Starpery.com

New video - TPE repairs, a comprehensive tutorial

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: New video - TPE repairs, a comprehensive tutorial

Post by Mishka1965 »

-Ragnar66-, I would add some spare TPE to that hole to repair it.

I am just getting ready a new video of armpit and crotch repair, a method that appears to work quite well. I should have it ready one I get the audio recorded.

Mishka
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Mishka1965 wrote:-Ragnar66-, I would add some spare TPE to that hole to repair it.

I am just getting ready a new video of armpit and crotch repair, a method that appears to work quite well. I should have it ready one I get the audio recorded.

Mishka
the repairs on the side of the foot went well without further adding of TPE. 8) I got things messed up when trying on areas under tension and delicate (toes). Lesson learned. The vaginal area likely will be biggest challenge as is butt and ellbow coming second. There I´ll try adding with molten TPE from original substitue material and not soldering iron directly. First got to deal with some the sharp edges from the skeleton (joint area), which were major source for the damages in butt and ellbow region. Filing bits off should do it I hope. The more superficial TPE damages I now got under control I think. Also thanks to your excellent videos and shown repair techniques! Keep them coming. 8) :glou:

Synthian
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synthian »

Very informative. Thanks!
Whether it be Human or Synthetic, love is love.

Evelyn's videos
viewtopic.php?t=168857

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

Just finished the next video.
"Advanced TPE repair - Neck cuts, Crotch splits and Elbow cuts'

Here in this video, I show how to repair a variety of doll injuries sustained. First we repair neck cracks then a elbow split, and finally a crotch split. What differs from previous videos is the use of a propane torch and a hot spoon to smooth and glaze over TPE repairs to get that perfect finish. Check it out, I am thrilled at the results!

part II will be the armpit repair

Mishka

dbenzguy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by dbenzguy »

Mishka1965 wrote:Just finished the next video.
"Advanced TPE repair - Neck cuts, Crotch splits and Elbow cuts'...
Mishka,

Your insights and videos are incredibly helpful and I can't state enough how much I appreciate the work you've done to educate us!

All of my dolls have benefited from your teachings (some to great extent!) :glou:

Just1more

Post by Just1more »

Thank you so much! Looking at back surgery on my Erika and this should help a lot!

Real 56

Post by Real 56 »

Hi, love your videos. I just need a bit of clarity on using foundation, what type to use I'm guessing it is powder or cream based?. I would be very grateful for any help.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Here in this video, I show how to repair a variety of doll injuries sustained. First we repair neck cracks then a elbow split, and finally a crotch split. What differs from previous videos is the use of a propane torch and a hot spoon to smooth and glaze over TPE repairs to get that perfect finish. Check it out, I am thrilled at the results!

Mishka
another very useful video, big thanks Mishka! 8) Exactly those repairs currently on my to do list (ellbow, crotch and some more). Can confirm on the sharp, angled blade tip on the soldering iron is the one to be most cautious with. Quite particularly on areas that are under stress. My first attempt yielded more damage than actual repair but was glad I did in foot area, where any messing up is less visible. Filling up method surely is way to go almost all the time, quite particularly in high stress areas where new damage can be likely expected for any future times again.

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

Real 56 wrote:Hi, love your videos. I just need a bit of clarity on using foundation, what type to use I'm guessing it is powder or cream based?. I would be very grateful for any help.
Thanks,
The foundation can be any powder. It's applied like baby powder as it's lightly tinted. Look at bare minerals foundation

Mishka

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

-Ragnar66- wrote:

Mishka
another very useful video, big thanks Mishka! 8) Exactly those repairs currently on my to do list (ellbow, crotch and some more). Can confirm on the sharp, angled blade tip on the soldering iron is the one to be most cautious with. Quite particularly on areas that are under stress. My first attempt yielded more damage than actual repair but was glad I did in foot area, where any messing up is less visible. Filling up method surely is way to go almost all the time, quite particularly in high stress areas where new damage can be likely expected for any future times again.
I would agree, the knife can cut real deep when used in high stress areas. What I always do is heat up that area to relieve that stresses area, and it opens uop the hole more, then fill in. The area must be hot so the molten TPE bonds.

We are getting there!

Mishka

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Mishka1965 wrote:
-Ragnar66- wrote:

Mishka
I would agree, the knife can cut real deep when used in high stress areas. What I always do is heat up that area to relieve that stresses area, and it opens uop the hole more, then fill in. The area must be hot so the molten TPE bonds.

We are getting there!

Mishka
No doubt all your great tips will help me a lot! 8)

To some different yet related topic. Did you ever by means of heat gun & sandpaper "retexture" larger parts (or full body) of a doll´s skin to achieve different feel or benefitting effects for photo shooting? I wonder if that would be something to try on black/dark skin dolls which oftenly seem somewhat problematic during photo shoots. I´ve not a black skin doll yet, but I´ve started making my mind, as I also usually avoid large area powdering.

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

No, I would not re-texture larger areas. I am afraid of weakening of the TPE and may actually end up worse in the end. The sandpaper is a repair for a small area after heating. If you need black powderless dolls, I would ask 6YE as they sell those. I have their powderless tan ones, and they feel silky.

Mishka

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Mishka1965 wrote:No, I would not re-texture larger areas. I am afraid of weakening of the TPE and may actually end up worse in the end. The sandpaper is a repair for a small area after heating. If you need black powderless dolls, I would ask 6YE as they sell those. I have their powderless tan ones, and they feel silky.

Mishka
That would be quite a risky affair I agree. If I´d have a spare black doll, I´d likely do bits of experimenting nonetheless. But just if I´d have problems doing good photo shoots unpowdered. Already noticed that 6ye black/colored gals look great unpowdered. 8) I´m less concerned with skin feel so that would come secondary.

Also bits of toying with the idea of adding more detail to my dolls faces by means of heatgun/sandpaper and soldering iron. But that has to wait til I got repairs done successfully and garnered required experiences. 8O 8)

From my understanding there´s certain limits on how much micro detail can be put on TPE, unlike silicone. I´ll find out soon when I get to foot sole repairs (there´s couple of damage around the screws).

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

I don't think adding detail to TPE is possible - like pores, at least I cannot see a way to do it. Sandpaper only breaks the shine from melting the material.

Regarding foot repairs, that should be quite easy to do, and I would even think about adding custom bolts so future damage is minimal.

Mishka

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

Not to derail your thread, this is still somewhat related. My knockoff 140cm is beautiful with the exception of her demon-girl claw-like feet that must have had some problem coming out of the mold.
In coming weeks I want to do a modification involving magnetic toenails.
First I'd like to attempt to re-shape these into more human like feet, maybe even sexy human like feet.
My initial thought is to try to heat them up and place them flat but it seems like anything that puts enough heat in to soften the core would be detrimental to the surface.
Unless anyone has a better idea I may just remove material from the pads of her feet and then try to re-shape.
Any input?
20200131_100256.jpg
20200131_100256.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 1830 times
20200131_100308.jpg
20200131_100308.jpg (638.15 KiB) Viewed 1830 times

INFORMATIONS