https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

The boys: my male BJD's

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: The boys: my male BJD's

Post by muesky6969 »

Okay ShadowCat, I have been looking at BJD for a while and reading up on care, etc. From what I have read they are really fragile and take a lot of work to keep them from discoloring, etc. Is this true? I am okay with the wait time, I just don't know if I need another doll that takes so much care...

I found one I really, really like and am trying to decide to make the plunge but with the custom wig, eyes and everything he is going to end up being really expensive. Not right now, I have to get the dolls I have squared away first, but I am really struggling with the BJDs because the doll I want the company will also make him with articulated fingers, which are a must for me.. Of course the cost of clothes is also an issue, can't get those at the thrift store. Because of the level of care, I may just hold out for another full size guy.

I have been looking at phicen dolls. They have a Henry Cavill doll that is awesome..
I have also been looking at phicens..
Morghana The Doll Witch!! Where I take Science and a little bit of Magic to make my dolls their very best selves...

Morghana's Doll Emporium Thread
viewtopic.php?f=229&t=145649[/i]

Check out “The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM”: (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybCey ... AgqYdgmSXg

Misty38UCI
Doll
Doll

Post by Misty38UCI »

Dude has style.

ShadowCat

Post by ShadowCat »

muesky6969 wrote:Okay ShadowCat, I have been looking at BJD for a while and reading up on care, etc. From what I have read they are really fragile and take a lot of work to keep them from discoloring, etc. Is this true? I am okay with the wait time, I just don't know if I need another doll that takes so much care...
I don't think they are that difficult to care for, although I am not handling mine or photographing them daily. All you have to do about the discoloring is to keep them out of direct sunlight and just like our full sized dolls, do not leave dark colored clothes on them. Some resin tones will change slightly over time, but from what I understand that is normal. My oldest BJD (about 3-4 years) has a slightly more yellow tone to his skin than when he was brand new, but this change is even and you probably wouldn't know unless I told you. Dark colored clothes can leave stains on resin, so I take off those clothes after I take pictures. My dolls hang out in light colored clothes or yukata type robes. (There is also stain prevention underwear for BJD's).

I don't know how messy other people are, but my house is clean and I have only had to wipe down my dolls if they got dirty from an outside photo shoot. I have never taken apart my oldest doll (or the others) for cleaning/re-stringing as they have not needed it yet. I'll cross that bridge eventually. I actually spend more time taking care of Luca than my BJD's.

As far as fragility goes, a well made BJD is not going to break from gentle handling. It may from falling off a high shelf or dropped onto a hard surface (I think this is more likely to cause broken fingers, scratches, rather than breaking the body of the doll). Since my boys are tall at 70 cm +, I always use a doll stand for stability when they are standing, but place them sitting when they are just hanging around. I did have the face-up re-done on my oldest doll, as his old one was damaged with repeat handling.

I do not know anything about modifications for BJD's as I have never done any, but I do have jointed hands for my oldest doll. I am very careful with them and would say they are fragile. I only put them on for pictures and leave his default hands on the rest of the time. Changing the hands is a bit of a pain in the butt.

Hope that helps!
BJD's: Loong Soul Hao Tian, Loong Soul Black Dragon, Dolk Mikazuki, Ringdoll Lan Wangji, Ringdoll Wei Wuxian, Ringdoll Xie Lian, Ringdoll Hua Cheng
Smartdolls: Alot!
Former Male RealDoll2: Aki (Body B, Nate face)
WM 160 cm Male: Luca (face 78), tan skin tone

Nyxxxxx

Post by Nyxxxxx »

I've never been interested in smaller dolls but the more I see of these BJD dolls the more I like them. Setsu is stunning ShadowCat :)
My cute little monkey Nate : WM 160CM Male Head 78 Medium skin tone

ShadowCat

Post by ShadowCat »

This is Hao Tian (HT), my first and oldest BJD. He is also my tallest at 73 cm. His name and character are original from the company, Loong soul, as I already adored him as he was made. This is his default outfit with jointed claw hands. He is a dragon spirit and uses magic. His beautiful face-up was done by Angel Toast.
Attachments
HT resize.jpg
HT resize.jpg (72 KiB) Viewed 249 times
HT woods BW.jpg
HT woods BW.jpg (1.47 MiB) Viewed 249 times
HT woods.jpg
HT woods.jpg (1.55 MiB) Viewed 249 times
HT woods 3.jpg
HT woods 3.jpg (2.66 MiB) Viewed 249 times
HT woods 2.jpg
HT woods 2.jpg (2.41 MiB) Viewed 249 times
BJD's: Loong Soul Hao Tian, Loong Soul Black Dragon, Dolk Mikazuki, Ringdoll Lan Wangji, Ringdoll Wei Wuxian, Ringdoll Xie Lian, Ringdoll Hua Cheng
Smartdolls: Alot!
Former Male RealDoll2: Aki (Body B, Nate face)
WM 160 cm Male: Luca (face 78), tan skin tone

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Oh man, he is so cool!
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male