Starpery.com

New video - TPE repairs, a comprehensive tutorial

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: New video - TPE repairs, a comprehensive tutorial

Post by seagull »

Sooo cute :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

Writing HEAT GUN is for them to ensure a woman doesn't stick it in her snatch. Another method is just to make it hard for her to find in the first place.
41JlRnUnoeL._AC_SX425_.jpg
41JlRnUnoeL._AC_SX425_.jpg (17.21 KiB) Viewed 1149 times
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

Fr0stByte
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Fr0stByte »

lol I have a similiar one but black and red gets to around 200C meant for paints and heat shrink.
Ladies:
Kitty - PipeDream Ultimate Fantasy Dolls
Wynter - WM166CM + 277 Head
Kizuna - Smart Doll - Her Thread: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&t=121837
Haruka - Smart Doll
Nao - DollHouse 168 - 80cm Elf - Her Thread: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 3&t=129287
Haruko - Elsa Babe - 102cm LB

Big Boobs

Post by Big Boobs »

8O Sheesh, how many "varieties" do heat guns come in? Here I thought hot pink was strange.

("hot" pink, get it? :drinking: )
Boobs. Big boobs.

Empresa2020
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Empresa2020 »

Great tutorial!
Are TPE samples sold by manufacturers like WM, used mainly to see skin colour, good enough for these kind of reparing? I guess there could be different kinds of materials that can be used for different purposes.

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

Empresa2020 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:17 am Great tutorial!
Are TPE samples sold by manufacturers like WM, used mainly to see skin colour, good enough for these kind of reparing? I guess there could be different kinds of materials that can be used for different purposes.
I am not sure, but my guess these samples come from dolls that failed QC, and they use the parts. Also they melt them down and repour for heads etc.
The batches of TPE will always differ and no will be the exact same. I have several from WM that are different tan, as they have changed the color over time.
However, I use all available TPE for repairs.
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

Empresa2020
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Empresa2020 »

Mishka1965 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:15 pm
Empresa2020 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:17 am Great tutorial!
I am not sure, but my guess these samples come from dolls that failed QC, and they use the parts. Also they melt them down and repour for heads etc.
The batches of TPE will always differ and no will be the exact same. I have several from WM that are different tan, as they have changed the color over time.
However, I use all available TPE for repairs.
Thanks for the answer. I guess we have to be careful with the material we are about to use, better test them first before applying your great techniques!!!

Empresa2020
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Empresa2020 »

Hi, I would like to suggest everyone to be very careful with the use of TPE glue, the liquid sold by many vendors. It is very useful but only if you are well aware of how to use it. Make sure to check tutorials first :thumbs_up:

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Empresa2020 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:33 am Hi, I would like to suggest everyone to be very careful with the use of TPE glue, the liquid sold by many vendors. It is very useful but only if you are well aware of how to use it. Make sure to check tutorials first :thumbs_up:
I'd like to up the anty on that statement and suggest that no one ever use anything labeled "TPE Glue" that doesn't come with an MDS. If they don't know what's in it, don't trust it.
There are hundreds of pages here on TDF on how to effectively use 3M 94 Tape Primer, and Xylene for repairs and making TPE paste. We know what is in it, and what it does, and it is consistent.
I throw away "TPE Glue" for the unknown hoax that it is.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

RevJack wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:25 am
Empresa2020 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:33 am Hi, I would like to suggest everyone to be very careful with the use of TPE glue, the liquid sold by many vendors. It is very useful but only if you are well aware of how to use it. Make sure to check tutorials first :thumbs_up:
I'd like to up the anty on that statement and suggest that no one ever use anything labeled "TPE Glue" that doesn't come with an MDS. If they don't know what's in it, don't trust it.
There are hundreds of pages here on TDF on how to effectively use 3M 94 Tape Primer, and Xylene for repairs and making TPE paste. We know what is in it, and what it does, and it is consistent.
I throw away "TPE Glue" for the unknown hoax that it is.

Reverend Jack
Hallelujah Rev
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

homersexual

Post by homersexual »

I wish I could be as positive, and I get where RevJack's coming from about the unknown nature of 'TPE glue', but my experience with primer has not been good, however the glue has been better. I'd like to know what's in it, I don't trust the manufacturers much (too many are too shady in all kinds of strange areas), but on that same note I cannot confirm the safety or quality of the TPE in my WM doll either (though it could exist, I just haven't seen personally any). The most transparent maker I've seen is Kimberdoll, and one of the guys at SiliconeLovers kindly sent me extensive information on Zelex.

Meanwhile Wheezer pointed out that the Primer I got may have been bogus. I don't think it was, but I believe anything's possible.

My point is there are a lot of unknowns and without any kind of 3rd party oversight the chemical makeup of dolls is just as mysterious as it is in 'TPE glue'. All should be approached with caution, and none are a one size fix. I'd be happier if I'd have had as much success with Primer as others so I could rely on a consistent repair material, but my experience with it has been awful and for me 'TPE glue' has been more effective and easier to work with (no TPE discoloring for example), whatever the stuff is made of.

Not to call anyone out, but I've only purchased it from TheDollHouse, so I'm counting on vendor reputation and good faith as to its safety and composition. 'TPE glue' from any other source like Amazon or eBay, etc, is strictly out of the question.

Rev's been crystal clear about Xylene; I think I'll leave that stuff to more experienced hands than mine.

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

Xylene is terrible stuff too, but at least it has a MSDS so it's a monster we can know. I'm strictly hot repair, but after losing feeling in my hands for a day in my 20's because my boss at the time gave me toluene to use without telling me the risks I like looking into the stuff I'm exposing myself to and keeping around the house.

johnmagicnl

Post by johnmagicnl »

Thank god, I didnt have to make any repairs yet. But after watching your videos, at least i am not so afraid of it anymore.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Technician, WOW! Loss of feeling anywhere from chemical exposure is not acceptable :thumbs_down:

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

Yeah, hot repairs are instant and require good ventilation but I'd rather do that any day.

INFORMATIONS