www.6yedollglobal.com/

"Loose" vs "Normal" vs "Tight" Joints. First Time Buyer.

6Ye is an all time ready & customer-centric team offering beautiful, realistic and soulful looking sex dolls. Our hand-crafted dolls are a piece of art for us. We have been in the business over 4 years, serving customers all over the world. We do not handle retail sales. Please feel free to inquire for our dolls, then purchase from our authorized resellers.
DaveDurable

"Loose" vs "Normal" vs "Tight" Joints. First Time Buyer.

Post by DaveDurable »

(skip to the numbers to avoid my intro)
I'm almost ready to spend what may amount to ~$2-3,000 on an artificial woman. I've owned everything from Fleshlight products (30+ sleeves, Launch, Quickshot Launch, etc.), to a Robot Sex Machine (just Google, it's intense), which have all been excellent, but I feel like this is the next step. HOWEVER, I have a few important questions that some more experienced forum members may be able to help me with, and I thank you in advance for any advice you can give.

From what I've seen so far, it seems like the dolls made by 6YE are the most premium/realistic/posable/well-built dolls for the $2-3k price range (correct me if I'm wrong). I've seen 2 or 3 from WM that I think are REALLY hot, but I would rather have a better, more usable doll if one exists in the same ballpark price range. From my research I have seen that the 6YE doll joints are offered in three different "tension ranges:" loose, normal, and tight.

I feel like the Loose option would be most realistic if it moves slightly while you're going at it, but if it's not able to hold a pose at all, it may feel like banging a corpse. On the other end of the spectrum, I worry that the Tight option may be too much like banging a mannequin, and that it may ruin the experience. Ideally, I believe I would like one that I could prop up against a wall in a standing pose while I go at it. It doesn't need to stand on its own, but it would be nice if it could stand against a wall or in a corner of a room. That being said, I also think it would be hot if an arm fell while I was hammering hard, but I fear I may be wanting my cake, and to eat it, too. This leads me to strongly considering the "normal" tension.

This brings me to my first question: what the heck is "normal" compared to loose/tight joints? Which have all of you found to be most ideal? The positions I would most like to bang her in are missionary with her legs up, standing against a wall, and doggy. Ideally, I'd like to pick her up and bang her against a wall with her legs and arms swinging, but that seems like it would require a different joint tension than what would allow her to stand/hold her legs in missionary/hold a doggy pose on her knees.

1.) I have read that the Loose tension on 6YE dolls is best for first time buyers, which I am, but I value the opinions from people who have already tried maybe 2 or 3 out of the three different tension choices. Which do you prefer, and why?
2.) Do I NEED the standing feet (with ugly bolts showing) in order to prop her up against a wall, standing?
3.) Does joint tension determine whether or not she can stand, as well as the type of feet? (i.e. will she just collapse with loose joints, or can she still be propped up in the standing position in, say, the corner of a room?)

I apologize for the lengthy post, but I value your input. Thank you!

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Re: "Loose" vs "Normal" vs "Tight" Joints. First Time Buyer.

Post by Studio »

Standing feet and tight joints will help you dress and pose her, the joints will loosen over time. Loose joints may not be able to stand at all.

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

To me, a loose doll is a headache.
Hard to pose for photos and more important, hard to pose for sex.
If you want to do more than missionary or maybe cowgirl ( big maybe) you want tighter joints.
Tight joints makes posing more possible and makes your doll easier to move around.
Just my opinion.....

:glou:
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

Dick Vicious
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dick Vicious »

I have a WM doll. From my experience a dolls joints become loose. I have gone in to tighten the knee joints after they became too loose. Other joints like the hip, and shoulders and neck have become loose as well. In my opinion, if I had a choice, I would go for tight joints. I think over time and wear and tear, the joints will loosen a bit anyways.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

I don't have personal experience with a 6Ye doll ... but in general, loose joints are best if your doll is your bed companion. Tight joints are best if posing (photography), including standing poses, are most important.

As posted in this thread, tight joints often will loosen in time, but also be aware that tight joints can be difficult -if you push too hard, or wrongly, you may damage the doll.

Kira-sama
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Kira-sama »

Tight joints are best. The doll will not fall out of position, will be easier to carry, and can stand if she has standing feet. The joints will become "normal" and then "loose" over time due to moving the joints and, from what I believe is happening, the metal surface being ground away. So, you will get to see what each option is like and what works best for you.

setevoltas
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by setevoltas »

Agreed with everything said so far. Loose joints and standing with any degree of stability is not likely, especially if you have sex standing up in mind as well.

I'd order "normal" and keep your fingers crossed. Tight might be a little intimidating to adjust for a new owner not used to the amount of force required.
Sete's Gatas
Instagram - @setesartphotography

Mazinga
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Mazinga »

I have had about 5 dolls of different brands and all with rigid joints ... now I also have one with completely loose joints and I can assure you that it is the best of all.
Dolls with rigid joints are good for taking photos or particular poses, but for a more realistic sex experience, loose joints are the best.
With rigid joints you will feel like you are holding a rigid rubber mannequin, while with loose joints it is like having a real woman in bed, it seems that she is sleeping or is under anesthesia, but body movements are much more realistic :wink:
Even if the doll has full loose joints, it is still possible to put it in different poses...so the movements are 100% natural !

DaveDurable

Post by DaveDurable »

Thank you all for your input!

I think I shall have to get at least two of these dolls: one with loose joints and normal feet for on the couch/in the bed, and one with tight joints and standing feet for posing.
A tight lower half with loose joints in the torso seems like it would be fun. Has anyone tried requesting that from a manufacturer? Is that somewhat like the "shrugging shoulders?"

Has anyone ever tried using a Fleshlight sleeve as an insert in a removable vagina doll? The body of those sleeves looks very similar in diameter to the inserts for some of these dolls, at least in photos and videos, and that would drastically enhance the longevity/experience with a doll, at least from my total noob perspective. :n00b:

HappyWabbit
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HappyWabbit »

DaveDurable wrote:Thank you all for your input!

I think I shall have to get at least two of these dolls: one with loose joints and normal feet for on the couch/in the bed, and one with tight joints and standing feet for posing.
A tight lower half with loose joints in the torso seems like it would be fun. Has anyone tried requesting that from a manufacturer? Is that somewhat like the "shrugging shoulders?"

Has anyone ever tried using a Fleshlight sleeve as an insert in a removable vagina doll? The body of those sleeves looks very similar in diameter to the inserts for some of these dolls, at least in photos and videos, and that would drastically enhance the longevity/experience with a doll, at least from my total noob perspective. :n00b:

There you go, already ahead of the game that's why most of us have more than one doll. Welcome to the Doll World.

Kira-sama
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Kira-sama »

setevoltas wrote:Agreed with everything said so far. Loose joints and standing with any degree of stability is not likely, especially if you have sex standing up in mind as well.

I'd order "normal" and keep your fingers crossed. Tight might be a little intimidating to adjust for a new owner not used to the amount of force required.
While I ordering a doll, I always tell the manufacturer "joints tight, but not too tight". Not sure if that would be considered "normal" tightness, but it doesn't seem to require effort to the point where you're exhausted with the exception of my WM's back joint. For some reason, my WM has an extremely tight back joint.

setevoltas
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by setevoltas »

Kira-sama wrote:
setevoltas wrote:Agreed with everything said so far. Loose joints and standing with any degree of stability is not likely, especially if you have sex standing up in mind as well.

While I ordering a doll, I always tell the manufacturer "joints tight, but not too tight". Not sure if that would be considered "normal" tightness, but it doesn't seem to require effort to the point where you're exhausted with the exception of my WM's back joint. For some reason, my WM has an extremely tight back joint.
Totally agreed. I think tight but not overtight is a smart way to phrase it.

Careful with that tight back joint. I had a doll that I was basically putting into a camel clutch to budge lol. Funny thing is that when the joint snapped, I was just using arm power to try to move it. Looking back, I wish I had just set it at a slight arch and then left it alone.
Sete's Gatas

DaveDurable

Post by DaveDurable »

setevoltas wrote: Totally agreed. I think tight but not overtight is a smart way to phrase it.
If ordering "tight, but not too tight" joints, that would be with the intention of being able to pose the doll standing up, correct? The last thing I want is to order the wrong combo of joints/feet.

Right now, I'm thinking of the 6YE Amor Doll 153cm D-cup "Hermina" with tight joints (easier to move because it's the heavier of the two), and/or a WM 166cm with #159 Head with loose joints http://wmdollshop.com/55-ft-166cm-with-159-head/ (I think this is one of the hottest dolls I've seen so far, even if it's older tech than the 6ye skeleton). Thank you all for your guidance!

Kira-sama
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Kira-sama »

DaveDurable wrote:
setevoltas wrote: Totally agreed. I think tight but not overtight is a smart way to phrase it.
If ordering "tight, but not too tight" joints, that would be with the intention of being able to pose the doll standing up, correct? The last thing I want is to order the wrong combo of joints/feet.
For positions where the legs aren't completely straight, I would get tight joints, not "tight, but not too tight" joints. This may make the joints require alot of effort to bend though. The ankles on two of my dolls (AF and JY) were/are tight when moving them by hand, but were/are easily moved when the dolls were standing and leaning forward. If the legs are completely straight, then "tight, but not too tight" joints should be fine.

setevoltas
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by setevoltas »

The other wild card to toss in is that I have seen a great deal of variation between manufacturers on this point. Some dolls arrive super tight when this wasn't requested, some super loose. So if standing and posing is as much or more of a priority than sex, go with the "tight" option and keep your fingers crossed. That way if she arrives closer to normal it won't be a huge big deal (standing should be fine) and if she arrives super loose, you have a legit beef with the vendor/ manufacturer.

Hope this is helping and not getting too complicated.
Sete's Gatas

INFORMATIONS