betterlovedoll.com

reg, pm and navigation problems

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.

reg, pm and navigation problems

Post by Guest »

Hi first i had problems registering, never did get a confirmation e mail, I even sent a message to support no reply, but now I can log in and it goes to the start page but cannot go to the forums from there, I am not logged in while I am writing this because of that, also tried to send PM but when i log in same thing cant get past start, any help will be aprecciated
User bgbr

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

I have you registered with User Name bgbr. I went into your account and changed password (we do not view the previous password when we do this) to the one you gave me in e-mail. I hope this solves this for you.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

reg problems

Post by Guest »

Thank you for trying to fix this, I could log in before, but the main problem is still can not get to the forums or anything else, past my acount page, do you have any idea what the cause is?
Thanks bgbr

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Okay, now I am thinking you never actually completed the registration process. On rare occasions, someone does not click a link they are supposed to click. Then they are listed as a member but receive no mail. Link in e-mail message takes them to a page where they click a link that completes registration. I don't think you ever finished registering.

Only way out of this would be to re-register, going more slowly and making sure you do everything right.

I'm not sure that I can delete User, but I'll take a look.

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

You may have to re-register. :( Once you enter User Name and password, I can't tell what you are trying to do. You get opening page with large icons at the top to change your information?? Then try to click links on left menu??

reg help

Post by Guest »

Yes I never got the E mail with the link, I think that is the main problem, do you know why I did not get the E mail, also yes I get to the page with the large icons at the top but can not go anywhere else

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

I still do not have enough information, however...
Lack of confirmation could be a one day delay or it could be the way your ISP has their mail server configured.

A month or two from now I will have access to MySQL database and also I will eventually learn module modifications. However, as it stands now, I have no ability to delete your account. I do not have enough information from you to know what went wrong with registration.

So you will have to re-register. This creates a problem because I suspect you will be using same e-mail address. So I will have to first change you registration e-mail address to my own e-mail address - which I am going to do now. Then you will be able to re-register under a different user name, but same e-mail address.

Please wait a day or two for confirmation e-mail.
We may be shut down some time January 31 or February 01 because we are moving to another server (but same URL, etc.).

Post by Guest »

Inkling I appreciate your assistance with this, I just tried to register again, but it, says the E mail address is already in use, is there any way the link to finish registration, can be sent by a person, istead of machine

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Right after posting, I was going to change e-mail to fictional one because I knew it would do that. However, we were busy trying to find new servers to move to, so I forgot to change the e-mail.

So it should accept your e-mail address now.

registration problem

Post by Guest »

Inkling I reregistered still no confirmation E mail with the link to finish process

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

If you are bgbr, you can start all over again by re-registering.

Please choose only one user name, one e-mail address, and wait for e-mail response that gives you link to complete registration process.

Others have been registering so e-mail responder is working.

I have deleted both bgbr and bgbr1. You may re-register as bgbr.
bgbr1 was shown as Active Registration so I don't know what the problem was.

Oh - do you have Cookies enabled for: dollforum.com?

Post by Guest »

i regestered monday still no E mail with the link to complete registration, yes I have cookies for TDF enabled

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Do you have a firewall?
I am going to bring this to the attention of the rest of management because if you have valid e-mail address, have cookies enabled, and do not have firewall (do you?) then I don't know what the problem could be.

Post by Guest »

I do have a firewall as i run norton at all times, but it does not stop my e mails

INFORMATIONS