Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Thinking about cancelling my order

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

mitchrd

Re: Thinking about cancelling my order

Post by mitchrd »

Do not buy from XXX that's for sure pretty sculpture but that's it. Would have never waisted that amount if the queue didn't take so long imna idiot and now thinking dolls are just not for me.

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

mitchrd wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:03 pm Yeah Sam got back to me yesterday to touch base real quick he has been under the weather and pretty sick so will take him sometime to catch up on emails I'm sure.
Ah, okay. I'm glad he got back to you, and it's good to have an idea of what's going and why there's such a delay with email replies.
mitchrd wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:15 pm Do not buy fromXXX that's forsure pretty sculpture but that's it. Would have never waisted that amount if the queue didn't take so long imna idiot and now thinking dolls are just not for me.
Damn, I'm sorry that happened to you. That's the thing about the whole doll game, a lot of the time we don't even know what we're getting until we actually buy it and it shows up. Of course we have reviews, and pictures from other owners and all that, but that only goes so far.

Maybe you should see if you can sell the XXX on the marketplace to recuperate some of the cost.

I've considered giving up on the doll game too at times and even considered just settling for a fleshlight and VR hahaha. I've tried that before, and it works pretty well surprisingly.

As hard as waiting for my Real doll is, I'm going to stick it out. Since Sam told me it was going to be 9-11 months, I'm going to at least wait the length of time he's initially given me before I make any drastic decisions. Judging by some of the things I've heard from other people who have ordered Real doll it might be a bit longer than 11 months, but probably not too much hopefully.

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

Yeah definitely sticking it out being past the point of no return and knew it was the only company and doll I would be happy with I just lost my patience and took a risk getting the XX was happy with my first doll other then the light tpe smell and planed on getting rid of her by the time the rd got here and thought the XX would be a good pairing with the rd but man very rubbery and very hard even though from what I read on here saying they are rhe softest of the China silicones next toXXX

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

See if who could sell it on the market place?

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

mitchrd wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:36 pm Yeah definitely sticking it out being past the point of no return and knew it was the only company and doll I would be happy with I just lost my patience and took a risk getting theXX was happy with my first doll other then the light tpe smell and planed on getting rid of her by the time the rd got here and thought the 1XXX would be a good pairing with the rd but man very rubbery and very hard even though from what I read on here saying they are rhe softest of the China silicones next toXX
I know what you mean about losing patience. It's pretty easy to do, especially when once upon a time it was a 3 to 4 month turn around for a Real Doll. Now we're looking at a year and a half wait, minimum.

I reckon for me the RD is likely the only doll I'm going to be happy with too, since I've wanted one forever, so there's a bit of emotion attached to that. I also think that once I get it, I'll have a pretty decent benchmark to judge other dolls by if I decide to buy any other brands down the track.
mitchrd wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:36 pm See if who could sell it on the market place?
Ah sorry, I mustn't have been clear in what I meant. I was talking about the market place here on the forum. I was just suggesting that you could advertise the XXX there, and someone might buy it off you. It was just a suggestion, take it for what it is. :glou:

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

Oh got ya yeah I might try to will give it a lil more time thank ya bud.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Hey Guys Please stop discussing/comparing other bands (good or bad) in a manufacturer thread. Please do that in Dolls in General or via PM.

Rule 12. Comparison of competing brands
Those wishing to discuss or compare competing doll brands should do so in the Dolls In General forum and not that of a specific manufacturer/vendor used in the comparison.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:06 am Hey Guys Please stop discussing/comparing other bands (good or bad) in a manufacturer thread. Please do that in Dolls in General or via PM.

Rule 12. Comparison of competing brands
Those wishing to discuss or compare competing doll brands should do so in the Dolls In General forum and not that of a specific manufacturer/vendor used in the comparison.
Sorry TJ. :(

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

ops sorry.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Thank you guys

:glou:
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

I've been trying to email Abyss again to find out what the status of my order is. I've been trying for three weeks, and now when I try and send an email I don't get the zendesk automated response anymore. Has that happened to anyone else that's emailed them in the last week or two?

It's really hard to stay optimistic about things when I've being waiting for three weeks already, and it appears that they've blocked my email or something because now I'm not even getting the automated email anymore.

Anyway, if someone can let me know if they've had the same thing, please let me know.

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

Sam isnt able to keep up right now with dealing with his medical issues. But from what I gathered they are on track still from when we talked 6-8 weeks ago plus they got a big budget increase to bring in more workers to help speed things up and get back to the old timings. So I Would expect your mid-June to Early July pour If not a little sooner he had some Dr app this week to get more test and info about whats going on with him and how serious it could be and get back to you asap. Try Thur Fri emails is also your best bet .

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

mitchrd wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:15 pm Sam isnt able to keep up right now with dealing with his medical issues. But from what I gathered they are on track still from when we talked 6-8 weeks ago plus they got a big budget increase to bring in more workers to help speed things up and get back to the old timings. So I Would expect your mid-June to Early July pour If not a little sooner he had some Dr app this week to get more test and info about whats going on with him and how serious it could be and get back to you asap. Try Thur Fri emails is also your best bet .
Sooo, Abyss haven't thought to get someone else to answer emails in Sam's absence because why? I can appreciate that Sam's sick and isn't able to keep up, and as I said before, I don't hold him personally accountable for Abyss' fuck ups, but the whole making people wait for three weeks to a month for an answer is pretty shitty and it's getting old really fast; I'm not the only that feels this way either. I'm half tempted to cancel my order and pursue a full refund just on principal. If they have a big budget why not put more people on to answer emails to help Sam out? Even just one or two people would make a big difference.

I hope you're right about my doll being poured mid-June to early July, but until I actually hear that from them I'm not getting my hopes up, and the longer they take to respond to my emails, the closer I get to cancelling my order and going elsewhere. Maybe when the shitty customer service starts effecting their bottom line, they might then decide to do something about it.

With all that being said, I do hope Sam recovers, and his illness isn't too serious. I can't help but feel that the stress of his job has had a lot to do with him getting sick too which again is Abyss' fault.

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

I get where you're coming from and agree with it. Yet to be fair I knew this was the case before I ordered yes it sucks that this is happening, I passed the point of no return for me RD being the one doll I really want the other two I bought while waiting for my RD haven't lived up to my expectations to the bar I feel RD set in my head. There's a chance that they don't either in all honestly yet then I will know this is just not for me yet was always to be short term thing anyway so no biggie. Best we can do is help each other with any info we do get so as soon as I know something you will too bud hope it all works out and satisfied at the end of it all.

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

mitchrd wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:47 pm I get where you're coming from and agree with it. Yet to be fair I knew this was the case before I ordered yes it sucks that this is happening, I passed the point of no return for me RD being the one doll I really want the other two I bought while waiting for my RD haven't lived up to my expectations to the bar I feel RD set in my head. There's a chance that they don't either in all honestly yet then I will know this is just not for me yet was always to be short term thing anyway so no biggie. Best we can do is help each other with any info we do get so as soon as I know something you will too bud hope it all works out and satisfied at the end of it all.
Well, I'm glad that I've got someone to give me some information because I'm getting nothing but radio silence from them.

I knew the doll was going to take a lot longer from the get go too, but the lack of communication makes the waiting longer than their advertised times (6-8 months) even worse. Each morning I open my inbox and see no email back from them I can't help but think of the worst case scenarios. Most people are pretty reasonable when it comes to delays on things they really want, and if they actually answered my emails within the 3-5 timeframe they claim they do on the website then there would be no problems. But ignoring people pretty much adds fuel to the fire and makes the long wait more agonizing than it should be and shows there's little to no respect for the customer at all, only the customer's money.

I'm not a rich person, and this is the most expensive thing I've ever purchased, so 13k is not a trivial amount of money for me which also adds to my distress because I've got nothing to show for it but a heap of unanswered emails. Yes, I'm sure the doll will be wonderful when it shows up, but that doesn't help me now in this present moment. I don't wish to be stressed out and irritated all the way up until I get my doll either, no matter how wonderful it's going to be. I've got enough bullshit going on in my life right now, I don't need this added to it.

I'm honestly baffled by the fact that a well known company like Abyss can take that sort of money off a person and then treat them like shit afterwards, that's some real Machiavellian shit right there. From where I'm standing, it pretty much comes across as "Thanks for the money, Jellynuts, you can fuck off now,".

Anyway, I think I'm going to give them till the end of the week to reply to me, and then I'll have to take further action against them. I don't really want to, but if getting a third party involved is the only way I can get a reply from them then that's on them.

INFORMATIONS