betterlovedoll.com

Why are sex dolls becoming so popular

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Why are sex dolls becoming so popular

Post by RainLover »

2019-10-21 Chart Attack - why are sex dolls becoming so popular.png
2019-10-21 Chart Attack - why are sex dolls becoming so popular.png (316.36 KiB) Viewed 3279 times
Mitrovman Mitrovski for Chart Attack wrote:Love dolls have been creeping into the mainstream for quite a few years now thanks to companies like Abyss Creations, who have seen huge media exposure for their innovative hyper-realistic dolls and advancing robotics. WM dolls have also been a pioneer, who started out with regular shop mannequins and evolved to more complex dolls but all that had been relatively underground until now. In 2019 we are seeing substantial grown in the sex doll market, and here’s why…
Source:
https://www.chartattack.com/why-are-sex ... o-popular/
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Re: Why are sex dolls becoming so popular

Post by Anung Un Rama »

:thumbs_up: Great post RL,

It is refreshing to read an objective media article on the hobby and lifestyle choice, rather than the sensationalist and agenda motivated tabloid BS, that is so often in social media and on the net.

It was also interesting to read significant mention of the other aspects and element of the hobby discussed and represented, that is often never considered in many articles and even doco's.

Well done to Silicone lovers for jumping onto that opportunity as well :lol:

Cheers Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Ztar073
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Ztar073 »

Disappointing, was really looking forward to another hit piece

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Good article! The author was uncharacteristically non-prejudicial and did a good job of discussing the nature of doll ownership and doll owners. We are probably a bigger community than even the manufacturers and vendors realize, our individual motivations and approach to dolls vary greatly, and as I tell people "If you've met one doll owner, you've met one doll owner."
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Ztar073 wrote:Disappointing, was really looking forward to another hit piece
:haha4:
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

It's so nice to see an objective unbiased doll article for once. :D
Don't worry Ztar, I'm sure a good hit piece will appear soon enough. :wink:

While I don't want to get too far off topic, I just had to comment on the realism of this doll. When I saw her, I was like "Holy crap! Is this a doll?" :shocked!:
doll2.jpg
doll2.jpg (46.75 KiB) Viewed 3222 times
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Yes, this also had me wondering...

what the model and label was, as I almost figure this one has a heartbeat and attitude.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Nord
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nord »

Good read.

I am however surprised they didn't mention that you don't have to pay $6000 for a full sized doll anymore. Afaik that's the big reason why it's becoming more mainstream, as people discover how much more affordable dolls are nowadays with the still exploding TPE-market. We see newbies on the forums every day who struggle with their budget to even afford the $1500 range dolls, although it is at least still within grasp/reason.

Everyone knows what a Realdoll is since forever, but they also have an idea of how ridiculous their price tags are. That's certainly not mainstream friendly, but more of an old meme.

This is the one that stirred up social media a couple years ago on youtube, and what also amazed many by its price. Iconic at this point, and still pictured on some vendors front page because they know how relatable it still is to many. I guess they did hint on this doll in the article, but not what impact it had and why.
DTjqAQtXcAADqnL.jpg-large.jpg
DTjqAQtXcAADqnL.jpg-large.jpg (80.48 KiB) Viewed 3200 times

Personally I was drawn in by the classic "Kate" and "Riley" (WM 140 & 100) back in 2015, but I haven't seen so much attention to sex dolls as when the doll above got viral.
Aio - Sanhui 160cm AIO "Nonoka"
Rei - WM 140cm D-cup #39 & #53
Nymph - DH168 80cm "Shiori"
Ku - DS Ex Lite 163cm "Kayla"
Elva & Alva - 6Ye 65cm #M5 "Mina"

curiousswede
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by curiousswede »

That's a pretty non-judgemental article, nice. I agree that price is a major factor of making it more mainstream. VR faces a similar price-issue as it is too expensive for most people while they have fixed the refresh rate (90 hz is becoming more standard) so most people will not get sick from using it.

However, I still think VR will have an easier time of becoming more mainstream than love dolls because some people will just not be able to let go of the fact that they can be used for sex and then jealousy comes into the picture and some people turn into crazy people because of it.

Btw, never knew there are over 60 000+ registered members here?

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Anung Un Rama »

curiousswede wrote:

Btw, never knew there are over 60 000+ registered members here?

Screenshot_2019-10-25 The Doll Forum • Index page.png
Screenshot_2019-10-25 The Doll Forum • Index page.png (224.12 KiB) Viewed 3181 times
Yep, and that does not even include former and ex members, or the 1000s of spammers we have to deactivate every week.

ANung

THE UN RAMA'S

Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Mini Dolls lots!

NightmareFiction

Post by NightmareFiction »

Nord wrote:Good read.

I am however surprised they didn't mention that you don't have to pay $6000 for a full sized doll anymore. Afaik that's the big reason why it's becoming more mainstream, as people discover how much more affordable dolls are nowadays with the still exploding TPE-market. We see newbies on the forums every day who struggle with their budget to even afford the $1500 range dolls, although it is at least still within grasp/reason.

Everyone knows what a Realdoll is since forever, but they also have an idea of how ridiculous their price tags are. That's certainly not mainstream friendly, but more of an old meme.

This is the one that stirred up social media a couple years ago on youtube, and what also amazed many by its price. Iconic at this point, and still pictured on some vendors front page because they know how relatable it still is to many. I guess they did hint on this doll in the article, but not what impact it had and why.

Personally I was drawn in by the classic "Kate" and "Riley" (WM 140 & 100) back in 2015, but I haven't seen so much attention to sex dolls as when the doll above got viral.
The price was exactly what put me off of dolls initially, as my only exposure to them was through RealDoll. At $4k and up, dolls seemed so completely unattainable, even though I really wanted one. I picked up my first doll for around $1300 during a sale, and with the ability to obtain dolls for sub $1k in the Sales section, they're way easier to get a hold of than I could've imagined. I already have 4 dolls now send help.
IT153cm
JY161cm
JM75cm
JM105 "Sorceress"
MZR160cm

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

While affordable prices have indeed helped to make dolls more popular over the last few years, I think they were already gaining in popularity before the current explosion in the marketplace. Perhaps the increasing popularity of dolls added to the lower prices by incentivising new manufacturers to go into business. Which in turn helped to lower prices due to increased competition. :idea:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

DexterQuest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DexterQuest »

In my opinion, the introduction of some splendid affordable models and heads released in the last 2.5 years have allowed me to take this hobby to the next level. They are so nice to have around.

Masai
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Masai »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:It's so nice to see an objective unbiased doll article for once. :D
Don't worry Ztar, I'm sure a good hit piece will appear soon enough. :wink:

While I don't want to get too far off topic, I just had to comment on the realism of this doll. When I saw her, I was like "Holy crap! Is this a doll?" :shocked!:
Stewie studmuffin, damn, I said the same thing. I was like man she looks real and I did a double take. I think that's the closest
to realness I've ever seen....Wow :glou:
Attachments
doll2.jpg
doll2.jpg (44.03 KiB) Viewed 3108 times
"There is nothing so precious or delicious in the whole of the tender sex as a beautiful female derriere." Gilles Neret, a French Art Historian and Publisher.

NDjdjjjjdj
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by NDjdjjjjdj »

Cost is indeed the game changer.
I couldn’t ever have considered paying over £1000 for a discretionary luxury like this - now I don’t have to, and I can still get a decent quality doll whose face doesn’t look like she’s had reconstructive surgery after a nasty accident!

I can even get a good quality new doll for under £500!! Why on earth as a single man would I not do that?

INFORMATIONS