realsexdoll.com

Storage case??

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

David919191
Active Poster
Active Poster

Storage case??

Post by David919191 »

Hi guys

Well I took the plunge and ordered my first doll :D

However I have a question. I have been offered a storage case by the vender at a discount price.
The doll has standing feet and is a 156 D cup. Is it ok to permanently store her in the case either laying down or standing up when not in use.. I’ve read somewhere that laying down can cause deformation.

Any advice is very welcome.

David

cptchris

Re: Storage case??

Post by cptchris »

When I got my first I got the storage case to hide her in when having visitors and to protect her during shipping. When I moved (house) I realised it was an essential bit of kit as I didn't have to go to great lengths to move her in the middle of the night but stuck a fragile sticker on it and let the house-move guys do their job!

edit: I didn't actually answer the question :-) yes laying down is fine. Mine's always laying on the bed. Just need to roll her over from time to time although there are many and varied opinions on that.
My beautiful dolls
Gemma WM157B with head #57: at The Doll Album
Angel WM155G with head #36: at The Doll Album
Rachel KimberDoll with head WM#57: at The Doll Album

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

It really depends upon what type (meaning hardness) of the memory foam you are using to lay her down on... if she's a standing model you can stand her up and she will be fine all of my TPE dolls are standing models and they just stand around the house. If you have a non-standing model you can keep her on a memory foam mattress and turn her every now and then... :glou:

As far as cases you can probably build one cheaper than a premade model but if you do not have the tools then it would be a cost-effective way for your circumstances.
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

David919191
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by David919191 »

Thanks for the information guys it really is appreciated that you took the time to give the advice.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

We have sold this case and 50% of the time, the case arrives damaged.
The doll is fine.
If you get one, make sure wheels are packed in side.....
Remember, reaching in over a 4 wall box, is not easy.
Love,
Megan, DO, The BCD Girls
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_2661.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2661.jpg (224.9 KiB) Viewed 1783 times

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

David,

Storing your doll lying down is fine if down correctly.

The right kind of foam she lies on is essential.

The dolls I keep in trunks are on 2" of medium density upholstery foam topped with 3" of visco elastic memory foam.

You don't need to worry about reaching down and in to remove or replace the doll inside as you will keep the doll on a sheet which can be used to cradle the doll (like in a hammock) and that becomes an effective way to ease the doll in and out.

A sheet is your best friend when needing to move the doll anywhere to a location or around on a bed.

I have attached a couple of photos of my dolls in their storage trunks.

SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

cptchris

Post by cptchris »

siliconelover wrote: A sheet is your best friend when needing to move the doll anywhere to a location or around on a bed.
Such a great idea.
My beautiful dolls
Gemma WM157B with head #57: at The Doll Album
Angel WM155G with head #36: at The Doll Album
Rachel KimberDoll with head WM#57: at The Doll Album

bunk93
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bunk93 »

Where did you buy this case? What was the cost and dimensions?

siliconelover wrote:David,

Storing your doll lying down is fine if down correctly.

The right kind of foam she lies on is essential.

The dolls I keep in trunks are on 2" of medium density upholstery foam topped with 3" of visco elastic memory foam.

You don't need to worry about reaching down and in to remove or replace the doll inside as you will keep the doll on a sheet which can be used to cradle the doll (like in a hammock) and that becomes an effective way to ease the doll in and out.

A sheet is your best friend when needing to move the doll anywhere to a location or around on a bed.

I have attached a couple of photos of my dolls in their storage trunks.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Here you go bunk ... I thought I had included the purchase info.

Link to The Case Store and the trunk I purchased on ebay > https://www.ebay.com/itm/EXTRA-LONG-60x ... 1635735108

Here is a link to the shorter one (in height) in case that is what you are interested in. I opted for the taller because I keep a wedge pillow under my dolls backs to keep them bent slightly at the waist to relieve strain on their hips and to help keep their asses rounded. I also have 5" of foam on the bottom. 2" of medium density upholstery foam topped with 3 " of visco elastic memory foam. > https://www.ebay.com/itm/EXTRA-LONG-60x ... 1152047789

They have gone up in price a bit since I purchased mine. They are decent built trunks, I have seen better but they serve their purpose well.

They also come with Heavy Duty 5" urethane casters that you can attach. I have not installed mine.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower »

From bitter experience, I'd caution against storing and especially moving her standing in the case. The entire weight of the doll is being supported by the knee joints, and this is especially bad when you're rolling the case over rough pavement or worse, over steps. I think this is why my girl's knees can no longer support her weight, so I'd recommend sitting a doll in a wheelchair whenever moving her.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Rowsdower wrote:From bitter experience, I'd caution against storing and especially moving her standing in the case. The entire weight of the doll is being supported by the knee joints, and this is especially bad when you're rolling the case over rough pavement or worse, over steps. I think this is why my girl's knees can no longer support her weight, so I'd recommend sitting a doll in a wheelchair whenever moving her.
FYI: The doll is laying down and the wheels attach to the bottom.

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

Both of my dolls sleep on body pillows on a cart I made from a creeper and a piece of wood. The smaller one has been stored on a body pillow since December/2018, and the larger since May/2019. Neither doll has any flat spots or anything, I did take the plastic the pillows come in and turn them inside out so no print or colors would be on the outside.
A while back one of them weeped a little oil onto an outfit so I keep the plastic on so oil doesn't wick out.

The cart rolls nicely into a Christmas tree storage bag, my big one is a 140cm, were she 145cm she wouldn't fit.
The workbench has a hidden door panel that swings up and rools back.
20190607_143029.jpg
20190607_143029.jpg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 1658 times
20190607_143658.jpg
20190607_143658.jpg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 1658 times

Taylr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Taylr »

I guess the question then becomes does it make sense to use the hanging option if you don't have to worry about others seeing them? I am installing two hangers from a wall (yes, well anchored in the studs, of course), hanging two of the dolls and covering them to keep them dust free. I will also put up a fabric curtain on shower-curtain aluminum tubing, or easier access when I want to put them on display.
When one encounters a situation or circumstance the reason for which appears illusive it is best to ask one's self; cui bono? Who benefits?

Sanhui - 145cm C Sakura Head
Sanhui - 102cm
6YE Doll - 132cm #3 Hd
ASDoll - 160cm Male
WMDoll - 168cm A #160 Hd

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

I'm unsure but personally I don't like the idea of tpe or silicone hanging linearly on the skeleton. It seems like the weight would want to pull the skin down while the skeleton remains stationary but others do it.
Perhaps different manufacturers and different body types respond differently. I wouldn't want the weight of my 140cm's breasts pulling down for example, and her feet are already skewed from what appears to be hanging out of the mold while still warm.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Some dolls are made to and literally have to be hung.

ReaLDOLL's must be because of their gel implants. Their skeletons are made to be hung.

MPD/Mechadoll's as well.

Be aware that gravity will play it's part so you need to take precautions, A good non wired bra is essential.

My Leeloo has been hanging for 11 years now and I didn't understand this in the beginning. No one really did, this was back in the day !

My Boy Toy has been hanging for 9 years with no ill effects. Much of that has to do with her type of silicone.

My Ruby13 must be stored laying down. Her build and silicone has proven excellent and at 7 years still looks amazing.

Use your head, store your doll in the best way possible.

INFORMATIONS