betterlovedoll.com

Best of Brie, Year 2

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Best of Brie, Year 2

Post by JunkGuy »

Sheike wrote:the moonlight shot is my favorite, and the pink in the hair was not intentional? it fits perfectly! great shots
It was not! This was for the photo composition contest, and the foreground, background, and moon were all separate photos combined into one image. Stars and the glow around the moon and pendant were artificial. The streak in her hair was some kind of photographic artifact. The dress is a little shimmery, and the camera flash must have reflected off it and carried some pink color into her hair, which reflected back to lens. (The same effect can be seen in the outtake photo from a similar angle, but to a lesser degree.) I adore how it looks though and have even considered taking one her older wigs and some of the red ink I have to replicate it, but just haven't done it yet (Her wigs were purchased white but lightly tinted with yellow alcohol-based ink as I can't find her style in a platinum blonde color.)

By the way, I was only one to take their own photo of the moon that month. That still bothers me a bit a year later. Unless you live in a cave, you really should be able to take your own photo of the moon for your contest entry and not use stock photos. Beaches, deep forests, exotic locales: I can buy using stock photos for those, but the moon's over your head once a month and no excuse for shortcuts. One of my dislikes about the photo contests is how effort is underappreciated by many voters.

Sheike wrote:also, the glasses i feel greatly contribute to her personality (i wear glasses myself so i have experienced it first hand) very creative and life-like!
I have such a thing for girls in glasses. I knew she'd be bespectacled before I picked the body, face, or name. I might have even bought the first two pairs of glasses prior to any clothing, but I can't recall the exact order.

Plus glasses are more exotic on dolls. Brie isn't the first doll to wear glasses, and not the last, but the one's that wear glasses are rarer. And I'm not talking about one-offs like a "scholarly" photoshoot or sunglasses: I mean reliably wear them as part of her natural attire. Two I follow as fellow glasses lovers are Broven and his Anna Marie, and Samuel_78 and his Chastity (despite her avatar omitting them. <Fix it, dammit.>)

INFORMATIONS