondered if there are any more "hard" criteria. Having a lot of accounts that are totally made up of different real-life people who totally voice their unbiased opinions about real-life purchases :whistle: that write overwhelmingly positive reviews here doesn't mean a lot, does it?
But I realise that might be to hope for to much. Some sites advertising here doesn't even have HTTPS!!

INFORMATIONS