www.asdolls.com

REVIEW - ASDOLL 'LUNA' HEAD ON 175CM DOLL

AS Doll offers the best in high quality TPE dolls, with new designs being added all the time, keeping us at the front of doll innovation. We are a friendly and reliable manufacture with an emphasis on customer service.
http://www.asdolls.com
FCD94
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

REVIEW - ASDOLL 'LUNA' HEAD ON 175CM DOLL

Post by FCD94 »

ASDOLL "LUNA" HEAD FROM ASDOLL

IMG - 175 - 26 - resize.jpg
IMG - 175 - 26 - resize.jpg (205.74 KiB) Viewed 7275 times
*I have also posted more pics of this ASDoll head in my 175CM Review thread. I will be posting more pics both here, and in that thread.

This is a new TPE head which I purchased from Jo and Cathy at ASDoll for my 175CM model TPE doll. I had several options in mind and eventually settled on this one after some feedback from Panther68 who was also kind enough to post some pics of the Luna head on an ASDoll 168 body, a larger head-body combination than had been seen previously.

Although the head was originally released with a much smaller doll (the ASDoll 157), and is a smaller sized head, the face is just large enough that it still looks quite good on what is currently one of the tallest TPE dolls available at 175CM.

COSMETICS:
This was a marked difference from the first head I have for this doll. I supplied a reference picture to ask if something similar might be available, and this was a custom job done by request and is done by a different artist. ASDoll really went to alot of trouble to do this well, and Jo was really great about organising everything. When I received the head, all I did was brighten the teeth using a flat brush dipped in a little mineral oil, and white eye shadow powder. Once dried this lasts well.

The eyes are again MannequinFan eyes - MF02 Green Brown Flare. Again I have not fitted the eyelids, there is just not enough room in the eye sockets for them, and the result is a bug-eyed look. The eyes work perfectly without the lids however and they are definitely one of the very best items you can purchase for any doll.

FUTURE IMPROVEMENT:
The Luna head IS on the smaller side. Again, the face is the right size but the skull behind it is small. I have added soft packing in a wig cap under the wig to pad it out, otherwise it does not fit. I would recommend doing this, particularly if you want to use a lace front wig like the ones in this thread. This is something I am noticing with JY/AS/AF/JL/etc. TPE heads - I do think in future this needs to be changed. The TPE heads DO need to be larger, particularly now that the size of the dolls is often larger. A head size roughly the same size as WM would be a good place to start. This could be done if the fiberglass shell were made larger. AS and JY are really good with sculpting faces, and if the skulls were made of a size to better match the great faces they make, this would be a big improvement.

SUMMARY:
This face is really cute! I like it, and I can recommend it! I am also really pleased with the additional work that ASDoll did with the makeup - thanks so much to Jo and Cathy! I really do recommend them, they're great! Any queries you have about the Luna head, or any of the other great things ASDoll make, don't hesitate to ask them! :D

IMG - 175 - 27 - resize.jpg
IMG - 175 - 27 - resize.jpg (193.43 KiB) Viewed 7275 times

THIS THREAD IS SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSES OF SHOWING THIS DOLL. IF YOU WANT TO POST PICS OF YOUR DOLL, OR SOME OTHER, PLEASE MAKE A NEW THREAD. THANKS!

Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: REVIEW - ASDOLL 'LUNA' HEAD ON 175CM DOLL

Post by Panther68 »

She looks amazing, FCD. Between the Luna head and Alicia Silverstone, oopps, I mean your JY head, you have a striking combo. I still have Luna on the 168. It just suits her better then the muscular 166 body. Here is a photo, so every one can compare the standard make up versus your custom make up.

:glou:

FCD94
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FCD94 »

Thanks Panther! I agree - the Luna head on the AS168 is a great combination! Many thanks for all your help and patience with this, I really do appreciate it! :D

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

Very nice FCD :) I think that AS have some lovely heads.

I agree about the head size. The JY #167 is certainly on the small side, front to back, which does make fitting wigs more difficult (I've yet to try out your padding idea, but sounds good). I think some JY heads are better than others in this respect, e.g. #102. It's a pity that the websites don't show the heads in profile as well as from the front.

Just given myself an idea: start a thread doing precisely that - I have three JYs and a Sino and could start the ball rolling :)
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

kryten1
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by kryten1 »

Wow

FCD94
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FCD94 »

PDutus wrote:Very nice FCD :) I think that AS have some lovely heads.

Thanks PDutus! And yes they do!

kryten1 wrote:Wow
Thanks kryten1!

IMG - 175 - 24A - resize.jpg
IMG - 175 - 24A - resize.jpg (162.54 KiB) Viewed 7113 times

IMG - 175 - 28 - resize.jpg
IMG - 175 - 28 - resize.jpg (140.42 KiB) Viewed 7113 times

garriola83
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by garriola83 »

Wow shes a beauty!

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

AS has some very nice faces...LUNA, RAVEN, ect

koterski
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by koterski »

Hi, very nice head and face. Is it a normal size? From my experience (I have one 6YE doll) the size is very important - If the head is slightly smaller compared to the rest of the proportions it doesn't look well. But a proper wig always fixes those issues.
Anyway, nice head

FCD94
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FCD94 »

koterski wrote:Hi, very nice head and face. Is it a normal size? From my experience (I have one 6YE doll) the size is very important - If the head is slightly smaller compared to the rest of the proportions it doesn't look well. But a proper wig always fixes those issues.
Anyway, nice head

I agree - there are a number of small heads out there which are really only intended for small dolls and look bizarre perched on a large body. Some manufacturers do separate these into different categories, and some vendors do try to make it clear that a particular head is not intended for a particular doll, but not all do (and likely not all customers listen). 8O

The Luna HEAD is on the smaller side, the FACE itself does proportionally fit the doll. I noticed the same thing with the first head I got with my doll. As a comparison, the faces are around the same size as a WM162 FACE, but the skull behind it is considerably smaller. I really hope this is something that the manufacturers are able to improve someday - they need a new, larger shell inside the head. To properly fit a lace-front wig, you will need to add stuffing to a wig cap and place that on first. It works fine.

DDebonair

Post by DDebonair »

OMG love his face as it has a uncanny resemblance to Andressa Soares.
My question is can i combine this head with a WM/YL body or any other manufacturer?

DARKSUN
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DARKSUN »

Wow is right. She is one very beautiful girl. :D
10/10 would marry :o
Current doll: Starpery 156cm Hedy
Past Dolls: PiperDoll Akira 160cm Silicone - WM 155cm DD (TPE) - JY 140cm Huge Boobs Adelaide (TPE) - Starpery 156cm Hedy
Wish List: too many to list
Doll Reviews:
JY 140CM Adelaide
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=101883
Piperdoll Akira 160cm
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=129608
Starpery 156cm Hedy
viewtopic.php?f=548&t=149180

jazzman
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jazzman »

a beautiful latina face right? incredibly beautiful

FCD94
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FCD94 »

DDebonair wrote:OMG love his face as it has a uncanny resemblance to Andressa Soares.
My question is can i combine this head with a WM/YL body or any other manufacturer?
Hi DDebonair! Yes you can combine this head with a WM/YL body, but there are slight differences. I have test fitted both this and another head to a WM157 body, and they do fit just fine. They use the same size neck bolts. The WM heads have a larger skull, and space where the head joins to the neck is slightly larger. The circumference of the neck at the very top where it slots into the head is almost the same on the WM157 and my 175CM doll. The fit of these heads on the WM157 is snug, and the look is proportional to the smaller body. I only have those two bodies to fit this head to - I will ask around to see if anyone else is able.

DARKSUN wrote:Wow is right. She is one very beautiful girl.
Thanks! :D

Jo/Cathy really did a great job organizing the custom cosmetic finish on this doll - credit to them!

jazzman wrote:a beautiful latina face right? incredibly beautiful
Thanks! Yes, this doll is really striking - I have tried to show what I see in person, as this is how I tend to have my doll dressed and standing at home when not in use. Pics do distort shape and color, but this is really close to what I see. :D

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

Very, very nice :)
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)