https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

Diary of a Tiny Minx Maker

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

Vicvic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Diary of a Tiny Minx Maker

Post by Vicvic »

It looks like it's off to a good start! :wink:
Xycolo dolls :
Hadaly : viewtopic.php?f=525&t=145037
Yumi :viewtopic.php?f=525&t=149127
Cindy :viewtopic.php?t=164358
Geena : viewtopic.php?t=173044

Victor's Mini-Dolls : viewtopic.php?f=64&t=148602

We are happier by the passion we have than by the one we give
François de La Rochefoucauld

Pia
Doll
Doll

Post by Pia »

I can only say we are thrilled :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Best regards
Pia

Presentation of the Phicen family viewtopic.php?f=64&t=140525
Adventures of the little dolls viewtopic.php?f=64&t=127501
Photo shoots from us viewtopic.php?f=64&t=136655

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Enough. Projects. Already.

I’m beginning to “discover” doll projects in my basement that I’d forgotten all about… 😵‍💫

Time and Energy

How much of it do I actually have? That’s what it really comes down to. It’s always been easy for me to imagine new projects and possibilities, but getting them done… that requires those precious two commodities.

I probably have enough time and energy to get a lot more accomplished than I do. The problem has always been getting them to coordinate. At some point, I need to accept that some projects are never going to happen. It’s sad, but it’s for the best.

Because I’m here to have FUN!

Having projects languishing in a corner of my basement is not FUN. Waiting for “someday” to come is not FUN. Throwing resources away on grand schemes that’ll never make it to fruition is not FUN. Being unsatisfied is not FUN.

Every day I’m confronted with the dream of MORE… it’s just part of living in a consumerist society. Recently, a new RC car was released that tempted me into undertaking yet another project. Another scheme, that I know in my heart, I’d never complete. Thankfully, I’ve avoided this new temptation, and have safely piloted my boat away from the Sirens… and the rocks.

But there are more Sirens waiting ahead… I’m sure of it.

Certainly, new projects are going to come my way again… that’s just a fact of my life. I am a dreamer. For now however, I’m going to let the wind carry away those new visions and focus on making some progress on the FUN that’s right in front of me. I’ve already got more projects than I’ve got time and energy for.

Spring is almost here… and Bisboo & Zimzoo need their beetle finished!

No. New. Projects.

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Sunroof Progress!

7FCEB7CB-C26C-4AC8-92C8-5962A019D9DB.gif
7FCEB7CB-C26C-4AC8-92C8-5962A019D9DB.gif (17.29 MiB) Viewed 334 times

High time I put the materials and processes to the test!

That’s the great thing about having more raw materials than are required, I can do a mock-up out of the real stuff! I’m not always this lucky. Lots of the time when I’m Tinkering, I’ve got nothing to practice on, just the one precious item. This frequently puts me into a hesitant mindset… I feel like I must have perfect ideas and techniques before proceeding.

Fortunately, I realized this morning that I’ve got enough of the “good stuff” to make about 8 sunroofs, so I forged ahead.

The first step was cutting the base panel.

B8D46DAF-B1D8-4C67-A2DD-81A38D3D3E8B.jpeg
B8D46DAF-B1D8-4C67-A2DD-81A38D3D3E8B.jpeg (2.69 MiB) Viewed 334 times

The plastic panel needed significant trimming and fitting because my paper pattern wasn’t nearly accurate enough… a perfect indicator of why I needed to do this mock-up. The plastic is so much thicker than my paper patterns, that it fits the roof curves much differently.

I’ve also decided to utilize the rearward crossbar in the beetle as an attachment point. It’ll stay across the roof regardless of which sunroof is on, closed or open. It’ll make access to the rear seat of the beetle a bit more awkward, but shouldn’t interfere with B & Z getting in and out of the front.

After gluing up all the pieces based on my patterns, and the trial roof fabric panel I cut, I could see that everything is a little too small. The edges of the roof cutout aren’t quite covered. Working with the plastic base material is definitely different than index cards… lol.

I’ll probably torture test this mock-up… just to be sure it’s Pixie Mischief proof! 🥰

AA4DEF94-A32C-4E70-B80D-F92FEB390584.jpeg
AA4DEF94-A32C-4E70-B80D-F92FEB390584.jpeg (2.55 MiB) Viewed 334 times

I’m pleased with today’s progress… and like most things, it’s best I step away now… while I’m still ahead!

Generally speaking, I always screw up crap when I force myself to work longer on something than I should. My creative energy has a definite charge cycle. I usually know when to walk away and hit the recharge button… but I don’t always listen to that small wise voice.

Speaking of small voices… maybe I should go see what Cedar is up to???

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

That's already looking really good, SF!

Please do report back with what Cedar is up to! :mrgreen: I'll betcha she's being cute. Possibly adorable.
Image Proud servant of Arachne Baenre, the drow elf.

Follow us on Twitter!

The Adventures of Arachne Baenre (Story thread)
Arachne the Domesticated Drow (Non-Story thread)
The True North Clan (Mini thread)
0013 Modifying and Maker thread

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Seems great minds think alike. I've been working on one for my Herbie Bug. Made mine with fabric from an old office chair. Still working on the braces.
100_1057.JPG
100_1057.JPG (505.64 KiB) Viewed 316 times

Pia
Doll
Doll

Post by Pia »

The beetle will be very beautiful and the
little ones will have great fun :lol: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Best regards
Pia

Presentation of the Phicen family viewtopic.php?f=64&t=140525
Adventures of the little dolls viewtopic.php?f=64&t=127501
Photo shoots from us viewtopic.php?f=64&t=136655

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Thanks Agent, Mr Franz, Pia and everyone else!

Indeed, the progress is good! I think up next, I need to work out the attachment system. My initial ideas of using magnets is not gonna work. I think I’ll need to have some wire clips embedded in the top to hook it onto the body.

This morning, all the glue seems to be holding tenaciously, so I think it’ll be rugged enough for Pixie play. I’ll need to come up with a method for clamping down the folds while I glue them in place. They are pretty crooked on the mock-up because I did it all by hand.

That top is looking great Mr Franz!

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Tinkerbell

Oh… this one’s gonna be a troublemaker! :whistle:

Tink.JPG
Tink.JPG (2.86 MiB) Viewed 250 times

I believe my wayward Tink has finally claimed her body! 😍

Astute observers have probably noticed that she’s sporting Sky’s modified body. I’ve already added a new S40A body for Sky to my Giantoy cart. This body, which I’ve been practicing my modifications on, will now be assigned to Tinkerbell.

I’ve been wanting a new Forest friend for adventures this coming year, and I think it’ll be Tink. She has some good things going for her already. First, since she has molded-on hair, no brushing… YAY! Cedar’s short hair has been reasonably easy to manage in the Forest, but every time I’ve taken Sky outside with her long hair, I’ve regretted it.

Additionally, I’ve also learned that controlling Sky’s movable eyes in the Forest is a chore. There’s no danger of them falling out and getting lost, but they will move around on their own between locations and require repositioning every time.

I’d also like to start over on a fresh body to modify for Sky. As I wrote earlier, I feel like I was remarkably successful in my initial mods to this body, but I’m concerned that continuing to rework it will ruin it. Tinkerbell will require a scanty costume, so having her look perfect when nude is not gonna be required.

I’ve already got parts of her outfit on the way, so look for some more posts coming soonish!

Vicvic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Vicvic »

Very charming doll Tinkerbell! :D Bravo! :thumbs_up: Now you're going to have to get her some wings... :whistle:
Xycolo dolls :

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

That HS is amazing! I prefer actual hair but I wouldn't have passed that one up if I saw it!

Follow us on Twitter!

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Minoo the Enchantress

Something wicked cute this way comes…

Wicked Cute 1.jpg
Wicked Cute 1.jpg (3.63 MiB) Viewed 179 times

I believe I finally found Minoo’s role in my realm… as the Arch-Villainess!

I know, I know… she’s too cute to be evil!!! Well, that cuteness is the source of her power… and, I’m not exactly sure “evil” will describe her motivations anyway. Good vs Evil are an eternal theme, but in the realm of Minxes, that isn’t the struggle that matters.

But you aren’t getting spoilers now… 😜

As many may know, finding a body and a role for Minoo’s lovely Super Duck head sculpt has been an ordeal. I’ve bounced my way through a LOT of different ideas. Ultimately tho, there has been one theme that has been constant… Minoo is an outsider.

Her head is beautiful, and very “anime” in its proportions. Her skull is larger than the other 1/6 girls, as are her eyes, with a wider set. Her long and luscious hair completes her anime look. Because of this, I’ve never been able to visualize her as part of the rest of the Minx crew… and now I understand why.

Minoo belongs to a different Realm.

Wicked Cute 2.jpg
Wicked Cute 2.jpg (3 MiB) Viewed 179 times

Minoo will still take a little effort to complete, but now the finish line is in sight.

I’ve got details to work out with her outfit and I need to figure out her attachment at her neck. Minoo will use the Phicen S36 body as I’d always intended. This body has a slender neck with a small head ball. The SD heads with movable eyes don’t use adapter plugs, but have little sockets built in. Right now I’m trying to work out the PVC tubing trick of LoneRanger’s to get a good fit.

I’m also using some non-Phicen feet for Minoo. These feet have a higher arch and fit her super-tall stilettos well. Unfortunately, the S36 body also has small balls on the foot pegs… so I’m trying to find a way to convert them and not make her feet wobbly.

But it’s unlikely she’d be able to stand on her own in these things anyway… 😘

Wicked Cute 3.jpg
Wicked Cute 3.jpg (3.5 MiB) Viewed 179 times

Casting Minoo in this role is a breakthrough for me… the final corner piece in a puzzle I’ve been putting together.

For a long time, I’ve been assembling and building characters for a major story arc. Many of these figures… such as Agent White… have shown up randomly on my threads and as Photo Challenge participants, but have never their stories told.

That time is coming soonish!

Vicvic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Vicvic »

Welcome to Minoo! :multi: She is beautiful and very special! :thumbs_up: I admire her colorful nails. Are they original or did you customize them?
Xycolo dolls :

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Cuteness is totally a power that can be used for evil! You think I wouldn't do anything she asked me to? Think again! An enchantress to be sure!

I can't wait to see what constitutes :evilbat: EVIL :evilbat: around the Minx Mansion... Bad manners? Not saying please and thank you? Ritual sacrifice? Refusing to giggle?

Follow us on Twitter!

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Vicvic wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:48 pm Welcome to Minoo! :multi: She is beautiful and very special! :thumbs_up: I admire her colorful nails. Are they original or did you customize them?
Thanks Victor! Minoo has certainly been taking her sweet time making her entrance! Her hands came with the red nails painted on already. They are from a “Fox Demon” boxed set. I don’t remember who made it anymore. My Fraulein Mitzi doll uses the same hands.

agent0013 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:27 pm Cuteness is totally a power that can be used for evil! You think I wouldn't do anything she asked me to? Think again! An enchantress to be sure!

I can't wait to see what constitutes :evilbat: EVIL :evilbat: around the Minx Mansion... Bad manners? Not saying please and thank you? Ritual sacrifice? Refusing to giggle?
Well, one thing is for certain… the abuse of Mischief is definitely a bad thing!

:haha4:

Certainly, the struggle between Minoo and the Minxes will have a similar flavor to a “Good vs Evil” conflict, but it will be different. The motivations of my dolls are not so classically defined. Additionally, my dolls have an awareness of “being” dolls, and this creates a completely different reality for them… one that isn’t a simple mirror of our own.

While I’m still formulating the details of the struggle to come, the core ideological/theological conflict has presented itself to me…

Mischief vs Cuteness

As outsiders… being humans and not dolls… the conflict between Mischief and Cuteness shouldn’t make sense to us. This is similar to how many conflicts throughout history appear to the people who are not involved in them… mostly meaningless. Of course, not so between those embroiled in them. The details are EVERYTHING!

One thing I’ll mention now, just to put your mind at ease dear reader… violence will be treated differently in my Doll-Reality. No dolls will be harmed or suffer. Indeed, in this reality, dolls are indestructible… and they know it! Weapons have a much different effect…

But you’ll have to wait to find that out! 😜

INFORMATIONS