sanhuiofficial.com

Nymeria - A Custom Sanhui 161 Drow/Dark Elf

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Nymeria - A Custom Sanhui 161 Drow/Dark Elf

Post by Willendorph »

"Jaluk! I have word from the Underdark..."

"I'm afraid it's not good...."

Uh oh...

"My sister ....Mymernia has sent word that our house's coffers are low.....dangerously low...."

"If this continues, the lesser houses will start to plot against us!"

Wait, you have a sister? .....

(She's never mentioned a sister before....I wonder why...)

....and what's a coffer anyway?......

"Gold Jaluk!"

"We need gold to pay the mercenary ogres, the lizard handlers, the flesh-crafters ... not to mention the expense of purchasing quality sacrifices for Lloth..."

"I have sent word of my successful piratry and the bountiful riches that can be easily plucked from the weak and defenceless surfacers...."

"Get your things and be ready to cast off at a moment's notice...."

Look... errr.....

.....It's not that I don't want to go....

I just have....

(Need to think of something fast.... or it'll be "Jaluk, come here!... I need to use you as a flotation device..."😱)

I have....

A sore.... ermmm.....

penis?....?

"And you wonder why men are looked down on in drow society..."

"Very well..."

(YESSSSS!)

"We'll stop for ointment on the way..."

Dammmmnnnnnnnn!!!!

"I have already sent word and Mymernia will supply the fastest vessel we can afford...."

"Get your weapons ready...."

(Not the pistol.... anything but that...)

(Sure, with a crossbow she can hit a target at 400 yards.... with the pistol she's as likely to hit me as anyone else...)

"It's here - I can feel the magical energy coalescing...."

"I wasn't sure Mymernia would come through...."

"But... I have to say...."

*Buhh wiwiwiwiwiwiwiiiiiiiiiiiii*

(That magical light ... is that a portal opening...)

(Wait.....)

What the hell... it's tiny!

"TONAIK ELG'CARESS!!!!!!!!!"

"Mymernia! You filthy traitorous hag!!"

Errr.... I think we're gonna need a bigger boat...

"She always does this ...."

"The horrid shrill-voiced slut!!!"

"It's your fault House San'hui is bankrupt again!!"

"And to think, I procured a bottle of alcohol just to break across the bow for the naming ceremony!!!"

"RRRRRRRRRrrrrrrggggggggghh" 😑😑😑

"Well, I guess it'll be the life of a highwayman for us Jaluk..."

"Do you want to buy this bottle from me.. ?"

"....and empty your purse while you're at it!"

(Gulpppp)

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: ↑Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:14 am

"Jaluk! I have word from the Underdark..."

Your photos are always so good! The framing of the third one is definitely my favorite!

That is definitely a nice hat you got her!

I'm glad you managed to get her House in there. Such a great detail to keep to yourself!

Sorry to hear about your penis. :( I hope that gets better! lol.
Image Proud servant of Arachne Baenre, the drow elf.

Follow us on Twitter!

The Adventures of Arachne Baenre (Story thread)
Arachne the Domesticated Drow (Non-Story thread)
The True North Clan (Mini thread)
0013 Modifying and Maker thread

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:27 pm
Your photos are always so good! The framing of the third one is definitely my favorite!

That is definitely a nice hat you got her!

I'm glad you managed to get her House in there. Such a great detail to keep to yourself!

Sorry to hear about your penis. :( I hope that gets better! lol.
Thanks - that 3rd picture is like her Vampire Hunter D look or somethingπŸ˜… - I was playing with putting both box lights to one side as well which picks things up nicely with the hat. It was only Β£8 too and was much nicer than I expected when it arrived!

May the noble House San'hui dominate their enemies and crush all opposition. I want to know what the house insignia is now too...

It's worse than that, she took all the money that was going to be spent on the soothing ointment! 😟

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: ↑Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:46 am Thanks - that 3rd picture is like her Vampire Hunter D look or somethingπŸ˜… - I was playing with putting both box lights to one side as well which picks things up nicely with the hat. It was only Β£8 too and was much nicer than I expected when it arrived!

May the noble House San'hui dominate their enemies and crush all opposition. I want to know what the house insignia is now too...

It's worse than that, she took all the money that was going to be spent on the soothing ointment! 😟
Oh, nice! You know, I've actually been pleasantly surprised with the quality of some of the cheap stuff I've bought. Granted, we'll never know how well this stuff is going to hold up to normal use or constant washing, but it's definitely going to be just fine for dolls. I had multiple packages show up yesterday including the last of her clothing and accessories that I ordered. Only one more package to arrive. And, well, of course I'm still waiting for the package. But still no tracking number... I am getting very close to messaging Mike for an update. The suspense is killing me!

It's a good thing Arachne isn't here yet! She'd have a response to that, I have no doubt! Yes, you'll need an insignia... They don't seem to have a logo on their site, but there is one on the piece of paper they moved around Arachne when they took photos. What I'm referring to is in the color comparison photo I sent you. That might be a place to start. Let me know if you need a better view of it and I'll send the best version I have to you for reference.

Oh no! Well, borrow her pirate outfit and yo ho ho your way down to the local pharmacy! Or maybe you can convince her a massage would help ease your suffering?

Follow us on Twitter!

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: ↑Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:41 am Oh no! Well, borrow her pirate outfit and yo ho ho your way down to the local pharmacy! Or maybe you can convince her a massage would help ease your suffering?
How do you think I got this soreness problem! One too many massages! - and she wasn't exactly gentle 😢

I did go and check the photo you sent earlier and I can see the symbol, bit it's not that clear - would you send me the best photo you have of it? I'm hoping I can drow-ify it by sort of tracing it into black jaggerdy vision like the other house insignia! Then we can get printed t-shirts and stuff like a bowling team! 🀣

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

Photo_1678388703301.jpg
Photo_1678388703301.jpg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 687 times
Nymeria has also entered this month's Film Noir photo challenge with her "This Town ain't big enough for the both of us" photo.

Consider yourselves warned! πŸ˜‚
Photo_1678388701560.jpg
Photo_1678388701560.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 687 times

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: ↑Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:45 pm How do you think I got this soreness problem! One too many massages! - and she wasn't exactly gentle 😢

I did go and check the photo you sent earlier and I can see the symbol, bit it's not that clear - would you send me the best photo you have of it? I'm hoping I can drow-ify it by sort of tracing it into black jaggerdy vision like the other house insignia! Then we can get printed t-shirts and stuff like a bowling team! 🀣
Sounds to me like you've got an Icarus problem. You flew too close to the sun and got burned! 8O

Of course! I'll look through the photos again tonight and send you the best image I can. Unless something else in the photos distracts me. :whistle:

Around here there are sometimes little kiosks in the mall that will print you a custom shirt. I assume the quality is terrible, but as mentioned earlier it will probably be fine for a doll. I've been very tempted by these places to get Arachne some shirts. 'Lolth is my copilot' or 'Elliya Lolthu' (Test me, Lolth), perhaps. I've also thought about getting some patches made of the Baenre insignia to sew onto her clothes. An actual signet ring would be nice, but probably outside the price range I'm willing to pay.

Good choice on the black and white photo! It looks great! I like the angle of that photo with the hat on.

Follow us on Twitter!

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: ↑Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:22 pm Sounds to me like you've got an Icarus problem. You flew too close to the sun and got burned! 8O

Of course! I'll look through the photos again tonight and send you the best image I can. Unless something else in the photos distracts me. :whistle:

Around here there are sometimes little kiosks in the mall that will print you a custom shirt. I assume the quality is terrible, but as mentioned earlier it will probably be fine for a doll. I've been very tempted by these places to get Arachne some shirts. 'Lolth is my copilot' or 'Elliya Lolthu' (Test me, Lolth), perhaps. I've also thought about getting some patches made of the Baenre insignia to sew onto her clothes. An actual signet ring would be nice, but probably outside the price range I'm willing to pay.

Good choice on the black and white photo! It looks great! I like the angle of that photo with the hat on.
Yeah, a signet ring would be really cool - I mean I suppose the ideal thing lore wise would be to have a house insignia pendant like they wear in the books - along with a little bag thing to hide it in when you're going incognito!

If I can think of a way to make one, I might even try it, but the only things I can envision right now sound incredibly difficult!

I have actually seen a shirt a bit like that for Nymeria I was thinking of getting, but don't want to share it right now as it would ruin the shoot a bit! 🀣

Speaking of things like that though, one day I'd like to get a Book of Nymeria made with the photo stories printed in it - just to keep forever and preserve my work really.

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: ↑Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:37 am Yeah, a signet ring would be really cool - I mean I suppose the ideal thing lore wise would be to have a house insignia pendant like they wear in the books - along with a little bag thing to hide it in when you're going incognito!

If I can think of a way to make one, I might even try it, but the only things I can envision right now sound incredibly difficult!

I have actually seen a shirt a bit like that for Nymeria I was thinking of getting, but don't want to share it right now as it would ruin the shoot a bit! 🀣

Speaking of things like that though, one day I'd like to get a Book of Nymeria made with the photo stories printed in it - just to keep forever and preserve my work really.
Well, if you want to go for a necklace I have a great option for you that I just thought of. Custom medals, like the ones you got for sports or whatever as a kid. I'm on a site right now that's selling them for $4-8.50 each. A lot of them have nothing to do with sports and have a big 'Your Logo Here' section. Submit your House insignia, and that's it! Not the most elegant solution perhaps, but probably the cheapest! I'm half tempted, but I'm not spending any more money until she's here.

Except for a prop. I've located a prop, I just need to drive across town and pick that up. To be clear, a literal 3rd leg, stop her from falling over type of prop. Construction grade! So when she beats me over the head with it it won't bend or break!

We are lucky to be in an age where custom stuff is getting cheaper and cheaper for small batches. You can get a logo or words printed on nearly anything. There are sites where you can send schematics to get 3D printed if you don't have your own printer. Getting a custom book would probably be pretty easy. In the meantime, save your story posts to a document. Use Google Docs and it'll be saved to the cloud too. Doesn't get much safer than that, especially if you have the data sync with your computer for a local copy.

Got my tracking number this morning! She hasn't left yet, and at this point probably won't until Monday, but at least I have a number! Looks like she's coming via an Ultimate Planar Spell much like Nymeria did.

Follow us on Twitter!

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:19 am Well, if you want to go for a necklace I have a great option for you that I just thought of. Custom medals, like the ones you got for sports or whatever as a kid. I'm on a site right now that's selling them for $4-8.50 each. A lot of them have nothing to do with sports and have a big 'Your Logo Here' section. Submit your House insignia, and that's it! Not the most elegant solution perhaps, but probably the cheapest! I'm half tempted, but I'm not spending any more money until she's here.

Except for a prop. I've located a prop, I just need to drive across town and pick that up. To be clear, a literal 3rd leg, stop her from falling over type of prop. Construction grade! So when she beats me over the head with it it won't bend or break!

We are lucky to be in an age where custom stuff is getting cheaper and cheaper for small batches. You can get a logo or words printed on nearly anything. There are sites where you can send schematics to get 3D printed if you don't have your own printer. Getting a custom book would probably be pretty easy. In the meantime, save your story posts to a document. Use Google Docs and it'll be saved to the cloud too. Doesn't get much safer than that, especially if you have the data sync with your computer for a local copy.

Got my tracking number this morning! She hasn't left yet, and at this point probably won't until Monday, but at least I have a number! Looks like she's coming via an Ultimate Planar Spell much like Nymeria did.
Ah yes, the dreaded Ultimate Planar Spell! Still, I've been told by Nymeria that the winds of magic are less turbulent currently than they were in 2020, and that the journey is likely to be much easier! It does obviously depend on how many poor rivvil Arachne stops to murder on the way though, so nothing is certain. That's really exciting though - I guess you won't get a delivery date estimate until she's actually picked up though? - she might ship out over the weekend. China doesn't seem to care what day of the week it is πŸ˜…

The custom medal isn't a bad idea. Might have to be a future project!

Literal prop sounds like fun. She'll appreciate a good sturdy jaluk-beater when she arrives!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: ↑Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:12 am Ah yes, the dreaded Ultimate Planar Spell! Still, I've been told by Nymeria that the winds of magic are less turbulent currently than they were in 2020, and that the journey is likely to be much easier! It does obviously depend on how many poor rivvil Arachne stops to murder on the way though, so nothing is certain. That's really exciting though - I guess you won't get a delivery date estimate until she's actually picked up though? - she might ship out over the weekend. China doesn't seem to care what day of the week it is πŸ˜…

The custom medal isn't a bad idea. Might have to be a future project!

Literal prop sounds like fun. She'll appreciate a good sturdy jaluk-beater when she arrives!
Yes, the arcane energy is much less chaotic. Since I posted that this morning, I've gotten an email from the Magic Winds already requesting duties because even magic can't bypass customs! The delivery date is Thursday. She's been picked up and she should arrive next Thursday. THURSDAY! There is no emoji on this site capable of expressing how I currently feel. I'm not sure if the energy and emotions in me is going to make me more productive than ever this weekend, or just completely dead.

Of course, she's scheduled to arrive on the first of two days that I can't really take off because the boss already did... Gonna monitor the situation over the weekend, but that means I'll probably have to get her sent to the nearest collection point and get her after work, which means it will be the longest day at work I have ever had.

Follow us on Twitter!

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:34 pm Yes, the arcane energy is much less chaotic. Since I posted that this morning, I've gotten an email from the Magic Winds already requesting duties because even magic can't bypass customs! The delivery date is Thursday. She's been picked up and she should arrive next Thursday. THURSDAY! There is no emoji on this site capable of expressing how I currently feel. I'm not sure if the energy and emotions in me is going to make me more productive than ever this weekend, or just completely dead.

Of course, she's scheduled to arrive on the first of two days that I can't really take off because the boss already did... Gonna monitor the situation over the weekend, but that means I'll probably have to get her sent to the nearest collection point and get her after work, which means it will be the longest day at work I have ever had.
My experience has been that they don't often hit the estimated arrival date when it comes to dolls! Collecting might actually be easier because otherwise they're likely to load her for delivery, but then decide she's too heavy and they can't be bothered and drive her back to the depot.

Shiori was a nightmare like that - they were supposed to deliver her Thursday or Friday, missed it, then locked her up in the depot all weekend- she did arrive Monday, but by then it was like 4 extra days of wait which was unbearable. As you can imagine, on Thursday I was already excited like a 6 year old on Christmas morning who's just drunk 3 bottles of coke!...by Monday I was chasing every delivery van barking and foaming at the mouth! πŸ˜…

Still, having a delivery date is a very good thing!

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: ↑Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:11 am My experience has been that they don't often hit the estimated arrival date when it comes to dolls! Collecting might actually be easier because otherwise they're likely to load her for delivery, but then decide she's too heavy and they can't be bothered and drive her back to the depot.

Shiori was a nightmare like that - they were supposed to deliver her Thursday or Friday, missed it, then locked her up in the depot all weekend- she did arrive Monday, but by then it was like 4 extra days of wait which was unbearable. As you can imagine, on Thursday I was already excited like a 6 year old on Christmas morning who's just drunk 3 bottles of coke!...by Monday I was chasing every delivery van barking and foaming at the mouth! πŸ˜…

Still, having a delivery date is a very good thing!
That is why I haven't mentioned anything to my coworkers yet. I'm watching the tracking and seeing what happens. I'm actually starting to wonder if she might be here sooner (drow are good at motivating people). Today she's got an export scan in Shenzhen, a massive coastal city beside Hong Kong. I'd say it's safe to say that the next stop is North America. The question is will she end up going through a hub in the US, or come straight to Canada? You are probably right that the most likely spot for delay is the last mile. Tracking shows that the box is 43kg, or 95lbs! Oh, or 6.7 stone :P Hefty. I'd much rather someone come to my door with her on a 2-wheeler than me try and lug her out of the Access Point, stuff her in the car (It's a hatchback, space isn't the issue), then wrangle her into the house by myself. I do have a 2-wheeler, but I'd also prefer some subtlety when she arrives which is easier to accomplish if they do deliver her between 10:45 and 2:45 like it says on the tracking, vs me parking in front of my house (far easier than trying to bring her in from the garage) and loading her on the 2-wheeler and getting her inside after 5 PM while everyone's coming home. The neighbor's kids will ask what it is (and I'll just tell them flat pack furniture) and then their dad will offer to help... But the biggest benefit I see to getting her delivered is time. If she arrived within that window they tell me, I've got the rest of the day with her. If I pick her up after work, that's going to be closer to 6PM by the time I get her home and inside.

I've been thinking about this a little, if you can't tell, and I lost sleep over it last night. It's going to be a long few days... 8O

Follow us on Twitter!

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

agent0013 wrote: ↑Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:29 am That is why I haven't mentioned anything to my coworkers yet. I'm watching the tracking and seeing what happens. I'm actually starting to wonder if she might be here sooner (drow are good at motivating people). Today she's got an export scan in Shenzhen, a massive coastal city beside Hong Kong. I'd say it's safe to say that the next stop is North America. The question is will she end up going through a hub in the US, or come straight to Canada? You are probably right that the most likely spot for delay is the last mile. Tracking shows that the box is 43kg, or 95lbs! Oh, or 6.7 stone :P Hefty. I'd much rather someone come to my door with her on a 2-wheeler than me try and lug her out of the Access Point, stuff her in the car (It's a hatchback, space isn't the issue), then wrangle her into the house by myself. I do have a 2-wheeler, but I'd also prefer some subtlety when she arrives which is easier to accomplish if they do deliver her between 10:45 and 2:45 like it says on the tracking, vs me parking in front of my house (far easier than trying to bring her in from the garage) and loading her on the 2-wheeler and getting her inside after 5 PM while everyone's coming home. The neighbor's kids will ask what it is (and I'll just tell them flat pack furniture) and then their dad will offer to help... But the biggest benefit I see to getting her delivered is time. If she arrived within that window they tell me, I've got the rest of the day with her. If I pick her up after work, that's going to be closer to 6PM by the time I get her home and inside.

I've been thinking about this a little, if you can't tell, and I lost sleep over it last night. It's going to be a long few days... 8O
Look on the bright side, 43kg is lighter than Shiori when she's got nothing on at all! I think Nymeria is somewhere around the 35kg mark and the box with padding and stuff tends to add about 10kg, so that's about right.

This is the worst part of the wait - the closer she gets the worse it will become. I just hope they can get her to you in record time without the customary fuckups! (Now that I've written that, I'm fairly sure the company was once called Fuck-UPS, bit they had to change the name and lost that first bit....🀣)

agent0013
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by agent0013 »

Willendorph wrote: ↑Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:54 am Look on the bright side, 43kg is lighter than Shiori when she's got nothing on at all! I think Nymeria is somewhere around the 35kg mark and the box with padding and stuff tends to add about 10kg, so that's about right.

This is the worst part of the wait - the closer she gets the worse it will become. I just hope they can get her to you in record time without the customary fuckups! (Now that I've written that, I'm fairly sure the company was once called Fuck-UPS, bit they had to change the name and lost that first bit....🀣)
What! I don't know how tall Shiori is but you're into the realm of what a human could weigh! Sanhui says 32kg for the 161, but I believe the 'soft' options add some more, and I don't know if the head is included in that, so 35kg is probably correct. I don't have a bathroom scale, so I guess I'll never know!

No. It can't get worse. I don't know if I can handle worse!

I used to hate UPS, but I feel they've gotten better over the years. Every time I ordered something it was a massive headache to get it because I was never home and couldn't send it to work at the time. You'd have to fight at the depot to get it and I was to the point that I'd happily pay extra to get something shipped with anything but UPS. Now I can go online and waive the signature requirement and ask them to put a package at the back door (not that I'd do this with Arachne!), or send it to an access point. I have problems getting them to come pick stuff up (both personally and at work), but I can also drop it off at the access point which isn't too far out of my way. I've never had anything damaged by them, and considering we're talking about ~10kg of packaging I think they'd have to try pretty hard with Arachne! Besides, if they break the seal on that box they'll also break the spell that's keeping her asleep. She'd regain consciousness and come out of there like an Egyptian mummy curse and kill everyone present. From what I understand, if the box is opened properly and the spell is broken with the proper ritual she'll be much more docile.

Follow us on Twitter!

INFORMATIONS