betterlovedoll.com

Help - posting problem!

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
excentrix
Apprentice
Apprentice

Help - posting problem!

Post by excentrix »

Can you help me?

Iv'e tried three times to post at the japanese forum regarding recieveing my AI NEO and each time I was ready to post and selected to preview prior to posting I recieved a messege "INVALID SESSION" and my post dissapered. Not bad except each time it took me approximately at least an hour to compose the topic. Then in a second GONE!

I've never had a problem posting before. What might be wrong?

I have some great info to get out from Hiroo at 4 woods as well as my own experiance with the AI.

Please advice

Thank you.

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Excentrix,

I think your problems were due to teh time problems we had at the server (again).
I've corrected the server time again, it was 1 hour and 30 minutes or so ahead again.
When that happens, one may have 1 hour and 30 minutes posting problems, after that, then it runs within your SESSION again, so then your session is valid again.
If ever happens again, an idea is to clear the cookies, but then you've to log in again.
I've been into the server time problem myself now (*had had it*) and hope I've solved it finally now...

Mytime & Helen
One dream, one mission...

Post by Guest »

Thank you I think I understand? Will try again maybe tonight If have time.

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

Here is an idea to keep from re-typing a long post:

Write your post on a text program (straight RTF is best), then copy and paste into the post. If it get's 'lost', you still have the original post, so you aren't doing all that work over agian.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

If it takes you an hour to write it, hardly anyone will have the time to read it.

When there were no clock problems, I would get session error if I spent a half hour typing a post. I don't think it is a clock problem. I think it is either cookie reset or dynamic IP from ISP (Internet Provider). That, or a PhpNuke thingy ("thingy" is too technical a term for me to go into right now) that will not keep track of so many posts over too long a period of time...
Anyhow, Keith got it right. Type post in text editor <i>then</i> click button to submit post. Then copy/paste message. That way, message text box will not be open for more than a minute.

Um, do you really think most folks will read all that?

INFORMATIONS