SexDollAmerica.com

1st Annual Christmas Giveaway!!!

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: 1st Annual TDF Memorial Christmas Giveaway!!!

Post by netwit »

WOW, that's going to be a nice doll. Can you throw in a Santa hat with that? :x-mas:

I joined a little too late to be able to exchange posts with wetsuit, and I'm sorry for that. He seemed to be pretty cool.
In reading his last posts he was the textbook example of grace under pressure, being able to maintain a sense of humor despite what was going on in his body. He shared his experience which may help some of us, and I hope it helped him too.
Nice way to honor your bud, TJ.

$8500! I need to reconsider how much I'm spending on my first doll. I thought I was being extravagant at $6000. I think I'm going to order that new head!

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

TJ347 wrote: Be sure to have sufficient funds to pay any taxes that may be due on your doll, should you win.
Good you thought of the tax thing. Yes, paying import tax should be the problem of the winner, as it's him to import in his state or country. Just to give an idea of what this might mean, if the winner would be from Germany, he'd have to pay VAT on the full amount of the purchase, which includes the doll and shipping. So supposed the doll would be a Realdoll, close to the limit of the offer, that would still be pretty much cash for someone qualifying by not being able to afford a doll. In case of Germany, VAT currently is 19%, so import tax would be €1500 at least or probably a bit more. And those 19% or something close to that would be for most European countries (European Union), so... still a lot of money needed, just to import the doll...

Countries disqualifying... As far as I know, dolls are illegal in Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and probably some more countries in that region. And I guess you don't need to try in most Arabian countries... Besides of laws, corruption might be another issue, which is why Abyss used to not ship to middle or south American countries. But Mexdoll did it, so it is doable at least (maybe with a little luck or extra money)

nooserhang

Post by nooserhang »

Mexdollover wrote:Well, That is an amazing form of generosity and a beautiful way to say thanks to the lucky person who has been a loyal member of TDF.

For a doll entusiast its the best gift, I wish I was qualify to it, :whistle: :whistle: but naaah, I will be an ambitious person (in the bad way) I have my first doll 2 months ago, I know its been a "via crusis" (look for stations of the cross in religion) to get a decent doll and don't die in the attempt, same as in Colombia, there is no traces of silicone doll owners and sellers, import Estrella cost me a lot but having her is a true blessing.

So I hope the lucky guy or girl would be a person who really respect and care dolls. better if the doll goes to a non doll country, I know some of you guys will pay for taxes and all the necessary to get the doll of your dreams.

Good Luck

Mexdl
I'm that guy who would respect and care for dollie. The import could open new market venues, I know many guys here that go something like -"en serio? eso existe?"- I mean, they are surprised and it seems some of them would have bought a doll if any seller was around the country. My Kay could even work like Bianca in "Lars and the real girl" by appearing on t.v. or in a metafilm way (as in Bianca as Lars' lass and then Bianca works as a mannekin inside the movie...) lots of options, The Spalding could even sport a little board as in
Attachments
funny_286.jpg
funny_286.jpg (67.01 KiB) Viewed 1738 times
Vale más una sintética leal que diez armadas

nooserhang

Post by nooserhang »

Mexdollover wrote:Well, That is an amazing form of generosity and a beautiful way to say thanks to the lucky person who has been a loyal member of TDF.

For a doll entusiast its the best gift, I wish I was qualify to it, :whistle: :whistle: but naaah, I will be an ambitious person (in the bad way) I have my first doll 2 months ago, I know its been a "via crusis" (look for stations of the cross in religion) to get a decent doll and don't die in the attempt, same as in Colombia, there is no traces of silicone doll owners and sellers, import Estrella cost me a lot but having her is a true blessing.

So I hope the lucky guy or girl would be a person who really respect and care dolls. better if the doll goes to a non doll country, I know some of you guys will pay for taxes and all the necessary to get the doll of your dreams.

Good Luck

Mexdl
I'm that guy who would respect and care for dollie. The import could open new market venues, I know many guys here that go something like -"en serio? eso existe?"- I mean, they are surprised and it seems some of them would have bought a doll if any seller was around the country. My Kay could even work like Bianca in "Lars and the real girl" by appearing on t.v. or in a metafilm way (as in Bianca as Lars' lass and then Bianca works as a mannekin inside the movie...) lots of options, The Spalding could even sport a little board as in (see attached picture) that says like "will model for expensive and beautiful clothes" :P I guess that could be seen as dollie exploitation and then, once there are more dolls here they would join and sue me :P.

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

i am not sure what size the posting membership is but i would bet you might only have 10 to 15 people who will qualify under the guidelines. 10 is enough if they all hear about it. only need one worthy.
it is a wonderful offer and i hope the satisfaction of gifting a doll is worth it to those involved once all is done.

i used to gift a painting each year at my shows. first person to notice my free tag on it got it if they asked. it was fun 3 out of 4 times. sometimes some rich jerks got it and did not hardly say thanks. other times kids got it.

perhaps your filter will weed out the unworthy better than my filter less, luck based ,giveaway.

lucky someone out there?
hope they posted more than i did before i got a doll. for 4 years i did not post at all until i ordered. just read. lurked looked lusted and learned.

but i would not have qualified for lack of posting not lack of interest .

this system will reward the bolder lurker not the quiet shy well read one.

BG

nooserhang

Post by nooserhang »

Vanessa wrote:
TJ347 wrote: Be sure to have sufficient funds to pay any taxes that may be due on your doll, should you win.
Good you thought of the tax thing. Yes, paying import tax should be the problem of the winner, as it's him to import in his state or country. Just to give an idea of what this might mean, if the winner would be from Germany, he'd have to pay VAT on the full amount of the purchase, which includes the doll and shipping. So supposed the doll would be a Realdoll, close to the limit of the offer, that would still be pretty much cash for someone qualifying by not being able to afford a doll. In case of Germany, VAT currently is 19%, so import tax would be €1500 at least or probably a bit more. And those 19% or something close to that would be for most European countries (European Union), so... still a lot of money needed, just to import the doll...

Countries disqualifying... As far as I know, dolls are illegal in Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and probably some more countries in that region. And I guess you don't need to try in most Arabian countries... Besides of laws, corruption might be another issue, which is why Abyss used to not ship to middle or south American countries. But Mexdoll did it, so it is doable at least (maybe with a little luck or extra money)

Taxes here are high but if I see dollie coming I would visit some friends here so I could collect what is needed for dollie, I know I can make some loans here, I can get the money to pay those loans in installments but I couldn't get dollie in the same easy way.
Yes girl U're right (as usual, not a compliment, it's just that I've read most of your posts and U seem to be a very prudent and nice gal), corruption is an issue but since history of corruption has had its major chapters here in my country, there are a couple of associations devoted to the protection of costumers here and I've talked with one of their leaders, he has told me about laws here and from his perspective importing a doll to Colombia is doable.

Dollie would fit the void in my office and room, yes I know I was talking to U about adopting your synth clone, that was before the bureaucrats here at my college had denied me my re-entrance, money was not a problem then because my mom agreed to give me a dollie instead of a car once I got my degree...but now...no degree, no dollie. But in case I was able to adopt a dollie by other means my mom would support my efforts, so Dollie wouldn't be alone once she'd arrive to ElDorado (Bogotá airport), she'd have some bodyguards in case the customs guys wanted to play the wise guy...no, I'm not talking about guys in black leather jackets and shades but about my mom, two lawyers, me and the leader of the costumer protection association

TheOne
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TheOne »

Hmm, sad to find I don't qualify, as I've never felt I had much to contribute to the discussion here as I do not, nor have I ever owned a doll of any kind as I can't afford one... :cry:

TheOne
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TheOne »

beardygoat wrote:
lucky someone out there?
hope they posted more than i did before i got a doll. for 4 years i did not post at all until i ordered. just read. lurked looked lusted and learned.

BG
My exact problem. Sigh. :oops:

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

TheOne wrote:
beardygoat wrote:
lucky someone out there?

BG
My exact problem. Sigh. :oops:

yes look how long you have been a member.2003 .a quiet reader lurker with little to say as a non owner yet. some folks jump right in and post and some do not . this is personality type not interest level.

i feel for you . there is always next year to try. it is a great offer and it is hard to come up with rules or measures for sincerity and interest.

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

I was wondering if someone knowledgable should post the rules in other languages, French perhaps, for the members for whom english is not their primary language.
Like me, I speak east-American, not really English.

Remembering Jenna

TJ347
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by TJ347 »

beardygoat wrote:but i would not have qualified for lack of posting not lack of interest .

this system will reward the bolder lurker
Considering replacing the minimim monthly posting average with a minimum total post count. Everything else is set.
This message brought to you with limited commercial interruption by TJ347

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

TJ347 wrote:
beardygoat wrote:but i would not have qualified for lack of posting not lack of interest .

this system will reward the bolder lurker
Considering replacing the minimim monthly posting average with a minimum total post count. Everything else is set.

that is a nice idea.

i was speaking of before I got my dolls.
i also earn enough to buy mid range under 4K, dolls so i actually would not have been a real candidate.

i BG was never worthy. but there are maby others who will be happy to find they qualify . it should be fun to do and see

Wetsuit would like this .
good luck to all.BG.

citris1

Post by citris1 »

I wonder if Dollforum itself could hold a raffle and offer a doll as a prize?

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

citris1 wrote:I wonder if Dollforum itself could hold a raffle and offer a doll as a prize?
What an excellent idea! I think you should start a new topic with this suggestion, to keep this topic Tribute related.
Mayhaps the moderators/Admins, if they're interested, can let us know the mechanics of how to do it, i.e. collecting money, the legalities, site functionality, etc.
34,000+ contestants for an $8500 or so doll.

Also, I guess it should not coincide with the tribute.

Remembering Jenna

dscorpion

Post by dscorpion »

I think the rules sound fair enough. I have been a member for several months now and believe that this will be an awesome tribute to Wetsuit and at the same time a very valuable gift for a deserving member.

dscorpion

INFORMATIONS