kimberdoll.com

Oh the weight!!!!!

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
Honcho

Re: Oh the weight!!!!!

Post by Honcho »

So you have just got your new doll and wow, its a lot more heavy than you anticipated. What to do?

First of all don't panic! We have all been there, a brand new doll and no idea how to lift and carry them. So here is a little guide and video explaining as best I can of the technique I use to lift and move my two dolls. I have never suffered a back injury yet so I must be doing something right?

Stupidly, I call the Bridal Lift the Firemans lift on the video (Duh!!!) I adlib so make mistakes, but mostly the info is what i wanted to say.

Here's the Summary

Lifting from an elevated surface such as a bed or sofa.

The technique for lifting a dolls from an elevated surface such as a bed is as follows.
  • Make sure that her knee joints are locked straight and that her feet for facing forward.
  • Part her arms slightly so her fingers aren't at risk during maneuver.
  • Swing her legs off the edge of the bed
  • Step between her legs with one of your own legs, hold her shoulder blades with the palms of your hands and keeping your back as straight as you can, pull doll onto her heels so you can use them as a pivot.  Shuffle backwards taking small steps, pull doll with you pivoting upright on their heels.

Once the doll is standing upright, prepare for "Bear Hug" Lift.

• The bear-hug. Crouch down keeping your spine as straight as possible. Hold doll under buttocks and around the small of their back, hugging doll tightly to you straighten your legs and the doll should raise off the ground.

The can carry your doll this way and place down on their feet where you would like them to stand them.

Standing against a wall or the back of a sofa

Always splay the feet slightly when standing a long time so there is no chance of them falling sidewards.  There should be enough angle leaning back that she won't suddenly begin to topple forward. Always hold your doll a couple of inches or so away from the wall they are resting against, and let go to make sure they fall back into place OK.

Sitting your Doll

Start by lying your doll down on an elevated surface such as a bed or sofa.

Bend the legs into a sitting position while the doll is lying on her back

Pivot the doll around into a front sitting position. Make sure hands are elevated out of the way of the seat so the fingers are not knocked or bent out of shape.

Bridal Lift

This lift is used to move your doll from one location to another, where chances are you will be putting your doll into a sitting position. To do this lift lay your doll on her back and put her legs into a sitting position (as above). Place one hand behind her shoulder or neck (not head) and the other under her knees, Keeping your back as straight and as still as you can, stand up taking the weight of the doll with you.

Honcho

Image Image  Image Image

SyntheticDreamer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by SyntheticDreamer »

Thanks for the guide! I am a first time doll owner and found the visual guide for moving the doll around quite helpful!

When i ordered mine and saw ~70 pounds in my head i’m thinking well that’s lighter than all the girls i’ve dated. Then i realized when i went to lift her the first time, the girls i’ve dated typically would use a bit of strength in assisting movement.

Dead weight is a whole different story! 😂

zaxdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by zaxdoll »

For someone with health issue, weight is a major thing to deal with...
I'll choose the way of the minis/small dolls, easier to handle, to clean and to store, lots of advantage but not everyone can be intune with figures less than 110cm.
Some tries the 92cm Sanhui for example and found it's a very playfull doll instead of it's small size ;)
My two cents.

Tony S
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Tony S »

Realistic Love Doll
Has a Mini 118cm (46.46 in) TPE Love Doll – WM Doll – Liliana that weighs only 13kg (28,7 lbs) that I am interested in due to weight. That way I can use Liliana most of the time and my Kimber only when I feel able.
https://www.realistic-love-doll.com/pro ... l-liliana/
Tony S

INFORMATIONS