cloudclimax.co.uk

Latest DS Videos Robotics

We are the official approved DS Doll reseller for the UK and also sell DS Dolls in selected European countries, ( South America & South Africa ). Shop with us confidently & discreetly. Cloud Climax has over 25 years of retail and lingerie experience and are so confident that each product is presented to you with our Cloud Climax logo as a mark of our approval. We also stock premium branded toys & accessories for your all round satisfaction. Website: www.cloudclimax.co.uk
ScientificCalc
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Latest DS Videos Robotics

Post by ScientificCalc »

shobokdaman wrote: Alright, I might be going on a limb here, but I was an indie video game developer proficient in Unreal Engine and currently self-studying robotics myself. DS Robotics's laboratory looks way too swanky for I assume would be a city with expensive floorspace. Too many large props which should probably cost hundreds of thousands of dollars each at minimum, many of which look like they are doing absolutely nothing towards research and development. They are display pieces.

Now I don't expect an actual robot factory to look like a sweatshop from the 90s, but this looks way too much and more like a showroom. May I dare say a lot of their scenes are green-screened?
Completely agree with you on this one. A real robot factory would most likely look like any other Chinese electronics factory; rows of tightly packed desks with low-paid - nearly always female - workers soldering boards, wiring up servos and screwing together assemblies. Highly automated shopfloors like we have over here just don't make financial sense there, especially for a small-run product like a robotic sex doll head. (Counterpoint: I did see in one of their clips they had what looked like a row of robots tooled up to paint doll faces. Would be an excellent way to get super real skin textures without paying an artist for many expensive hours).

If only they put all the money they've put into props and set design into product development, we'd probably have robotic dolls by now. (That is, assuming the props aren't all just good CG as you suggest).

jcpax727

Re: Latest DS Videos Robotics

Post by jcpax727 »

Ya most likely. The new robot doll head and arms video (cosplay) definitely took my mind elsewhere though. Absolutely next gen if they start thinking a bit smarter.

I mean if they took the new True depth cameras, used that for one of the eyes, and programmed the software for that camera to simply say “hey (yourname)” when you walk into the room that could be a great start.

Apple already uses factories in China to create the camera so I dont doubt someone couldnt just grab it, illegally for education reasons, stick it into a doll and re program it so instead of unlocking a phone it gets used to start identifying you or your friends faces and greeting them, or using the depth camera as a guide for items in your house even so the bot can identify and use and or discuss items in the house etc.

^^^ This shit happens all the time, I work for, a massive company. Ill just leave it there lol.

Honestly if everything in an iPhone xs was ripped out and placed into a doll and reprogrammed to work in said doll theyd have something ready for release. What kills me is the tech is all here today, its not being used in dolls, or its not being setup to succeed right.

Make the doll open for 3rd party development for app developers like apple does with their iPhones. Thats how you get something started.

20$ app that does A B C on the doll then another 10$ app for x y z. Then another 10$ that lets your sex doll play chess with you, or some non complex video game, until they start putting neural nets in them.

DS doesnt need to make all the software and possibilities, just the frame work. The rest would take off on its own. Exactly like an iPhone, or a droid, pun intended. Even a shitty framework would do wonders for sex robots to take off like a rocket, framework and hardware can be improved as time goes. Some amazing things would be created by home developers meanwhile. And ya for this tech, sex would indeed be the major factor. But in 20 years when families have a droid at home helping with chores, no ones going to remember that selling sex is what made that possible.

The two other robot head developers are making the same mistakes, making all of the software internal and closed source. Open the robot head software development up to the world instead of one small building and thats when shit will change. Until then I doubt this will come into much.

Its like what if Microsoft was the only company to be involved making games for computer hardware. Wed have never had a console, no vr, no DoA extremes, no final fantasies etc.

Same with say a playstation, 1 platform, useless without game software, but the companies all over the world takes care of that, not Sony themselves.

It wont work, they gota start letting the rest of the world be involved in the software for these heads/arms/legs.

The moment one of them wises up to this fact Chobits isnt something 25 years from now its more like 2/3. Because the tech is here, it just needs to be USED. Someone just needs to get in there and slap some sense in if they wanna see it happen before we all expire. We just need a Steve jobs for the sex robot world basically. Well Wozniak ig.

Throw in 1 True depth camera for one eye, a normal camera in the 2nd eye, and two working arms that are linked to the true depth cam and that alone is enough to last five years of runway and development.

TDF appstore for sex robots, sounds like a good future imo. If DS said ok heres framework, heres hardware, right now the robot does nothing, but we opened its software applications to anyone world wide, id sign up to develop day one. 25% cut off all of my sales? Sure, idc, lets do this.

The way this industry is heading, (which is on the verge of a massive popularity explosion) china could be the leads in it. If they dont, theyre just going to let some jackass corporate american swoop in, do it right like above, and steal their thunder away. Id personally like to see a company in china grab this by the horn themselves, but wont happen without 3rd party dev access.

INFORMATIONS