https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

Building props for a doll castle then the doll castle.

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

Chandrelle Softvale
Doll
Doll

Building props for a doll castle then the doll castle.

Post by Chandrelle Softvale »

This is going to be Master's journal for a doll castle project. It will be slow going due to lack of tools. He gave most of his wood working tools to a friend in exchange for some construction beyond him.

Master is working on building a doll castle and props and furniture. He has the first room laid out and now has a prototype bathtub. Therava and Nynaeve have tested the fit. It holds 2 quite comfortably. Now master has to fill in a few bad cuts, round off the edges and sand everything nice and smooth.

Master is wondering whether to use Flex Seal paint or enamel appliance paint to make it water proof. Some experimenting is on the horizon.

bath tub prototype.jpg
bath tub prototype.jpg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 1158 times
Hmm, since it is going to be a modern castle I wonder how he is gonna make a modern toilet. He has a dremel rotary tool but has never done any sculpting of any kind. I have faith in Master.
I am Magically Delicious.
My Facebook Page
I am WM172G original body now WM172B with WM172 head
Our home has me, Sonja, Shaedra, Xena, Suri, Lady Blue, Shanyrria and Aeleora.
Master's introduction of me
My Journal
Cookie Monsters
Eye Candy Thread
My Phicen Sisters

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Building props for a doll castle then the doll castle.

Post by carlys_guy »

good luck with the building, google 1/6 scale toilet and you should find some from etsy and other places.

carly snugglemore

Chandrelle Softvale
Doll
Doll

Post by Chandrelle Softvale »

carlys_guy wrote:good luck with the building, google 1/6 scale toilet and you should find some from etsy and other places.

carly snugglemore
checked, cant find affordable. and Walmart doesn't have one that Master could upscale
everything is 1/12th

might be because Master wont deal with china stores
I am Magically Delicious.
My Facebook Page
I am WM172G original body now WM172B with WM172 head
Our home has me, Sonja, Shaedra, Xena, Suri, Lady Blue, Shanyrria and Aeleora.
Master's introduction of me
My Journal
Cookie Monsters
Eye Candy Thread
My Phicen Sisters

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

if you know anyone with a 3d printer thingiverse has some toilets but i don't know what size they are.

carly snugglemore

Kim
Doll
Doll
Location: in the Netherlands with my GF Juliana, my twinsister Erika, Alexa and EBF

Post by Kim »

Chandrelle Softvale wrote:
carlys_guy wrote:good luck with the building, google 1/6 scale toilet and you should find some from etsy and other places.

carly snugglemore
checked, cant find affordable. and Walmart doesn't have one that Master could upscale
everything is 1/12th

might be because Master wont deal with china stores
Did you check for Barbie toilets?
I have a dollalbum, with loads of nice pics. My twinsister Erika has her own album, which also has some pics of me hanging out with her. We have our own thread where we post our pics. Stop by and say Hi!

Don't forget to take a look at my girlfriend Juliana.

My Lexi visits lots of places. Allison is featuring in her travels. Allison has her own thread too.

Leather by Lee
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: N.W. PA. in MY house no matter what Chandrelle says.

Post by Leather by Lee »

Etsy search for domestic shippers.

search term = barbie toilet

found theses, both make barbie look like a giant but in a pinch the second one would be better.
il_794xN.2510900224_20ax.jpg
il_794xN.2510900224_20ax.jpg (111.65 KiB) Viewed 1095 times
il_794xN.2244867359_cznn.jpg
il_794xN.2244867359_cznn.jpg (56.13 KiB) Viewed 1095 times
This showed up and I like. after all my girls are modern barbarians and renaissance girls.
il_794xN.2168183327_m5aw.jpg
il_794xN.2168183327_m5aw.jpg (67.79 KiB) Viewed 1095 times
I thought this was funny as hell. Dolls gotta wipe during the very real shortage of everything.
il_794xN.2489269744_2b11.jpg
il_794xN.2489269744_2b11.jpg (265.44 KiB) Viewed 1095 times
Chandrelle Softvale is WM172B body #172 head
Shanyrria WM172G with #172 head
Sonja WM172G with #162 head, Xena, WM166C, 159 head
Suri SM Doll blue 156C with #58 head and Lady Blue SM Doll blue 163A #64 head
7th doll has been banned by TDF
Dolls alive thread, Eye Candy thread, Phicen Thread, The girl's Facebook Page, Our Facebook group, Amateur Cosplay Dolls and more

Leather by Lee
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Leather by Lee »

carlys_guy wrote:if you know anyone with a 3d printer thingiverse has some toilets but i don't know what size they are.

carly snugglemore
no printer available.
Dolls alive thread, Eye Candy thread, Phicen Thread, The girl's Facebook Page, Our Facebook group, Amateur Cosplay Dolls and more

Kim
Doll
Doll
Location: in the Netherlands with my GF Juliana, my twinsister Erika, Alexa and EBF

Post by Kim »

Yes, barbie stuff is not always the proper scale. The toilet rolls are funny :haha2:
I have a dollalbum, with loads of nice pics. My twinsister Erika has her own album, which also has some pics of me hanging out with her. We have our own thread where we post our pics. Stop by and say Hi!

Don't forget to take a look at my girlfriend Juliana.

My Lexi visits lots of places. Allison is featuring in her travels. Allison has her own thread too.

Leather by Lee
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Leather by Lee »

gonna see if I can upgrade this to more rough and tough colors. Need it to look more like an adventurers jeep.
IMG_0269A.jpg
IMG_0269A.jpg (3.29 MiB) Viewed 1014 times
bought some cammo paint. Used to work in a factory that made decorated plastic mugs so I hopw I can used that method to make the paint stick much better. will have to test the method on the undercarriage.

BuilderOfCastles

Post by BuilderOfCastles »

This response is going to be all over the place, and may turn out a bit preachy. For that i apologize, and request you ask questions to fill in any gaps.

First i would never start with plywood to make a bathtub.
Unless, of course, you want a very square, tiled, built in tub look.

Much better starting materials for this scale is actually cardboard.
(and yes, it is just as durable to water as the plywood, both will be destroyed in short order.)

Neither of the paints are good at waterproofing.
You go to the shower tile section of the Homey Despot and buy waterproofing. (it is like a paint, but it is for waterproofing showers)

The material i would suggest is acrylic.
You use white acrylic and not only will you start with pretty much the correct color, if you build it well, its already water proof and water tight.

---- ---- ----

So, now words on how to make a tub.

You start with a trapazoid
_______
\______/

draw it out on cardboard or thick paper. Tape it together until you get the correct shape you want.

Then, you use those as the templates for cutting the acrylic.
You will have to sand the bottom piece to the correct angles.
You can glue the sides (or ends) on to the bottom and sand the whole thing as one piece.
You set a piece of sandpaper on a flat, smooth surface and you move the whole unit side to side. Then the side against the sand paper is perfectly flat and you can glue the sides of acrylic to it.

You can sand and cut acrylic just like you work with wood.
You can build up rims by gluing pieces of acrylic and then sanding them to the shape you want.
Of course, if you want to live dangerous, you can bend the edges with heat.
Put the sheet in the oven on a cookie sheet at the lowest temperature it will go. Pull the piece out and bend it. Takes practice. i suggest wearing gloves. You can also make wooden blocks the anti-shape to mold the plastic against.

--- -- --- - -- -

So many of these pieces you seem to be wanting to start with are very excellent for a 3D printer.
3D printers are not expensive.
And they are not hard to use. Usually it is download file, upload to printer, press go.

3D printer is the perfect thing for building a toilet.
You could carve it but it is so difficult to get a complex curve to match from side to side.

JustinBridou
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustinBridou »

carlys_guy wrote:if you know anyone with a 3d printer thingiverse has some toilets but i don't know what size they are.

carly snugglemore
I know the size :whistle:
Indeed, everything that one can find in Barbie & Co. is too small and looks too toy.

Some time ago, I printed a toilet for my TBleague dolls. I found a nice ready-made model on thingiverse and first printed it in flashy colors! I then redid it but enlarging it slightly and using more sober colors.

Image Image Image

For the second printing, I used "marble" PLA filament, "snow white" for the flap and also metal gray for the lever.
I encountered some difficulties during assembly, because as I had enlarged the dimensions, but with different factors according to the axes, I had created mechanical distortions and the parts did not fit together perfectly. But after a few tweaks, everything ended up coming together as wanted.

The model I use on thingiverse is the "86Duino Toilet" and may be found here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1826346

The result is quite correct, but could be improved. I think, for example, that removing logo designs would be better. The weight is quite acceptable, neither too heavy nor too light: about 87 gr.

To make an ultra-luxury model, we could start from this base (at least, for the bowl and the tank) and make a silicone mold. Then, make a ceramic molding of it and finally bake an enamel coating. But that would require a suitable oven.
It would be heavier, but also more fragile.

Maybe just coating the PLA with enamel paint would give a brighter result, or maybe an ABS print would be more realistic (but I don't have ABS filament - and it smells too much).
ImageJustinBridou & familyImage
Iris & Mitsu - OR138, Nolwenn, Liz, Canelle & Cléo - Deluxe/Teddy babes, Vanille - Valentina Girl,Evelyne - Textile doll, The army of minis - because size don't care!

Iris Beldam
Doll
Doll

Post by Iris Beldam »

ImageAs the castle is located in the woods, I wonder if with a 3D printer we could not produce a toilet with a more rustic look: there are "wood" filaments (in fact PLA mixed with fibers of wood) which could give a rather strange result. And that would certainly be easier to do, than sculpting that with a Dremel! except of course, for those who have talents of sculptor.

BuilderOfCastles

Post by BuilderOfCastles »

Iris Beldam wrote:ImageAs the castle is located in the woods, I wonder if with a 3D printer we could not produce a toilet with a more rustic look: there are "wood" filaments (in fact PLA mixed with fibers of wood) which could give a rather strange result. And that would certainly be easier to do, than sculpting that with a Dremel! except of course, for those who have talents of sculptor.

A yee olde toilet was a board with a hole in it.
The hight of luxury was a board with a hole cut in it with a seat and cover attached to it.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

build an outhouse then you don't need plumbing or servants to empty the pot under the seat.

carlys_guy

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

3D printing sounds really intriguing.
I'm sort of old school, and would maybe try moulding clay, dried and then painted with enamel.
Regardless of what method you use, you'll will learn a lot as you go.
And besides, if you are in the photographs Chandrelle, no one will be looking at the props.

Thanks,
scooter
With beautiful Daria and Giorgi.
Everything about Daria can be found in her NEW Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Everything about Giorgi can be found in her Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=96105
Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14626

INFORMATIONS