kimberdoll.com

Some questions for Kimber Doll

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Some questions for Kimber Doll

Post by seagull »

Butt.JPG
Butt.JPG (19.49 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
Re-doing the temperature thing.
Over the first couple of hours at max, the further away from the elements the longer it takes to warm up.
Temperature.jpg
Temperature.jpg (14.76 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
At this stage will have to use another hot pad to warm that butt from the outside during these colder days.
The external hot pad combined with the internal heater seems a better deal as the External temperature Blue line took a sharp turn upwards and the cavity starting to rise as well.

Still think a lot of heat is currently necessary to get it close to body heat.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Yeah...this is the problem in general with TPE...it's about as bad a conductor as you can possibly get heh.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Yup, takes a while to thoroughly warm up and being a poor conductor of heat, take a while to cool down again. And no I haven't done any measuring of the temperature drop over time, just enjoying a warm doll beside me as I go to sleep :)
In the mornings the doll is cooler but not the sub 15C room temperature

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Pleasantly surprised this morning, 31C on the side kept warm by my body heat but 25C on the other side. Still ok at 28C in the pelvic area :D

BuddyWackett
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BuddyWackett »

Hey Maviarab,

Looking for some thoughts from an experienced owner. I am looking at my first five foot plus type TPE or Silicone doll. Kimber seems like a crazy good deal for a newbie like me. But I'm also trying to look at other options in the used market. There are a few good vendors here that refurb and resale so a guy can get a doll with a few more features with some degree of wear (and sometimes tear) for the same price. The one feature that keeps me dragging my feet is the lack of standing feature. Not trying to BS anyone, as my first girl won't exactly spend as much time in the modeling studio as she will in the bedroom....so to speak. I know without the standing hardware built in, she is going to be way too heavy to leave standing as some others have discussed, I just understand mechanics and physics.

I'd like to see my doll being able to bend over to 'pick something up'. What do you think you might do as a novice with the same budget ($600 or less with shipping)? I'm not going to find my dream girl yet as I don't have that kind of money squirreled away and I do want to make sure I am as into this as I think I will be investment wise. BTW Natalia is amazing!

Thanks for any thoughts/info in advance!

BuddyWackett

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Hey Buddy,

Well, regardless of what some people may say, she CAN stand! End of, period, conversation closed. Saying something categorically cannot be done, is a blatant outright falsehood. I can take a pic right now for anyone if they like. The only time Natalia does not stand up is when I'm photographing her.

Am I personally taking the risk? Yes. Am I aware of the risk? Also yes. Is she still standing without any damage? Damn right she is. (btw my silicone DS has ankle issues...hinge an' all...how about that eh)?

As for a standing doll in that price range I'm afraid I can't and won't recommend anything. Not just for TDF reasons, but I could never recommend or advise someone to get a knock-off doll period. I'm sure you understand.

Ultimately, Kimber, dubious source, vendor's second...only you can make that choice unfortunately. Vendors do sometimes give some good deals for slightly less than new..all depends on the damage and where as to whether you think it would be worth it to you. All I can say in honest faith, no TPE ball, good quality, highly stain resistant (though I have finally given her one lol...my own fault)...she is currently my favourite doll of the three. Take that as you will.

I wish you well in your choices :)

BuddyWackett
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BuddyWackett »

Maviarab wrote:Hey Buddy,

Well, regardless of what some people may say, she CAN stand! End of, period, conversation closed. Saying something categorically cannot be done, is a blatant outright falsehood. I can take a pic right now for anyone if they like. The only time Natalia does not stand up is when I'm photographing her.

Am I personally taking the risk? Yes. Am I aware of the risk? Also yes. Is she still standing without any damage? Damn right she is. (btw my silicone DS has ankle issues...hinge an' all...how about that eh)?

As for a standing doll in that price range I'm afraid I can't and won't recommend anything. Not just for TDF reasons, but I could never recommend or advise someone to get a knock-off doll period. I'm sure you understand.

Ultimately, Kimber, dubious source, vendor's second...only you can make that choice unfortunately. Vendors do sometimes give some good deals for slightly less than new..all depends on the damage and where as to whether you think it would be worth it to you. All I can say in honest faith, no TPE ball, good quality, highly stain resistant (though I have finally given her one lol...my own fault)...she is currently my favourite doll of the three. Take that as you will.

I wish you well in your choices :)
I think that was all I needed my friend! Since I can swap heads down the road for a different look, I can’t see going wrong with her then.

BW

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Bath time is the preferred option over the shower, the small doll slides easily on wet bath surface making it simple to move her around without much effort.
BathTime.jpg
BathTime.jpg (337.74 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
CavityFlush.jpg
CavityFlush.jpg (454.33 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
Our taps all have diffusers fitted which makes it look as though a fire hose is being used.
Doing it this way means only water and fingers (trimmed fingernails) are in there, interesting feeling :thumbs_up:

The quick release coupling also lets me wash the head separately and reduces the doll weight carrying to the bathroom and back.
Also causes quirky thoughts about kissing a wet bodyless head/face :whistle:

INFORMATIONS