Starpery.com

Adding sound or a voice to your doll

Got an idea? Need an invention?
IndaGF
Apprentice
Apprentice

Adding sound or a voice to your doll

Post by IndaGF »

Greetings all, some of what I am about to ask should probably be posted in another board index, but I do have something that definitely belongs here. I'm getting ready to buy a doll, and have narrowed it down to two models. I also wanted a doll with sound, so I did some searching online and came up with this. It is called a Quark from Bigr. It is a micro bluetooth speaker that measures 1-1/8" tall, and 1-5/16" in width and depth (ignore Amazons dims, I measured it myself). I picked one up on Amazon and it works great. Here is the link,

https://www.amazon.com/Smallest-Wireles ... ics&sr=1-1

The plan is to install it into a dolls mouth so I can play back some heavy breathing sounds.

Now for the second part of my post. I'm sure I have already annoyed some people in the general forums, but has anyone here purchased one of the two dolls I am considering,

https://iamdollusa.com/product/mandy-147cm/

or

https://sanhuiofficial.com/sanhui-silic ... n-one.html

I really like the Mandy doll body proportion, but the seamless neck and silicone design of the all in one is great too. I just wish her legs were a bit thicker.

Your thoughts? Any input would greatly be appreciated.

Cheers,
IndaGF

P.S. first time posting links, hope they work

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Adding sound or a voice to your doll

Post by timetraveler1 »

sounds like a good idea , placing something like this in the mouth for sound , i did run across this and other videos . i actually like the second speaker that he said sounded louder because it is round , the square shape might cause cuts inside the tpe when placing and removing , just a thought and my opinon for what it's worth .

the main thing as i have mentioned in the past when doing something like this is , how well does the blue tooth signal still come through when placed inside the mouth for the speaker to work properly?

i may get the round one myself later and place it in angela's mouth as i have an a.i. system on my pc that talks , i have just used a larger wireless speaker behind her for the talking effect .
i always check amazon and the shipping, ebat and the shipping, and wal mart and the shipping if any for best prices.

IndaGF
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by IndaGF »

Hello Timetraveler1,

That's a good point, the quark I bought is square, the casing is made out of wood, so I will sand the edges down.

You also brought up a great point with radio frequency, bluetooth is 2ghz - 2.5ghz, higher frequencies don't do well with penetrating through solid materials. I never even considered that before you mentioned it. Once my doll arrives I will try it and post the results.

I ended up ordering the Mandy doll from 1am USA with a WM-185 head on October 1st. It hasn't shipped yet, so I am looking at a mid December delivery at best.

I didn't see philpw99's post before I made my own, apologies for that. I should have searched the forum more diligently before posting. The link to his post is below;

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=97032&hilit=bluetooth

I really appreciate your input, it really helps NOOB's like me and any input is invaluable. I've been lurking on this site for years and have seen your name come up often.

Thank you,
IndaGF

IndaGF
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by IndaGF »

Quick update: received the doll on Tuesday and tried the blue tooth speaker on Wednesday. There were no issues with signal loss, even after moving the tablet into the opposite corner of the house. If the source is in the same room I don't think anyone will have a problem.

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

You can embed it in the back of the skull/head .. just carve out a small hold for it. It would be covered by the hair anyways.

IndaGF
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by IndaGF »

Hi MannyCan,

I might hollow out the mouth cavity in the future. I ordered a oral head strictly for inserting the speaker. The cavity is too tight anyway.

There are two other mods I am thinking about with this doll.

The neck is a little long, I would like to shorten it by 25mm or so.

This doll is a b-cup, so the breasts are solid and feel unnatural. They look great, but are too firm. I want to explore the possibility of hollowing out the breasts through the nipples and then sealing the holes with TPE glue.

I'm going to enjoy the doll as is for now. If something happens and a repair is required, this will become a good opportunity to consider mods.

Mick
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mick »

I'm working with 2 former phonesex operators who switched from taking live calls to making custom MP3 recordings. The benefit of working with a former PSO is she's heard it ALL, so there's just about nothing you can request that would shock her.

If I were to mount a mini speaker on one of my dolls, I might consider the back of the neck or in her wig, as another poster suggested above.

Bluetooth is not something I want to use. I used to wear a bluetooth cellphone headset every day, and one day I woke up to extreme eye pain (the eye closest to the ear I typically wore the headset on). I nearly went blind in that eye due to a condition called Eyeritis, where the cornea adheres to the eye rather than floating on a thin layer of liquid as it normally does. (I may be saying this wrong) This causes pressure to build up, extreme redness, and eventual blindness if not caught quickly and addressed with steroid eyedrops.

Ever since this episode, I stopped using bluetooth and I stick with wired devices. My paycheck absolutely relies upon having the ability to see!!!! The sole exception to this is my wireless laptop mouse, which I've been using for years without experiencing negative effects.

The ideal sound playback device in my mind would be something that has local USB storage and the ability to randomly playback a library of different sounds.

redfiredsoul1
Ex-Member

Post by redfiredsoul1 »

Mick wrote:I'm working with 2 former phonesex operators who switched from taking live calls to making custom MP3 recordings. The benefit of working with a former PSO is she's heard it ALL, so there's just about nothing you can request that would shock her.

If I were to mount a mini speaker on one of my dolls, I might consider the back of the neck or in her wig, as another poster suggested above.

Bluetooth is not something I want to use. I used to wear a bluetooth cellphone headset every day, and one day I woke up to extreme eye pain (the eye closest to the ear I typically wore the headset on). I nearly went blind in that eye due to a condition called Eyeritis, where the cornea adheres to the eye rather than floating on a thin layer of liquid as it normally does. (I may be saying this wrong) This causes pressure to build up, extreme redness, and eventual blindness if not caught quickly and addressed with steroid eyedrops.

Ever since this episode, I stopped using bluetooth and I stick with wired devices. My paycheck absolutely relies upon having the ability to see!!!! The sole exception to this is my wireless laptop mouse, which I've been using for years without experiencing negative effects.

The ideal sound playback device in my mind would be something that has local USB storage and the ability to randomly playback a library of different sounds.
Doesn't it cost a fortune though to hire 2 phone sex operators? I mean if you have the money, go for it, I just think there might be cheaper alternatives.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

redfiredsoul1 wrote: Doesn't it cost a fortune though to hire 2 phone sex operators? I mean if you have the money, go for it, I just think there might be cheaper alternatives.
There's plenty of free sex audio on the net.
Paid contract audio clips can cover the exact script you write including subject and names, etc. This will also be pvt/ not for public use on the net.
Paid live chat allows you to interact whereas the prerecorded audio's are all one sided conversations.

If you can get someone to live audio chat w/you for free that is even better.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Mick
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mick »

rubherkitty wrote:
redfiredsoul1 wrote: Doesn't it cost a fortune though to hire 2 phone sex operators? I mean if you have the money, go for it, I just think there might be cheaper alternatives.
There's plenty of free sex audio on the net.
Paid contract audio clips can cover the exact script you write including subject and names, etc. This will also be pvt/ not for public use on the net.
Paid live chat allows you to interact whereas the prerecorded audio's are all one sided conversations.

If you can get someone to live audio chat w/you for free that is even better.
The cost for commissioning a private custom MP3, containing the exact names and trigger words I want, isn't that bad. It comes down to who you hire. Rates are all over the map. But if you can afford to buy a doll, you can afford to commission a 5-10 minute recording.

Hiring the same person consistently means that not only do they get better over time with interpreting your scripts, but you also build a sound file library where you can extract sentences & phrases you like, and create something completely new without paying her extra.

There are a few communities out there where ladies make sound clips just for fun, and you can download them for free. But those aren't custom and certain topics can be banned (if you're into such things).

Free live voice chat -- I'd want to be careful unless I know for sure she's open to dolls, and that she's willing to have her side of the conversation recorded. Privacy is paramount, including masking my IP address (VPN or using a service that keeps both side blind to each other). And I don't want to hear my own voice in the recording :whistle:

Text-to-speech has gotten better over the past 2 decades, but the emotion still isn't there and the "robot" effect remains for certain voices. Its been about 5 years now since I've noticed any leaps in TTS technology available to consumers; the best stuff is VERY extensive and only available to software developers and website owners willing to fork over some serious coin.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks for the info Mick

I never had any plan to record live interactive chat for as you say, it would be strange to listen to your own voice through your doll.

And as far as using the same paid audio performer, your brain will also come to recognize that voice as a sexual thing. I listen to a lot of free sex audio, but I tend to pull it from many different ladies so my brain never learns a certain voice. The audios are all sexual, but repetition of a single voice will ingrain into your brain much better. Of course you may want to use different voices for different dolls as well. I currently only have 1 doll.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

Shoot! I should have posted in this thread!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=123392

Mick
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mick »

rubherkitty wrote:Thanks for the info Mick

I never had any plan to record live interactive chat for as you say, it would be strange to listen to your own voice through your doll.

And as far as using the same paid audio performer, your brain will also come to recognize that voice as a sexual thing. I listen to a lot of free sex audio, but I tend to pull it from many different ladies so my brain never learns a certain voice. The audios are all sexual, but repetition of a single voice will ingrain into your brain much better. Of course you may want to use different voices for different dolls as well. I currently only have 1 doll.
Well said about training your brain. This has plus and minus effects. Choose carefully if you decide to train your brain for one or two specific voices.

Plus side if you are paying: part of the reason you are paying is for your privacy. These girls know not to disclose their customers' fetishes.
Minus side: the raise the rate game. I dropped a woman because she raised her rate, over decades of working with her, from $1/minute to $1.5/minute to $3/minute to $5/minute and then a greedy leap to $100/minute. That last jump was a bridge too far and I called her on it, and am ignoring her text pleas to reconnect.
Another minus side: Addiction. This is what the $100/minute lady was depending upon. I was able to walk away. Don't fall into the trap.

One cheap option is Patreon. There's a "scriptwriter" option I subscribe to monthly that accumulates a certain # of words per month. When I feel up to it, I submit my script and she puts it into her queue. If my script doesn't exceed the # of words I've accumulated, that's it... I pay nothing else. The downside is I have to wait in line about 1 month as she is very busy.

Another service I use allows you to submit a script for free. If the lady chooses to accept it, she records it and puts it up on the site's "Stories" page. You call in and pay the per-minute fee to listen. Far be it from me to suggest how you could record it for replay value. :) But if other people call in to the same story you wrote, you get a commission credited to your account.

I'm not here to shill for any site or performer, so I won't post links here.

Suffice to say, my personal preference is to hear consistent voices. Ladies who have come to know what I like, and deliberately try to "scratch my itch", so to speak. In other words, they know trigger words and phrases I like, and know what topics to avoid.

Along these lines, the free stuff I downloaded from the Internet has been hit & miss. Sometimes there's a story that knocks it out of the park, and other times there's either:
- Bad recording quality
- Starts out good, and then the topic shifts to something I despise. Boner killer.

To each their own, I say!

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

My Bluetooth speaker came yesterday. Today I made sure I could pair it and it worked perfectly and had good sound, but it was way way bigger than I thought it was going to be and not even close 2 wanting to go up into Bubbles oral cavity.
So I set about cutting it apart, once I got it apart I realized all of the parts of it including the speaker are really thin, I peeled Bubbles skin back on the back of her head and slid everything up in there and there was barely a bump on the back of her head when I was done because the tpe was so thick.
So I went ahead and peeled her mask off of her skull and drilled a hole where I wanted the speaker to fire through to her oral cavity. I was surprised to find out her skull was hollow inside so I went ahead and bored a hole big enough for the entire speaker surround and cone to fire through nicely. The frame will sit along the edge with a little bit of hot glue.
Testing the sound it really sounds good through the skull, I also learned that tpe when it isn't very thick doesn't offer how much resistance to sound so it should sound pretty much like it does just testing it on the skull.
I'm going to run out and get some stuffing tonight for inside of the skull to get some of the hollow tone out of it and make it seem like a bigger speaker cavity as far as the response curve goes.
Tomorrow I will have a talking doll!
20191217_161309.jpg
20191217_161309.jpg (1011.31 KiB) Viewed 6396 times
20191217_161249.jpg
20191217_161249.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 6396 times
20191217_164300.jpg
20191217_164300.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 6396 times

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

A little creative soldering to add a couple switches externally for power and reset. Splash some hot glue around and suddenly Bubbles is a talking doll!
I sort of wish I would have done a little bigger on the switches, still PCB mount but just the bigger ones that are more common.
Reviews on the Bluetooth speaker that I got make claims from 4 hours to all day so I'm not sure what battery use is going to be like but sounds like it'll last through play sessions with no problem.
I'm going to download Festival voice synthesizer and play around with it some, there's also a development version that would allow control directly from C++ so if I decide to do something interactive later it's a go.
For now I'm just using sexy audio files.
20191218_112123.jpg
20191218_112123.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 6365 times
20191218_125032.jpg
20191218_125032.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 6365 times
20191218_113957.jpg
20191218_113957.jpg (994.54 KiB) Viewed 6365 times

INFORMATIONS