DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

Private Island Beauty

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hi!
From the tests we've run, our system has shown that there shouldn't be any need for snaps, rivets, magnets, gadgets, or gizmos. The heads just slip on. Very simple. That is our mantra. "Keep it simple!".
Patrick
info@privateislandtoys.com

aire_tam_storm
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by aire_tam_storm »

Hi! From the tests we've run, our system has shown that there shouldn't be any need for snaps, rivets, magnets, gadgets, or gizmos. The heads just slip on. Very simple. That is our mantra. "Keep it simple!".
Interesting. And the head has a full range of motion? To the sides, and up and down? With no mechanism to attach the head to the neck, I take it the silicone "squeeze" itself is what keeps the head on. That should work fine, but won't the silicone rubbing against itself wear down over time? I'm a bit curious about what sort of tests you've run.

Doodads

Post by Doodads »

aire_tam_storm wrote:
Hi! From the tests we've run, our system has shown that there shouldn't be any need for snaps, rivets, magnets, gadgets, or gizmos. The heads just slip on. Very simple. That is our mantra. "Keep it simple!".
Interesting. And the head has a full range of motion? To the sides, and up and down? With no mechanism to attach the head to the neck, I take it the silicone "squeeze" itself is what keeps the head on. That should work fine, but won't the silicone rubbing against itself wear down over time? I'm a bit curious about what sort of tests you've run.
I would image an insert repair kit would fix things easily. Just drill out the bad hole with a door knob drill. Then slip in and glue the new silicon insert.

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Bad hole?? I don't know what you are talking about. Our heads have an opening so as to fit onto the neck. It's that simple. The platinum is hard pressed to tear. Quite unlikely actually.

BTW...many thanks to those who have placed your orders. We're on it.
Best, Patrick
info@privateisland toys.com

bassdaddy58
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by bassdaddy58 »

If your full doll has the same legs and buns as the separate legs, you got a winner. Keep up the good work! Love those long legs!!! :wink:

Bassdaddy58 8)

aire_tam_storm
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by aire_tam_storm »

I'm just hoping he'll post a picture of the finished body rather than the unpainted prototype.. That "She's got legs" doll was ridiculously hot. My biggest gripe with this doll is she's a little on the tall side for me at 5'7.. But that's the price you pay for those long legs. :lol:

fuji

Post by fuji »

toonist wrote:Hi!
From the tests we've run, our system has shown that there shouldn't be any need for snaps, rivets, magnets, gadgets, or gizmos. The heads just slip on. Very simple. That is our mantra. "Keep it simple!".
Patrick
info@privateislandtoys.com
That's a very good thing, and a very good mantra too!! :D
BTW, I would like to know what are your projects about skin tone? Will you make asian or black or "fantasy" skin tone for example?
Oh and, does the heads come with a wig, and if yes, can we choose between different wigs?
And, if it is possible, can you give us some infos about the skeleton system? Would it be posable or not?

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Good questions!
We will have 5 basic skin tones.
Pale, Asian, Caucasian, Tan, and a darker skin tone that is remeniscent of a mixed race babe. (Hot Chocolate!)
Anything is possible. As far as fantasy skin tones...if you'd like bluish green with orange highlights? No problem.
The heads ordered seperately don't come with wigs unless ordered specially. Just let us know your preference and we'll get it for you. The full dolls will certainly come with a wig as per your preference.
The skeleton... While casting our "She's hot legs" piece we found that we could reduce the weight from 54 lbs to 23 lbs with a custom designed soft foam core. It's the same technique we will impliment with the full doll. The bones are sealed wire in pvc, which is then encapsulated in foam.
The foam has a position memory. It not only reduces the weight of the piece, but adds a structural integrity. No floppy babes over time here. No creaky joints. No nuts or bolts. Nothing to tear through or rip or discolor the silicone over time. As I said...simple. Even the ends of the pvc are doubly covered so there can be no abrasion over time. Definitely posable. Then she will naturally return to her initial pose.
I can hear the critics now...the wire can be bent over and over, thousands of times without breaking. No finger wires either. We want these pieces to be beautiful for a long time.
We're constantly learning how to accomplish just that. From coloring to shipping...it's a growing process. I always want to do better.
Also, I should note that with the pieces that we have put through the tests, namely, cutting them in half and trying to literally destroy them...the silicone does not seperate from the foam. They lock together.
Have a great weekend! Patrick

fuji

Post by fuji »

Sounds GREAT!!! I like this way of thinking!! To make as simple as possible...
I'm very enthusiast about your project and the way you do it!
Thanks for your answers!
Oh, just another question... If I order you a head before the end of the year, would it be possible to choose the skin color?

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Absolutely...:)

Just let us know..

Patrick Info@privateislandtoys.com

Sunsee

Post by Sunsee »

Well Patrick,
I will take you up on the head offer.

I'll just have to wait for that bubblebutt torso you may make one day.

Very nice work.

Sunsee
Too much of a good thing---- -----is even better.

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Thanks Sunsee!!
At least our dolls get to go to the beach this time of year. :)
We're molding a face that has an Asian look today. We're naming her "Calli"...just going down the alphabet.
Orders are like rocket fuel for us!!!
Best, Patrick
Info@privateislandtoys.com

toysin3d

Post by toysin3d »

Thanks for your constant updates Patrick; as one of those who have placed a layaway order it's exciting to read about the progress you are making. I just wish I could pay that balance off sooner than the end of January! :crazyeyes:

Not too far off though so I'll live... :lol:

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

am just curious toonist , you have said you have done all this reasearch and testing (which is good ) but what about any beta testers ?? actual people in the public ?? are you going to have beta testers before your doll goes out in the public for sale as other doll makers have done ?? :?
p.s. i am not knocking your doll in any way i think it looks very very nice , am not saying this to be a beta tester either ( as i can not afford to be one ) . :(

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

I suppose that the folks who have ordered her will certainly post their reviews. We won't put anything out there that we think is not up to par.

The core for the "Beauty" is looking good. I think we have left enough space for the silicone skin to feel soft and lifelike.
It was Jan 1st that I began the toys site . Here we are one year later...what a year...Still alive!!!
I'll post a pic of the new Calli tomorrow.
P

INFORMATIONS