betterlovedoll.com

Invitation to contribute to feature documentary

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
bryanryan
Media Account
Media Account

Invitation to contribute to feature documentary

Post by bryanryan »

Hi all,

I’m a documentary director making a film about the doll community, and am looking for male and female doll owners who are interested in sharing their views with the world.

ABOUT THE PROJECT

In particular, the project is about the companionship aspect of doll ownership — and, I’ll emphasize, couldn’t be further from trash or exploitation TV. It seems as though the majority of media on the subject has been of a tabloid, side-show nature, and we’re enthused to now be giving it a deeper, more contemplative look.

We’ll be focusing almost exclusively on the stories of the owners, as well as those of their dolls — instead of just treating them like props! — and rest assured, there will be no outside “experts” called in to lend a few disparaging soundbites.

Tonally and visually, we're picturing a treatment somewhere in the vein of this video (*minus the narration) - https://www.facebook.com/NBCNews/videos/407452653077329. And not unlike “All Dolled Up,” we hope to be giving as intimate and nonjudgemental a look into the community as possible.

ABOUT ME

My last documentary played at Sundance, and my Oscar-winning producing partner is, like me, intent on delivering a high-quality, objective film that a great deal of people will learn from and hopefully enjoy.

After reviewing the existing film and TV on the topic, I think you’re more than justified to be distrustful of the mainstream media. However, I’m looking forward to discussing with you how different (with your participation!) this project will be.

Initial discussions will of course be strictly confidential, and the production will adhere to the Warner Media Back to Work Task Force’s stringent anti-covid protocols. If you or a friend is interested, send a DM or an email to alotlikelovefilm@gmail.com and we can go from there.

Thanks all,
Bryan

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Re: Invitation to contribute to feature documentary

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Hi Bryan, sounds like a very interesting project. I´m living in Germany so it won´t be easy to take part, I suppose. Good luck anyhow.

Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

bryanryan
Media Account
Media Account

Post by bryanryan »

Thanks, Chris. If we end up going international we'll be sure to circle back!

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Hello Bryanryan. Could you provide more detail on how doll owners are expected to participate? For instance, I don't have a webcam on my pc. I do have a very nice Zoom Q2n that I use for shooting short videos of concerts and cats and stuff. It has a webcam setting, but I haven't figured that out yet. So a live conversation on video might be a non-starter on pure technical grounds. Are we supposed to show our faces, domicile, and doll(s)?
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

bryanryan wrote:Thanks, Chris. If we end up going international we'll be sure to circle back!
:thumbs_up:

Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

bryanryan
Media Account
Media Account

Post by bryanryan »

Excellent question, Rock13. At first communication will be either over the phone, webcam/Facetime and/or email.

Then down the road, for the folks we ultimately choose to focus on, we'd be using a cameraman (who's been covid tested, quarantined, wrapped in PPE etc., and shooting in open spaces), and would indeed ideally be seeing your dolls and faces (and perhaps domiciles).

So if that's not a non-starter for you, then the webcam issue isn't a problem for us at all.

bryanryan
Media Account
Media Account

Post by bryanryan »

Hey again guys,
Just an FYI (and in case you missed), we'll be wrapping up our search for documentary subjects within the week or so, so holler if you're potentially interested.
And since I've gotten some questions, to clarify some previous remarks: shooting in "open spaces" definitely doesn't need to mean "public" spaces, and no, we really don't need to show the exteriors of your houses at all :)
Thanks again!
Bryan
alotlikelovefilm@gmail.com

INFORMATIONS