https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

Small dolls

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

Staraway
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Staraway »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8258485@N08/

I paint and detail dollfie bodies (the 1/6 scale ones, but I'm moving up to 1/3). Most of these bodies have sold. I sell dollfie bodies and other doll related stuff on eBay.

Doll_Luvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doll_Luvr »

PBShelley wrote:
Wow... that was quick. I wasn't expecting to see her for another month, at least. Congrats on her speedy arrival. She's lovely! I'm not crazy about angel wings, but I like that dress a lot.

Sorry to hear about the "annoyance." That seems to be the thing in dealing with these dolls. Sometimes, it's hit and miss. I'm not sure how tricky it is, but you can always get her different eyes. They're held in by putty of some kind. The putty on Mei's eyes is soft, so wouldn't be too difficult to remove. Apryl's eyes, the Super Dollfie, has a putty that's hardened... it would have to be very carefully chipped out I think. But, I like my dolls eyes as is, so no worries for me. :D

I had a couple email exchanges with Luts... mainly because a dress I ordered was out of stock and they wanted to know if I wanted a replacement or store credit. I found a replacement... the one she's wearing in the pics I posted. They were very courteous and apologetic. Sorry you didn't get what you were hoping for. But, as you said, she's growing on you as is. Sometimes, that can be better... a little surprise in her personality/appearance that gives her something unique. Her eyes look blue/gray to me in those pics. I take it you were asking for more pure blue?

Again, congrats! She's a real sweetie. I know she'll bring some joy into your life. It's just amazing how they can do that. My two BJDs are in Saya's room for now. Occasionally, I walk by and look into that room and see them and can't help but get a smile on my face. Sometimes, I just have to interrupt what I'm doing, walk in there and give them each a little kiss on the forehead. They have that kind of impact on me.

Off now, to check out that web site... 8)

~DL
If you can see yourself in the doll's happiness, you feel certain you can manage another day. ~ Doll maker Gentaro Araki

[url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10562]Saya's Albums[/url]

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

Oh yeah, she's growing on me so fast that exchanging her eyes is already out of the question :lol: I'll happily take her as she is, but will make an inquiry of Luts just to make sure they know my displeasure in spite of how pleased I am with them and Soony.

The reason I wanted them to be more blue is so I could use her to portray Lily in photoshoots to help promote the novel. Lily-Doll has always been so difficult for me to pose and move around that this smaller and way more poseable BJD would do better. But Lily's eyes are cobalt blue and it's an important color wrt the novel.

I think Soony's eyes are bluish-green. It's so hard to tell, even under a light. Still pretty, so I think I'll be passing on replacing the eyes at least for now. Eventually I'll want gold ones to portray the angel in the story, but that's down the line. That's why I got the angel outfit since what I wanted was sold out. Plus, I thought the wings were detachable. I can't recall if you've seen "Air", but the wings remind me of Ayu's winged backpack :D

For now, she definitely needs some lay-around clothes :lol:

But yeah, she's adorable, and they all have that impact on me too. Just have to smile looking at them, and feel the pleasure they give. Smiling and laughing help you live longer anyway, right? (Yes.) 8)

Thanks again :)
PBS
Lily Godwin & Eden Gardner's Doll Albums are here: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10095

Perry
Ex-Member

Post by Perry »

Heya PBS,

Just so you know; I've read lots of BJD owner posts about changing their dolls eyes, dealing with the putty that holds them in, etc. It's fairly common. In fact, some owners get in there and move the eyes around for photoshoots, not even replacing....just manipulating. So it cant be that hard.

(I can't give you first hand experience because the eyes on my BJD's are held in with springs and are a total no-brainer, piece of cake to move, take out and clean, replace, whatever I want to do)

It is easy to buy replacement eyes....several online stores carry shitloads of color options, and a wide variety of styles.

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

Thanks Perry, when I get to know her better I'll check with her. We're getting along great at the moment, and she's starting to warm up to me :) She was apprehensive as hell at first though :lol: I think she was reading my mind about the possibility of an (*whispers*) e-y-e t-r-a-n-s-p-l-a-n-t 8O

I really wanted the blue to be one that you can see from across the room; this hue is too subtle, but I find it so hard to complain! In the meantime, she can still be my Lily for shoots, at least, once she loses the wings she can LOL

I really need some other clothes for her but trying not to spend any more money. I'll spend my time instead at Den of Angels "learning up" :wink: But denim cutoffs and a blue and yellow tie-dyed tank top to re-enact her opening scene from the book; that'll do for starters. *runs off to count pennies*

PBS
Lily Godwin & Eden Gardner's Doll Albums are here: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10095

Crazyhorse

Post by Crazyhorse »

If the eyes only need to be blue for photos, maybe just alter them in photoshop?

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

That's something to consider should the need arise, thanks Crazyhorse :)

I have Paint Shop Pro 7 which should work just as well as the obscenely overpriced Photoshop, right?

Eye-work is really tricky though, as you wouldn't want to obscure the "twinkly" affects by painting over them. They're the most lifelike part of the doll and by deadening them you might make them appear more... well, dead :lol:

I'll give it a shot to see though; thanks!

PBS

Perry
Ex-Member

Post by Perry »

PBShelley wrote:
Eye-work is really tricky though, as you wouldn't want to obscure the "twinkly" affects by painting over them. They're the most lifelike part of the doll and by deadening them you might make them appear more... well, dead :lol:

I'll give it a shot to see though; thanks!

PBS
If/when you get to the point where you want to recolor eyes in a paint program, tell me and I'll tell you how to do it. It's easy.

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

Thanks so much Perry, I'll remember that :D

I can't help but laugh with delight whenever I see her; she's such a perfect little angel :o

PBS

Doll_Luvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doll_Luvr »

I took a stab at it... a simple Hue/Saturation adjustment. There are probably better techniques. But, just to give an idea.

Glad to hear she's bringing you so much joy. :D

~DL
If you can see yourself in the doll's happiness, you feel certain you can manage another day. ~ Doll maker Gentaro Araki

[url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10562]Saya's Albums[/url]

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

Thanks DL, that does lighten the iris up up a tad 8)

Her eyes are actually a neat color when viewed under natural light; almost a blue-green. When we (finally) get some sun I'll shoot a few more pics under better lighting.

When I feel up to tackling yet another can of worms I'll start playing around with Paint Shop Pro again, maybe right after the website/blog settles down. Long ago I used it to make mods for (that superhero game I can't remember the name of atm), so I'm sure it'll just be a matter of refamiliarizing myself with it...

I'm going to browse Den of Angels while the playoffs are on and slowly learn their range of movement and other basic need-to-know stuff. Did you find any sites in particular to be of help with regard to the Luts-Delf dolls' maintenance or handling or clothing aside from DoA?

She's a little angel :D But you know, she doesn't "talk" much like all the other dolls have, but we still communicate. Interesting 8O 8)

Staraway,
I forgot to say thanks for the link to your work 8) The detail is very well-done; I bookmarked the site to return to later. I was intrigued by the anime-style eyes also. Nice work! Just from the first page I could see that you leave little to the imagination; this is good because then it can be used for other things :D

Regards,
PBS

wender

Post by wender »

I did it! :D I ordered my little one this week.
She is a MINI Fée SHU SHU and I couldn't get her out of my mind for the last 6 weeks since I first saw her on the luts website.
I promised myself, no more doll stuff this year, even Nanami will not get any clothes and have to wear Naoko's instead. But I couldn't resist this Angel any longer. So I sold my old notebook and some other stuff on ebay and just got enough out of it to order her. Lets see how long it will take ;)

PBShelley
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PBShelley »

Congratulations Wender, I love her! There seems to be the slightest hint of mischief in those eyes though :lol: I understand what you're saying, every word :o

Surprisingly, my Soony came a LOT quicker than I was expecting, so you may be pleasantly surprised. Did you find suitable clothes for her? Because she most likely will come nude (though I don't know for sure about this model). And clothes are...costly 8O Soony's going to be wearing her angel outfit for awhile, I fear :lol:

Best of luck with the waiting!

PBS

KawaiiLuvr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by KawaiiLuvr »

Sweet thread. I didn't realize there were so many BJD owners here.

Here is the latest addition to my collection:

She's supposed to be Alice if you didn't notice. Very cute. Cost me a bit under $500 with face-up, body brushing and the outfit pictured. Unlike most other BJDs, she can stand all by herself (although of course she has a stand just to be safe). She's only about 12" tall, but very detailed.

SOOM (http://www.dollsoom.com) has some really nice dolls, and some original clothing styles and sets. They ship internationally and have decent prices for a direct sale. This is the next doll on my current wishlist, although I may have to wait a bit before a splurge on another doll:

What I would really like is for some company to produce a full-scale BJD with the same type of mold and style as the super-dollfie. I've only seen one on the market and its too expensive and not what I'm looking for. It seems that a doll like this could be produced cheaper than a silicon doll and could have other advantages (lighter weight, less wear and tear, etc.). Also for some reason the dollfies, in their anime-inspired artistic glory, seem to be more attractive than a lot of silicon dolls that go for photo-realism and land smack-dab in the middle of the uncanny valley. Or maybe its just me.

Has anyone else noticed a drop in the number of ebay listings for bjds? It appears the market might have bottomed out due to cheap chinese knock-offs. I remember there being pages of auctions with all sorts of custom work. Now its seems the list is rather short.

Doll_Luvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doll_Luvr »

Wow, more beautiful dolls. Way to go, wender. I wish her a safe and speedy voyage. I know she'll bring you much joy.

KawaiiLuvr, that Alice doll is so sweet looking. 8O

I want, I want, I want....... I want them ALL! Image

~DL

INFORMATIONS