betterlovedoll.com

Creating an account

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
kxxqx1

Creating an account

Post by kxxqx1 »

Hello,
I had an account about two years back, I have forgotten the password. When I attempt to request the password I have not received any Enail. Also when I attempt to create a new account the system tells me that my Email address is already in use. I have checked my Email folders ( both the normal and bulk) and have not received a reply. What can we do to either delete the old account so I can rejoin? Also when I attempt to post a message in this forum under my original username it says this it has been taken
kxxqx

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

I have not received a Help Desk ticket item on this.

You are not registered with TDForum under that User Name.
Does your internet provider give you more than one e-mail address?
If you cannot remember user name you registered under (with TDForum), then you can register again with different, valid e-mail address. Then register with TDAlbum using that name/address.

Are you able to send PM while registered as Guest (it's been a long time since I've been registered that way)?? If so, you could PM Inkling with e-mail address, I can look up e-mail address and e-mail you your correct user name.

However, there's a lot going on right now, search could take a couple hours, so I <i>might</i> not be able to conduct search until Monday.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

kxxqx/kxxqx1

still waiting

Post by kxxqx/kxxqx1 »

I have yet to receive an email notification using kxxqx1 as another name; nor am I able to restart my account as kxxqx. I have checked all my mail folders and have found nothing. Please either delete the user kxxqx or send me the method to restart my account to the email address of kxxqx.

Thank you

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Without <i>correct</i> user name OR e-mail address, I cannot help.
Deleting User Name deletes posts made by that User.

The only thing you can do is either provide correct User Name, or different e-mail address, or obtain a different e-mail address, then register under User Name you keep providing above.

You will never receive an e-mail message if Registration form has never been completed. Example: If my User Name were Diablo with e-mail diablo@myisp.com, then software would reject registration (without sending e-mail) if 2 years later I tried to re-register as Diablow with same diablo@myisp.com address. Your User Name is not on file, but apparently, the e-mail is. You are not providing correct User Name.

In this example, my only options would be to either obtain a different e-mail address AND reregister as Diablow, OR provide correct user name Diablo with same e-mail address, OR provide e-mail address to admin so they can look you up by e-mail address.

In the above example, if I asked you to look up Piablow, and you had no e-mail address, and really had user name Diablo, how would <i>you</i> look it up? Member List is 264 pages.

Please do not keep repeating yourself. Instead please read the above carefully.
E-mail is auto-responder that provides link to log on for first time and fill out your Profile. You will never get an e-mail message if registration is rejected.

kxxqx/kxxqx1

Post by kxxqx/kxxqx1 »

My email address id kxxqx@yahoo.com and my original user name was kxxqx.

kxxqx

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

I have no idea what went wrong with my not finding this before. However, now I see why it says your e-mail address has all ready been taken. You might have registered under three user names, not two:

kxxqx Jun 18, 2002
kxxqx1 Jan 06, 2006
kxxqx100 Feb 20, 2004

Are you also kxxqx100??
Please answer that question and I will delete all but kxxqx and send e-mail with new password that you will be able to change once you log on and fill out your Profile.
---------------------------------------------------------------
For my future reference only:
Page 134
http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... 0fca1b930d

kxxqx/kxxqx1/kxxqx100

Post by kxxqx/kxxqx1/kxxqx100 »

Yes to all of the above

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

I will delete the two latest ones, and send you user name and password. You will be able to change the password in Profile or Your Info button. You may expect an e-mail message from me Saturday. I am sorry this took so long. I have no idea why user name did not show up the first time.

INFORMATIONS