dollstudio.org

Introducing Xycolo

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
kanna
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Introducing Xycolo

Post by kanna »

I wonder if Xycolo could be persuaded to work out how to take light field photos of their dolls and publish them as a free app to be used with SteamVR (and other VR systems).
There's a free app in SteamVR called "Welcome to Light Fields" that has a small collection of examples of what this tech can do. If you've ever wanted to see a space shuttle and
feel like you're really there, this app can do that, provided you have a headset with sufficient visual quality (Vive Pro was enough for me).

I think that tech could really sell dolls much better than regular photos can. Especially the more realistic dolls.
Dolls:
Kanna / 叶愛 - Dollhouse 168 EVO-156 + Sasa Head
Asami / 朝瑞 - Piperdoll PI-150/B Akira
Ibuki / 気吹 - Xycolo XCOS-153/LB + Mumu head
Elena / 恵恋愛 - Tayu 148D + Naimei head
Uzuna / 愛絆 - Real Girl 158C + R25 head
Kirara / 希羅良 - DH168 80cm anime doll (silicone)

Aeron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Aeron »

Dollstudio wrote:Not sure how the knee joints work. It looks like cogwheels which would have to be encapsulated somehow
It looks like it might be that the "teeth" are machined right into the metal limb. It's interesting the knees seem to operate "around" the knee joint rather than having a real singular joint. Probably not the point but the only way they could figure out how to implement the special characteristic of its knees, which is they lock and can't hyper extend.

Regarding the articulated fingers, while it's a great move forward, I think they got the proportion of the finger bones (phalanges) wrong. The thumb is the most obvious that's wrong, but the other fingers also look like the proximal phalange is too long.

Edit: I also noticed when there is silicon over the skeleton, the way the silicon bends is pretty disturbing. The elbows are the most obvious, but the shoulders look strange as well.

Colonel Angus
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Colonel Angus »

Also, if they only have 3 body styles, why are you only carrying 2 of them? No love for small boobs?

xseria

Post by xseria »

So this is where they went. This skeleton is probably the best on the market if looks are any indication. No welds = easier repairs. It isn't like Silicone dolls are throwaway items to begin with but with a skeleton like this the doll is sure to live longer than its owner. That peace of mind could possibly justify the price tag for some. Nice work by a new company.
>Tell your world_

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Aeron wrote:Regarding the articulated fingers, while it's a great move forward, I think they got the proportion of the finger bones (phalanges) wrong. The thumb is the most obvious that's wrong, but the other fingers also look like the proximal phalange is too long.
Wow! Isn't this a great time to be alive? A couple of months ago we were still mourning distorted or broken finger wires, and now we have jumped with lightspeed to a discussion if the proximal phalange is too long. That is sooo awesome :-)

@Aeron: Yes, Xycolo's dolls will most probably not be perfect. No manufacturer has accomplished this yet. So one of the tasks at hand will be to find out where the (relevant) weaknesses are, and for which use case these dolls might be less suited.

Regarding articulated finger joints, I noticed how hard this is to mechanically implement when I 3D printed parts for my InMoov robot. Below is InMoov's hand, approximately life-sized, articulated fingers (well, plus some robotics controlled by an Arduino):
DSC04802.jpg
DSC04802.jpg (315.59 KiB) Viewed 3363 times
It's a 'bit' clumpsy. With machined metal parts, the segments could be probably more elegant. But the bones in a human hand are really delicate. For the time being, a certain level of abstraction will be unavoidable.

What counts mostly in a silicone doll is - imho - appearance, functionality and durability. In regard to appearance, I do not have any complaints…
2F7A7350.jpg
2F7A7350.jpg (210.04 KiB) Viewed 3363 times
At least for me, the visuals provided by this hand skeleton are clearly good enough. Actually, I find these hands stunning. If too long proximal phalanges is what it takes to get this result, after pouring silicone over it, I am fine with it.

Regarding functionality I might have a wish - fully opposing thumbs. I'm not sure yet, but from alignment of the joints, the Xycolo hands are rather raccoon hands, again. We will see about that in the upcoming unboxing review. And regarding durability, time will tell; but at least I am predicting that these metal joints will be more durable than my PLA printed InMoov parts… :roll:

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

let's take a look at the latest Xycolo body style: Body C or C(153 lb) aka XC-153/E was released in August 2019.

Body measurements: 83 cm × 55 cm × 84 cm (BWH), body height ~153 and body weight ~23 kg (mfr. specs).

Her under bust circumference of 63 cm makes her an E cup (65E EU, 80E FR) respectively D cup (30D UK, 30D US).
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0371.jpg
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0371.jpg (115.74 KiB) Viewed 3345 times
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0379.jpg
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0379.jpg (145.1 KiB) Viewed 3345 times
All pictures in this post show the pink pale skin color.

Some body details of this beautiful sculpt:

Upper chest and breasts:
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0388.jpg
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0388.jpg (179.29 KiB) Viewed 3345 times
Hands and fingers:
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0419.jpg
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0419.jpg (129.76 KiB) Viewed 3345 times
Regarding finger & toe nail options, Xycolo is similarily restrained like Doll Sweet. The only options are natural or none. I guess the latter one means: no glued-on finger nails, instead silicone painted.

Backside and butt:
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0384.jpg
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0384.jpg (193.26 KiB) Viewed 3345 times
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0400.jpg
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0400.jpg (138.26 KiB) Viewed 3345 times
In the photo above the placement of vagina and anus is visible (yes, Xycolo dolls do have an anus). I think the placement does not leave much room for complains, at least it looks quite right to me.

Frontside and vulva area:
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0403.jpg
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0403.jpg (142.21 KiB) Viewed 3345 times
For furry lovers: Xycolo offers optionally stitched ('implanted') pubic hair. Though, I haven't seen yet how it looks.

Lady parts from behind:
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0404.jpg
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0404.jpg (137.88 KiB) Viewed 3345 times
And last but not least the legs and feet:
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0424.jpg
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0424.jpg (98.36 KiB) Viewed 3345 times
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0427.jpg
xycolo-xc-153e-body-palepink-skin-0427.jpg (90.46 KiB) Viewed 3345 times
Again a very nice sculpt with a good level of details and anatomically sane movements. I do like these feet (btw, the foot length is specified to be 21 cm; that would be shoe size 34 [DE], 1.5 [UK] or 3.5 [US]).

However, there is a catch. Similar to Doll Sweet, Xycolo refuses to mount bolts/pegs into the soles of the feet. So there is no ugly, but rock-solid standing capability like available for Z-Onedoll, Sino-doll, or Hitdoll/Ildoll. Judging from the large foot plate shown in the skeleton pictures, there is a reasonable chance that Xycolo ladies's feet can touch the floor shortly without hurting themselfes, but officially they are non-standing dolls.

The Xycolo XC-153/E is now listed on the Dollstudio sites:
The lead time to create a Xycolo XC-153/E is around four weeks. We believe that it is safe to ship this body style picky destinations like Norway, North America, Canada, Australia and the UK.

Sandro

https://twitter.com/DollStudioEU/status ... 55040?s=20
https://twitter.com/DollStudioEU/status ... 52992?s=20
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Pip-Doll88
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pip-Doll88 »

Wow she looks fantastic, the placement does look good as well. At 23kg that's super light.

Any chance can get the 170 behind shots too? Haven't seen any for comparison.

But between Gynoid and Xycolo it might be hard to choose with similar price points. :o

svevo

Post by svevo »

Very helpful to see pictures of both the bodies unclothed. I'm not really a fan of the thin waist with big tits look though :|
I guess that is where the market is? It's strange given the surveys I've seen on TDF have shown a greater proprtion of people looking for something more real.
If XYColo can build that 170cm body at the advertised weight, I would hope that a 163cm with a bit more flesh on the arms and waist and a B-cup would be attainable at a similar weight.
The smaller body is the better proportioned for me, but the heads available look too immature. I like quite a few of the 170 heads though and the skeleton, hands and weight control looks very promising.

manobon
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by manobon »

XC-153/E looks Amazing - if I didn't have a Gynoid on order, this would be the one I would want to buy.

Really hope they can work on more softness for the breasts and butt!

kanna
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by kanna »

This body is very close to what I like and doesn't even look shiny. The breasts are too big, but other than that it's very close to what I'd call perfect. I understand they have two versions of this body with different breast sizes, but otherwise identical. Bust of 83cm vs 73cm. I got the impression that they don't want to sell the smaller bust body to Europe though. If they could make me one with bust of 76-80cm, I'd be very interested, though.

The lack of standing option suited for leaving the doll standing for prolonged periods of time does complicate owning her a little, though. That's a solvable problem, though.
Dolls:
Kanna / 叶愛 - Dollhouse 168 EVO-156 + Sasa Head
Asami / 朝瑞 - Piperdoll PI-150/B Akira
Ibuki / 気吹 - Xycolo XCOS-153/LB + Mumu head
Elena / 恵恋愛 - Tayu 148D + Naimei head
Uzuna / 愛絆 - Real Girl 158C + R25 head
Kirara / 希羅良 - DH168 80cm anime doll (silicone)

dxc
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dxc »

The non-standing remark now really did kill off my enthusiasm.
I was looking at the Ruoye photoset where it appears the doll is standing in high heels and even balancing extreme positions in these shoes. From seeing this I would have never imagined the dolls would not be coming as "standing-ready". For me this is a big part for convenience of lifting the doll and having a way of storage that does not require much space nor extra furniture or constructs.
Maybe something I would have to live with if I ever wanna upgrade to a more high end doll, since it seems that standing is not really something with a priority for the manufacturers of these dolls. But I honestly do not understand it.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

@dxc: As I mentioned in Weekly summary 29/2019, about 95% of my customers want standing capability. Customers not wanting standing capability are a pronounced exception. I don't know if other vendors have similar stats, but for all I know, standing capability and enhancing support for standing is a hot topic. So I don't understand the priorities of manufacturers, either.

@kanna: I am hesitant to put Body B into limelight, because I do not want RoC 1 discussions in this thread, and because this body style will not be available in certain regions. Though, for most parts of continental Europe I do not see a problem. I agree with you that this body style - together with Doll Sweet's DS-145 Minus - is close to what I consider an ideal body shape. Both dolls are just ~15% too short ;-)

For what is worth, here is a peek:
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-palepink-skin-6647.jpg
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-palepink-skin-6647.jpg (130.49 KiB) Viewed 3305 times
Sandro

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

For me, the standing option is very important too.

But it seems to me, looking at photos of the skeleton, that the footplate is a pretty hefty, substantial design. So maybe the dolls can stand, but don't need the usual ugly protruding bolts to do so.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

PDutus wrote:But it seems to me, looking at photos of the skeleton, that the footplate is a pretty hefty, substantial design. So maybe the dolls can stand, but don't need the usual ugly protruding bolts to do so.
I agree that the foot plate has everything you would want for standing without bolts (large bearing surface, deburred edges…), and I believe that the feet can touch the floor shortly without getting injured. Also a 26 kg doll has a much better chance for undamaged standing than a 36 kg doll. Obviously that needs to be put to the test.

However, Xycolo states that their dolls are not designed for standing, so it might be a bit like with certain Japanese dolls which simply can stand, but it is not a specified/supported feature.

Sandro

Colonel Angus
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Colonel Angus »

Dollstudio wrote:@dxc: As I mentioned in Weekly summary 29/2019, about 95% of my customers want standing capability. Customers not wanting standing capability are a pronounced exception. I don't know if other vendors have similar stats, but for all I know, standing capability and enhancing support for standing is a hot topic. So I don't understand the priorities of manufacturers, either.

@kanna: I am hesitant to put Body B into limelight, because I do not want RoC 1 discussions in this thread, and because this body style will not be available in certain regions. Though, for most parts of continental Europe I do not see a problem. I agree with you that this body style - together with Doll Sweet's DS-145 Minus - is close to what I consider an ideal body shape. Both dolls are just ~15% too short ;-)

For what is worth, here is a peek:
xycolo-xc-153aa-body-palepink-skin-6647.jpg
Sandro

Do you know if the Angel head would be compatible with this body, or only the taller one? If not, that makes me sad. I very much like some of the faces shown on the taller model, but not really any of those shown on the 153.

INFORMATIONS