kimberdoll.com

Introducing Ava (Kimber Doll) - Unboxing, review and ongoing picture thread

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
JustDude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Introducing Ava (Kimber Doll) - Unboxing, review and ongoing picture thread

Post by JustDude »

Oh forgot to ask, how do you like the Moeflavor quality, is it good? I'm quite happy with mine.

ClosetDollFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ClosetDollFan »

JustDude wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:37 am Oh forgot to ask, how do you like the Moeflavor quality, is it good? I'm quite happy with mine.
Based on the price I can’t complain, although it does feel a bit cheap. Let’s put it this way: I wouldn’t have wanted to pay any more (which was about $20 including shipping as the outfit was in a clearance sale).The button on the collar came off straight away so I’m going to have to sew it back on! Still, I want to learn how to sew anyway so this is as good a reason as any.
My girls:
Ava (Kimber Doll)
Jess (WM #233 on shared Kimber body)
Kelly (WM#273 on shared Kimber body)
Mila (WM #335 on shared Kimber body)

JustDude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustDude »

ClosetDollFan wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:40 pm
JustDude wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:37 am Oh forgot to ask, how do you like the Moeflavor quality, is it good? I'm quite happy with mine.
Based on the price I can’t complain, although it does feel a bit cheap. Let’s put it this way: I wouldn’t have wanted to pay any more (which was about $20 including shipping as the outfit was in a clearance sale).The button on the collar came off straight away so I’m going to have to sew it back on! Still, I want to learn how to sew anyway so this is as good a reason as any.
That's interesting. I agree, I defo wouldn't want to pay more. It's honestly not worth more, but I feel with that brand you're at least guaranteed a certain quality. With some others it's kind of a gamble, specially from Amazon lol.

I do like that Moeflavor has that style which is hard to find elsewhere.

Thanks for the feedback! :thumbs_up:

ClosetDollFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ClosetDollFan »

JustDude wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:50 am
That's interesting. I agree, I defo wouldn't want to pay more. It's honestly not worth more, but I feel with that brand you're at least guaranteed a certain quality. With some others it's kind of a gamble, specially from Amazon lol.

No worries! Fashion quality is very hard to gauge from shopping 'blind' online, so my expectations were quite low anyway. It was as I expected, but Ava looks great in it so it serves its purpose ;)
My girls:
Ava (Kimber Doll)

JustDude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustDude »

ClosetDollFan wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:07 am
JustDude wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:50 am

No worries! Fashion quality is very hard to gauge from shopping 'blind' online, so my expectations were quite low anyway. It was as I expected, but Ava looks great in it so it serves its purpose ;)
Yeah I'm supposed to be ordering a new doll pretty soon(ish) and was telling myself this bunny outfit would go great with the cat outfit I have.

Although they only have the M/L and 2XL/3XL left and those will certainly not fit Jennifer or E... nah I won't give out her name this early haha.

ClosetDollFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ClosetDollFan »

Another girl eh? Spill the beans, my good man! :thumbs_up:

You don't have to give away her name yet, but any other info is most welcome...
My girls:
Ava (Kimber Doll)

Throwaway12345
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Throwaway12345 »

I’m actually really surprised by the Kimber
She looks awesome
I did have my heart set on the wm157b for my first doll. I think I’ve changed my mind thanks to the OP’s extensive review and information.
Is it possible to use the WM / SE heads?

Yes I’m a total noob
Thanks for the in-depth info it’s hugely appreciated
Newbie so sorry for the stupid questions.
Love the itty bitty tittys

JustDude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustDude »

ClosetDollFan wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:42 am Another girl eh? Spill the beans, my good man! :thumbs_up:

You don't have to give away her name yet, but any other info is most welcome...
Well, after lot's of research I've settled on one doll in particular. Durability is one thing I was adamant on, so a silicone gal.

A Sanhui 160 AIO Nonoka. She's pretty expensive (over 4k with all the bells and whistles), and the seamless neck is arguably not worth the price increase, but that body is by far my favorite. Kinda hoping they'll have some kind of promotion towards the end of the year lol. I expect she'll last me a good decade or more.

Tayu came a close second, but have yet to see any reviews after years of use.

Edit: Now Tayu came with a deal. I may go Tayu LOL :lol:

ClosetDollFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ClosetDollFan »

Throwaway12345 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:16 am I’m actually really surprised by the Kimber
She looks awesome
I did have my heart set on the wm157b for my first doll. I think I’ve changed my mind thanks to the OP’s extensive review and information.
Is it possible to use the WM / SE heads?

Yes I’m a total noob
Thanks for the in-depth info it’s hugely appreciated
You're most welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed my unboxing and review! I do absolutely love my Kimber and think she's perfect for a first doll. One of the benefits is that she's really easy to customise - it's amazing the difference a good quality wig makes. Just browse the Kimber forum here and you'll see how different she can look with a variety of outfits and hairstyles!

Kimber has the standard M16 bolt to attach her head so yes, you can use different brands. The main thing to be aware of is the skin tone so that it will match Kimber's body. It can be a bit of a minefield matching skin tones as each manufacturer's definition of 'Light Tan' or 'Tan' varies due to their particular TPE mixes. I think I'm right in saying that a WM head in 'Tan' is the closest match to a Kimber, but for SE it's 'Light Tan'. Please ask other users who have used different heads, though!

If you take a look at this thread where I asked about a Starpery head on a Kimber body, you can see responses from some owners who have mixed and matched heads on Kimber: viewtopic.php?t=157826 And if you look at YungSynth's signature in that thread, they list a couple of their head and Kimber combinations :)

In this thread you can see a different head (WM 156) on a Kimber body about halfway down: viewtopic.php?t=148825
My girls:
Ava (Kimber Doll)

Throwaway12345
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Throwaway12345 »

I will definitely have a look
Thanks for taking the time to reply 😁
Newbie so sorry for the stupid questions.
Love the itty bitty tittys

Honcho

Post by Honcho »

Thanks for the advise about the head matching. For me i love my Kimber so much, I'm buying her a new body so of course need it to match as close as possible. Reason is her hands are SHOT!
Honcho

Image Image  Image Image

INFORMATIONS