Starpery.com

Broken back repair on my Sabrina doll

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Siliconeman
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Broken back repair on my Sabrina doll

Post by Siliconeman »

desastre wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:21 pm Is this a common issue for SM dolls or this particular doll?
It is known issue for all dolls. In my case her leg joints at pelvis were extremely stiff and I did not realize that I should support her back while lifting her legs.

Always make sure that you do not cause stress to her back when lifting legs. This way your girl should avoid the back breakage.

Sili

desastre
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by desastre »

"I did not realize that I should support her back while lifting her legs"

Can you explain the scenario of what happens here? I'm struggling to picture what one is trying to do in this situation, what is happening, and how you should be supporting her back when this happens. Trying to learn from this.

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

I broke my Doll's back adjusting her, just be careful with anything that puts stress on her lower back.
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

When lifting her legs, with one hand press down hard just above her actual hip joint, which is at vagina level. This will stop the tortion from getting to her back joint, and lift her thigh with the other hand.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Bennybr
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Bennybr »

That's just amazing! You are a doll-ctor! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Freya is the best :)
2ND Doll: BestRealDoll 163cm Nicola

BBNICSM
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BBNICSM »

Thanks for the post Siliconeman, it gave me the confidence to try and fix the broken back of my doll. The break in mine was exactly the same as yours. I didn't have access to the tools you used, so I came up with a way to fix it with fewer tools. It took a lot of trial and error, but the final result is tight, there isn't any flopping around and the doll is back to about 90% functionality. Hopefully the repair holds.

Steps:
- My doll had a bolt welded to the hip tube, I broke it off
- cut a piece of wooden dowel to fit the hole in the hip tube
- Using JB Weld I partially filled the hole in the tube, then added the wooden dowel, then filled in the rest of the hole with JB weld.
- Let cure for 24hrs
- Cut a piece of rubber innertube wrapped it around the hip tube and taped it together
- Use a hose clamp to connect the upper body to the hip tube
- Add a U-bolt to re-enforce the hose clamp, tighten the bolts (In addition to the rectangular washer, I added some round washers)

My learnings were that the hip tube hole needed to be filled, because the upper part wasn't stable when clamped without the hole being filled. The rubber innertube helped the upper and lower parts from slipping around, and has stabilized the upper body. Good luck to anyone else attempting this repair, let us know if you come up with any other methods that improve on this one.
Attachments
The break.
The break.
B1A.png (803.78 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Removing bolt from the hip tube.
Removing bolt from the hip tube.
B2A.png (764.8 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Dowel cut to fit hip tube.
Dowel cut to fit hip tube.
B3a.png (281.66 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Hip tube partially filled with JB weld, and dowel
Hip tube partially filled with JB weld, and dowel
B4a.png (699.83 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Hip tube topped up with more JB weld
Hip tube topped up with more JB weld
B5a.png (498.98 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Rubber tube, and U-bolt
Rubber tube, and U-bolt
B6a.png (846.31 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Hose clamp connecting the upper and lower body. See the rubber tube wrapped around the hip tube.
Hose clamp connecting the upper and lower body. See the rubber tube wrapped around the hip tube.
B7a.png (2.88 MiB) Viewed 258 times
U-bolt added to the connection to give more strength. Takes a lot of time to make it fit. Note the white plastic from a yogurt pot placed between the TPE and the skeleton. It helps the clamp and bolt slide through the hole in the upper skeleton frame, and the hip tube.
U-bolt added to the connection to give more strength. Takes a lot of time to make it fit. Note the white plastic from a yogurt pot placed between the TPE and the skeleton. It helps the clamp and bolt slide through the hole in the upper skeleton frame, and the hip tube.
B8a.png (3.86 MiB) Viewed 258 times

HappyWabbit
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HappyWabbit »

👍

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

So simple
U Bolt and Hose clamp :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

I wish you the best, and admire your gumption.
For folks reviewing this repair to fix their own dolls I have to warn you this is not a strong or reliable approach.
The issue is the tortion created by bending the legs and/or bending the back. The tortion will cause the joint/u-bracket combination to rotate around the pelvic pipe. If you leave the threads projecting from the U-bracket they will rotate as the bracket rotates and shred the TPE or Silicone under the pelvic arch.

A more reliable fix for this type of break will re-distribute the rotational tortion to the descending legs of the pelvis (by adding "legs" to the brace that reach to the pelvic downpipe) or directly into the pelvic pipe itself (by extending the frictional surface of the brace to the pelvic pipe).
While the repair performed here will return the doll to sexual service, and will support sitting upright, it will not support multiple position changes, and probably not standing.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Synthian
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synthian »

desastre wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:54 pm "I did not realize that I should support her back while lifting her legs"

Can you explain the scenario of what happens here? I'm struggling to picture what one is trying to do in this situation, what is happening, and how you should be supporting her back when this happens. Trying to learn from this.
Hi desastre, here is how it happens and how to prevent it. Note, instead of your knee, you can just use your hand if the thigh-to-hip bolt/ball joint is loose enough. Ours is super stiff and makes a "crack" when first moved in a while.

Why the weld breaks from over leverage
Evie Skeleton Leverage.png
Evie Skeleton Leverage.png (141.93 KiB) Viewed 205 times
Proper way to lift legs when super stiff, only hand not knee is ok if loose enough
Thigh bends leg.jpg
Thigh bends leg.jpg (70.28 KiB) Viewed 205 times
Whether it be Human or Synthetic, love is love.

Evelyn's videos
viewtopic.php?t=168857

Siliconeman
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Siliconeman »

Synthian wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:57 pm
desastre wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:54 pm "I did not realize that I should support her back while lifting her legs"

Hi desastre, here is how it happens and how to prevent it. Note, instead of your knee, you can just use your hand if the thigh-to-hip bolt/ball joint is loose enough. Ours is super stiff and makes a "crack" when first moved in a while.

Why the weld breaks from over leverage
Evie Skeleton Leverage.png
Proper way to lift legs when super stiff, only hand not knee is ok if loose enough
Thigh bends leg.jpg
Great explanation with pictures!

Many thanks! If people would lift dolls legs this way we would have much less broken backs.

Cheers!

Sili

Thelord001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thelord001 »

That was a great repair job, well done.
But oh my... that pipe was just way too weak to support the dolls weight. Imo thats a manufacturing fault. Things like this should not happen. Have u informed the manufacturer?

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Statistically most dolls don't break, the few that do are generally posted here with the owners attempt to repair them
The resulting fixes are usually good enough for the owner, and that's all that matters to them
Some of us have mechanical skills and equipment, many don't

Just making the point that anyone who attempts to repair their doll in any way or form deserves our support :)

Synthian
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synthian »

Siliconeman wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:00 am Great explanation with pictures!

Many thanks! If people would lift dolls legs this way we would have much less broken backs.

Cheers!

Sili
Thanks Sili ! I appreciate you taking the time to comment :lol:
Cheers!
Synth
Whether it be Human or Synthetic, love is love.

Evelyn's videos
viewtopic.php?t=168857

SCR9000

Post by SCR9000 »

My doll broker her spine a little over a month after I purchased. I recieved no word from the seller, so distraught, I cut my doll in half about two inches above the belly button. the spine break was at the weld where the hip tube and spine join. it was a bad weld.

I drilled through the hip tube, and then drilled through the spine and the portion of the hiptube that was still welded to the spine. I ran a bolt through the hip tube and then JB welded that to fill the hollow space and better hold the bolt... bolt goes up from the bottom, I then took a grade 8 , 1 1/4" bolt, a grade 8 washer and a lock washer, and nut.( too long of a bolt and it will not fit when tightening and getting the nut started is a task) I then tightened her back together. I then placed U clamps on both sides of the spine from the hip tube and tightened them to keep her from turning where the bolt is. let her rest a week or so, and came back to retighten. I have not welded her skin back as of yet, but everything is holding. I have a stretchy cloth tube mask over the area where she was cut in half. fully functional. But man, that was difficult. Using power tools, particularly the spinning kind, around TPE is tedious.

I am going to wait a bit and see if she holds a bit more and then finish getting her back together.

INFORMATIONS