Starpery.com

Broken back repair on my Sabrina doll

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
mark81
Ex-Member

Re: Broken back repair on my Sabrina doll

Post by mark81 »

blimpbiscuit wrote:an smdoll with a skeleton issue as well
Blacklisting this manufacturer in 3.. 2 .. 1 .. Done!)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Skeletons are not manufactured using hi-tech production lines
Some of the higher priced dolls seem to have a better record of skeleton integrity
Still a bit of a lottery with dolls currently :)

mark81
Ex-Member

Post by mark81 »

seagull wrote:Skeletons are not manufactured using hi-tech production lines. ... Still a bit of a lottery
Agree.
And they should cost accordingly.

SaraHayes
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SaraHayes »

seagull wrote:Definitely reseal the stomach with a cold weld adhesive, Indigo's CWA or one of the 3M products
Going through the back is preferred as less material to cut

If you have access to a vice, file, disc grinder or metal hacksaw, then a Tee piece can be split and clamped around the damaged section
The result immobilizes that joint but it will be a solid skeleton again :)

thanks i might try to hacksaw it in the future. AF unfortunately welded a nut on each side of the hip in the front and back. so i will prob have to hammer those off before anything. stretching the tpe in the front is almost impossible i actually pulled a muscle doing so. so i think if i do ever try again i'll seal the front and make another cut in the back like suggested. at this point the doll is falling apart so much ill have to fix alot of it. ive decided to just box it for now and call it quits.

the one funny things is you can actually get it in a few better positions with a broken waist and it lines up better. but you cant store it because the top half will just fall over lol

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

At least if you have to go into quarantine, you'll have something to keep you busy :)

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

I went back in today to do some tweaking. Bubbles does not have a flat on that part under the bottom vertebrae, that piece is tubing but it's bent into a horseshoe. When I did the repair I was only able to get the top piece of the split pipe on it so it had some movement to it. Today I put better clamps on and I used some small pieces of couch foam in between everything so it had some bite to it. The reason I wanted to post is because I was experimenting with different chemicals to use as glue, while I didn't find anything that works as glue I did find that naphtha makes an amazing tpe cleaner. Wipe with naphtha, then clean with baby oil or mineral spirits to remove the remaining dirt and naptha. This works incredibly well for getting the stains off from where I had my hands all over her working.
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Good to see you have persevered with a difficult repair and got some stability
The curved pelvis needs a high level of skill and good equipment to repair to original :)

ConfusedCollegeKid

Post by ConfusedCollegeKid »

Don't mean to bring up an old thread, but i just had a similar breakage and i was wondering if you guys think it would be more or less fragile if I get a longer bolt and have it go through the entirety of the pelvis and the 2 additional support pipe pieces? On one hand it's holding onto more but bending the back joint will probably put strain on the pelvis now.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Bending the back joint, or the hips always puts pressure on the pelvis/spine connection, that's why they break.
Using a bolt that goes through the lower support half pipe, through a hole drilled into what is left of the pelvis cross tube, then through the upper support half pipe, ending being bolted to the lower back joint.
It does not isolate the tortional forces on the pelvis, in fact it concentrates them on the hole drilled into the stainless pelvis cross pipe. Lifting a tight thigh joint will put twisting force directly on the weakened area of the pelvis cross pipe.
UNLESS you can isolate the rotational/twisting stress on that pelvic crossbar. I can think of two ways to do that 1) TrailerPark method - rough the surface of the stainless/support contact areas, JB Weld the entire inside and clamp the two halves together as tightly as physics allows. Forget the dime-store screwdriver hose clamps and go get professional nut and bolt tightened clamps.
2) Cadillac method - extend the length of your upper and lower support pipes to go around the curve of the stainless steel pelvis and down an inch or two. Yes, the will be 10 inches to a foot long, yes they will be a bitch to bend correctly. However, with this geometry, tortional forces are allocated to trying to bend either the (whole) stainless descending pelvis pipe where the support pipe ends, or to bending the support pipe itself. The pelvic crossbar is effectively isolated from back or leg movement.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

ConfusedCollegeKid wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:52 pm Don't mean to bring up an old thread, but i just had a similar breakage and i was wondering if you guys think it would be more or less fragile if I get a longer bolt and have it go through the entirety of the pelvis and the 2 additional support pipe pieces? On one hand it's holding onto more but bending the back joint will probably put strain on the pelvis now.
The tubing tends to be thin so removing more material is probably not a good idea, and more drilling poses other challenges too, like more chips and stainless is a pain in the ass to drill and cut. Bubble is holding fine with the OP's method still.
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Damn. I love the ingenuity of men to fix things. I used to always just buy, buy, buy then I thought, "Wait! Why don't I try FIXING STUFF? I'm a man; we fix things!" First thing I fixed was my washing machine which I was about to throw out. Been saving myself a ton of cash ever since.

Anyway, how often do spines break on dolls and how soon?
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Cinnamon2077
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Cinnamon2077 »

Using the roll of tape to create a surgical window is inspired. I'm taking notes!
Alice: WM172D #168
- Personality: Action Girl
- Clothes: Optional

Cin's Photo Journal - Featuring Alice 8-O

jizzyjazzy23
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by jizzyjazzy23 »

Siliconeman wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:12 pm Hi all!

I recommend using both halves of the reinforcement pipe. At the pictures I have used only one half pipe but I recommend to use both halves covering the weak original pipe. I re-did my back repair one more time this way and her back feels very nice.

Cheers!

Siliconeman
Hi siliconeman, I had the same spine break that you did. I don't feel comfortable attempting this at home. If I sent my doll to you, would you be able to repair it? I'd pay you for your work.

Siliconeman
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Siliconeman »

jizzyjazzy23 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:17 pm
Siliconeman wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:12 pm Hi all!

I recommend using both halves of the reinforcement pipe. At the pictures I have used only one half pipe but I recommend to use both halves covering the weak original pipe. I re-did my back repair one more time this way and her back feels very nice.

Cheers!

Siliconeman
Hi siliconeman, I had the same spine break that you did. I don't feel comfortable attempting this at home. If I sent my doll to you, would you be able to repair it? I'd pay you for your work.
Hi!

Shipping dolls is expensive. And there is no guarantee how well the repair works. I recommend maybe sell her as defective and get a new doll and be more careful in the future.

For anyone wanting to keep their girls backs in good shape, please be very careful when lifting her legs. Always press her lower tummy when lifting her legs. This keeps the pressure off of that critical T-section where the break always happens. And always lift just one leg at the time.

Cheers!

Sili

desastre
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by desastre »

Is this a common issue for SM dolls or this particular doll?

INFORMATIONS