It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:59 am

Forum Rules,TOS and Privacy Policy | By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with our Rules Of Conduct, Terms Of Use and Privacy Policy.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]  
Search for:

Post subject: Ruby box size, can not find the post
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:22 am 
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

I was wondering if anybody has the link to the shipping box size or actual measurements
I am going to make a custom storage solution with an aluminium frame and the body will be suspended inside with a mesh, kind of like a hammock, but with memory foam padding lining the hammock and inside the case. Brash has just my head left to do, so I would like to finish it before she gets here. I worked on aircraft in the military so I have a knack for making stuff. I also plan on having a handle and wheels on one side. Hmmm, if it turns out well maybe could do make more to sell. Think of something like bands use to move their gear but out of aluminium and if cost is good utilizing honeycombed aluminum sides. Let me know what you guys think.

Jax

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Ruby box size, can not find the post
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:02 am 
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Jax Zin wrote:
I was wondering if anybody has the link to the shipping box size or actual measurements
I am going to make a custom storage solution with an aluminum frame and the body will be suspended inside with a mesh, kind of like a hammock, but with memory foam padding lining the hammock and inside the case.

My doll was packed with her hips bent, legs bent, and feet rotated 90 degrees. I think you'll want to store her in a more stretched out pose than that, so the dimensions of my shipping box would be misleading.

Also, I'm not sure the hammock will work the way you're imagining. The default position of her knees is "semi-bent" (like in missionary position), so I think that having her feet and calves in a hammock will force her knees up.

I think you're better off waiting until you have the doll before drawing up plans.

AIM Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Ruby box size, can not find the post
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:04 am 
Active Poster
Active Poster

I agree, wait until your doll arrives to build anything. The naturally bent knees and open hips means the ruby doll doesn't "lie flat" the way TPE dolls do. The cardboard shipping box is plenty sturdy to use for storage until then.

Profile Send private message  

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]