Starpery.com

Anthropomorphic dolls?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: Anthropomorphic dolls?

Post by rubherkitty »

DollFan789 wrote: Now I am getting ideas. 8) I think the inventor faq should be updated or an updated thread similar to it made since a lot of these little details I don't think about right away. I could see that technique you mentioned used in silicone dolls with heat bonding or for cloth dolls, sewing shaped pillows and stuffing them just right.
Platinum cure doll silicone is a 2 component cold mix. Doesn't even generate heat when curing, but must be mixed and cured in 70 degree+ temps though. TPE is a hot liquid poured rubber. Forget TPE.
If you have a silicone doll or a silicone coated cloth doll, you can brush silicone onto a fur piece and just press it to the cleaned doll. This is assuming the fur has a backing with some type of fiber than the silicone can grip to.
Uncured/ wet silicone bonds to cured silicone. Silicone can be of various hardness too. Dolls are usually made from different blends for different parts.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

DollFan789

Post by DollFan789 »

rubherkitty wrote:
DollFan789 wrote: Now I am getting ideas. 8) I think the inventor faq should be updated or an updated thread similar to it made since a lot of these little details I don't think about right away. I could see that technique you mentioned used in silicone dolls with heat bonding or for cloth dolls, sewing shaped pillows and stuffing them just right.
Platinum cure doll silicone is a 2 component cold mix. Doesn't even generate heat when curing, but must be mixed and cured in 70 degree+ temps though. TPE is a hot liquid poured rubber. Forget TPE.
If you have a silicone doll or a silicone coated cloth doll, you can brush silicone onto a fur piece and just press it to the cleaned doll. This is assuming the fur has a backing with some type of fiber than the silicone can grip to.
Uncured/ wet silicone bonds to cured silicone. Silicone can be of various hardness too. Dolls are usually made from different blends for different parts.
Thanks for the much needed advice. I still have much to learn.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Instead of loose polyfill, I hope to use pool noodles for some of the doll. I think 2-1/2" - 3-1/2" OD noodles are common size w/a 1" center hole. I know the noodles can be shaved w/a sharp knife. I've been dumpster diving for other large pieces of firm, but flexible packing foam for the torso. I have 3 trash bags packed w/ polyfill I cut out of a overstuffed type couch that was getting pitched. Foam cut out of seat cushions, etc. That crap is expensive, but I see it tossed out all the time.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

DollTrash
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by DollTrash »

> I know the noodles can be shaved w/a sharp knife.

You'll find that an electric carving knife will work ten times better than any other knife when cutting foam...

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

DollTrash wrote:> I know the noodles can be shaved w/a sharp knife.

You'll find that an electric carving knife will work ten times better than any other knife when cutting foam...
Yes, a electric carving knife does best. Especially on soft foam.
A hot wire cutter may work well on some foam to cut complex curves. Just be careful of the fumes. I rigged up a hot wire cutter using a 12v car battery charger and it worked well. I just held the wire in the battery clips as a test. Didn't actually build a U frame wire holder.

JLSTheRat
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by JLSTheRat »

how about this, ..

WIP
Attachments
20191006_101716.jpg
20191006_101716.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 1939 times

Dyolf

Post by Dyolf »

If you seriously want to make an anthropomorphic doll then start with the skeleton. Decide what animal base you're going with, then incorporate that into the skeletal design. Plantigrade feet versus digitigrade, claws, tail, extra appendages, incorporated or removable head, etc., etc. If you're going with a scalie, an aquatic, or some space alien character then choose silicone so you can get the colors right. If you're going furry then take it dead serious and go full-on, painstaking, mind-numbing hair implantation across the entirety of the doll body. Again, you'll probably have to go the silicone route to pull it off. I don't think anyone's ever said why, but apparently TPE doesn't respond well to hair implants.

As to the anime-style heads and why they don't seem to work: Personally, I think it's because the manufacturers are trying to make a "realistic" head with anime proportions. The result is expectedly awful because "anime-style" is all about simplicity. The mask that JLSTheRat's doll is wearing in that photo works. Why? Because it is simplistic in nature. It's the right size and the right shape. If you were to make a mold of that mask and replicate it in TPE or silicone, don't tell me that it's automatically going to become hideous. Take the same route with the eyes: Don't try to make them look realistic. Study what an anime character's eyes look like and replicate it.
"There is no spoon."

"...Makes it really hard to eat cereal."

CicadaSound80
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CicadaSound80 »

I just received project number two.
It's a 100cm flatchested doll that I will attempt to turn into everyone's favorite diminuative reptile people. I'm assuming the easiest way to adjust a head is to sculpt out a simple head and then create a mold? And for the tail, I'm sure just modifying a sizeable chunk of TPE would do.

I'm sure the details will work out somehow.
I want to make monsters, don't you?

Dyolf

Post by Dyolf »

You lost me at "everyone's favorite diminutive reptile people." What fantasy race, precisely, are you referring to?
"There is no spoon."

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

This little hotty of course.
I'm just not sure if she's a blue tailed skink, gecko or green racer snake?
Attachments
favorite reptile..jpg
favorite reptile..jpg (25.01 KiB) Viewed 1826 times

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Dyolf wrote:You lost me at "everyone's favorite diminutive reptile people." What fantasy race, precisely, are you referring to?

I was thinking the visitors from V when I read that myself...but not to much of a challenge making the ones with skin on.

Skin off, well, kinda looses the sex appeal

Image ...

and the oral function looks risky.....

Now in checking into that, there is the theory of the Reptilian Elite

So http://content.time.com/time/specials/p ... 29,00.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/ar ... nt/354496/

and after reading this

https://www.dailybreak.com/break/taylor ... -heres-why

I am convinced...this explains so many things

Now this was entertaining

https://youtu.be/DsgjWam26zk

https://newsinstact.com/alien/ukrainian ... ive-on-tv/

So if this does not refer to what our peer is discussing, well...you got me!

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

CicadaSound80
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CicadaSound80 »

Dyolf wrote:You lost me at "everyone's favorite diminutive reptile people." What fantasy race, precisely, are you referring to?
Kobolds of course.
Nothing really beats having your own 3 ft reptile lover to rut concerns away with.
Attachments
b15e3fb203a857c3fc798d639e4136c8.jpg
b15e3fb203a857c3fc798d639e4136c8.jpg (60.95 KiB) Viewed 1799 times
I want to make monsters, don't you?

Dyolf

Post by Dyolf »

Ah, good old AD&D. I remember back when kobolds were a mammalian race with rat-like characteristics.
"There is no spoon."

Knightshift
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Knightshift »

Here's a link to a Japanese adult toy site offering plush anime dolls with Onahole inserts...

https://www.kanojotoys.com/kemono-hime- ... -3914.html
The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

That Kobold is certainly cute, but looks a little flat chested and underage IMO. 8O
It would probably not be allowed on TDF and the Judge would give you a hard 20 and 100K fine in some states if you get caught inside a rotted out, hollow log doing her! :wink:

INFORMATIONS