The Newly wed guide by Jeff and the BCD Girls

We turn dreams into reality!
femdoll

Re: The Newly wed guide by Jeff and the BCD Girls

Post by femdoll »

Nah the smell is from TPE, since... the body had the same smell... and yeah, it will probably go away, but...
Why would you have to oil the body then, but not the head? I thought it was also to get the 'factory resins' out of it... A well, did it anyway hehe...
(and, if it's not necessary, it would be helpfull to tell that in that list :), just saying )...

For the makeup and stuff, I was planning to do the makeup myself anyway, since, straight from the factory, it's not that outstanding, quite plain looking. And... it would wear out sooner or later, so have to learn it myself anyway. For photo's ... I need to use some kind of 'stronger' make-up.

Btw, do you guys use waterproof make-up or just 'ordinary' one?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

The head is not under stress like the body from bending, twisting and so forth and typically is not handled and squeezed as much, so the face is usually not included when doing an oil rub in order to preserve the factory make-up. If you're not concerned about that and don't mind re-gluing eyelashes... go for it.

Different owners use different techniques to remove the factory muck. Some clean with baby oil. Wipe on, wipe off, repeat, until no more crud comes off. Others like myself, just use soap and water and wait a month or so before doing the initial oil rub and every 3 to 4 months after that. Some folks oil more often, others not at all. Maintenance requirements can vary a lot. Depends on the doll, how it's used and in what environment. The best technique is whatever works best for you and your particular situation. I always say, look your doll over and feel her skin, she'll tell you when she needs cleaning and when it's time for oil. :wink:

JamesWorld

Post by JamesWorld »

Mr Franz wrote:Only thing I've seen peel like that is a product called "Body Color". That's a sort of liquid TPE brush on coloring. Some folks use it to color lips, nipples and labia. I've never used it myself, but from what I understand, it's semi-permanent, but can be peeled off again. Kind of sounds like what you're describing. It also comes in clear which some folks apply over regular make-up to protect it and make it last longer.

Can't say for sure that's the actual product you're dealing with, but does sound like some sort of sealer they may have used. Might try contacting the seller to find out for sure.
Thank you! I'm sure that is what it is, and hadn't read about it anywhere.

I bet the patch on the abdomen is a little spillage, and will remove it, as well as the labia lips after what you've said. I'm not concerned about makeup or coloring... I will be doing my own. (and I don't want to get that stuff in my mouth).

(She is from BCD's "dolls needing homes" thread, they may not even know who did the makeup)

femdoll

Post by femdoll »

Mr Franz wrote: I always say, look your doll over and feel her skin, she'll tell you when she needs cleaning and when it's time for oil. :wink:
Mine is a bit of the quiet type, doesn't say much :P (but could also be because the head is still not on :lol: )

Heads are fine now, but the body still 'smell' a bit factory like, washed her twice now, oiled her twice and powdered her twice.... already damaged her a bit grrr.

Right now, she feels a bit 'oily' to the touch...

Btw, some said their doll smells like flowers and so on... how did they got that to happen? Mine still smells 'rubbery' like.... :(

JamesWorld

Post by JamesWorld »

don't know about the flowers, but I've heard of others putting a little cocoa powder with the cornstarch. (or something else? Cinnamon? can't remember.)

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

My doll, 2017 WM, never did have much of a smell. Just a faint "new" sort of odor that pretty much disappeared after the 1st wash. Did notice an odor coming from the fiberglass resins used to make the skull when up close. Reminded me of doing auto body work years ago, but that too dissipated after a while. TPE smell is something that seems to vary greatly one doll to the next and is very dependent on how sensitive individuals are to it.

As I've said, my gal had very little odor to begin with, but I like the smell of vanilla, so I always put a spritz or 3 directly into her powder/cornstarch before it's applied. Quite heavenly... 8)

femdoll

Post by femdoll »

I like the idea of vanilla :)
I have showering gell with vanilla flavor, and seems I could mix vanilla powder with cornstarch powder...

I need to power her more heavily anyway, since she still 'leaks' oil a lot ... but that can also come because I oiled her twice now, following this guide here :/

I also bought Lavendal oil (plantbased though)... perhaps that would help also... Really need to make her 'smell' right, because this WM166C is smoking hot!

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

That's another thing my doll never did; leach oil. Say for about a quarter size spot on the box flap where her arm rested overnight when she 1st arrived. Odd little gal I've got. No smell, no oil leaks, even her factory wig combs without tangling! :lol:

femdoll

Post by femdoll »

well, I'm trying different things now... used a soda cleaning tool, not sure how that is called in US, but ... it's mostly used to clean motor oil :) We call it 'green soap', ... and it's usually recommended if you want to clean your house the 'right' way, without to much chemicals.. Not very good for the skin, but hey, it's a TPE doll...
Got rid of the oiliness that's for sure... but still the smell stayed, allthough less strong... so, experimented a bit... one head is now cleaned with green soap, and directly powdered by babypowder and vanilla sugar :) smells nice... totally covered, almost a white head now hehe

But for the other 2 heads, slightly different... used the strong soap, and used Lavender oil mixture with Vanilla extract (used for baking). Stuff didn't mix well, but put it on there. Did the body also like this. Needless to say, my shower now smells heavily like vanilla hehe ... Even up close to the doll, the doll smells now like vanilla.
Sadly... the doll is quite oily now (takes some time to 'dry', so I leave the heads and body like this overnight, let it soak).
Tomorrow, not sure if I just powder it heavily or clean it again with that stronger soap... Since just powdering, does not make the oiliness go away... I think I clean it again with soap, and then powder it heavily and leave the dolls and head 'totally white out' powdered for a couple of days.

It's a hassle, bit annoyed by it. Especially, since ... the body looks so freaking hot and sexy. Oiling her was ehm, very nice to do :P
But then again, have to buy female condomns, and some clothes even, so... lot's of things to do...

I made a 'hanging' system in the bathroom which works nice. I use a pulley system (which was delivered with my Joov red light system), which is very handy. Doll is heavy but 'doable', but.. in a slippery bathroom,.... and I can let her 'hang' (jeezz this sounds wrong hehe) there.
doll10.jpg
doll10.jpg (466.46 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
Still need to much a similar 'hanging' system in the bedroom closet...

And after this all , I need to do some makeup again, eye lashes, etc... but that's for later... and wanted to do that anyway, since... makeup was not very 'strong', and eyelashes where a bit 'weird' anyway...
I'm even buying some books now how to do makeup haha... funny thing is, i can use that experience in the real world, if I somehow have to do some model photography. Also one of the reasons I bought a 'full doll', so I can experiment with lighting and stuff.

Ozarka800
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ozarka800 »

Holy Wow! Thank you for providing this!!! I'm expecting my doll to arrive in the next week or two I was totally wondering and about to start searching/googling to high hell the proper steps for out of the box introductions! I had a pretty good feeling I'd want to wash her after coming home from the factory ( I mean if vape juices are killing people, god only knows what residues might be left on her from the factory...). This was beyond informative, a big THANK YOU!

I will be getting an AF Doll, will the whole process be the same for her?

JamesWorld

Post by JamesWorld »

Congratulations Ozarka! On both expecting your new doll, as well as finding this posting with a wealth of helpful information.

My understanding is? AFDolls are TPE bodies with sometimes Silicone heads?
Be advised the cleaning procedures and chemicals are different for TPE than Silicone.

You may find one of these two posts also helpful, as the situation applies:

Care and Maintenance of TPE https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=63812

Cleaning Silicone https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=77061

Robbie222
Former Member

Post by Robbie222 »

Hi Guys,

My head just arrived. The body will be here tomorrow :( (it are 2 separate packages).

How do a properly attach the wig to the head?

Also the head is pretty rigid/stiff so hairs also are "sticking" to her forehead and cheecks.

Is it best to first treat her head with cornpowder and oil?
Go ahead, make my day!

femdoll

Post by femdoll »

just wash the head first, with soap and water.

I did oil, but seems that' s not necessary (I thought it would also cover the smell a bit, but it didn't) ... so, if the head is 'sticky' and already 'oily' to the touch, just wash it , and then powder it... Or... leave the heads for a day or two to 'breath' .

It's no exact science ... :) about the wig, I'm interested too how others do that :)

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Wigs usually have adjustable elastic straps under the cap. I've even tied the ends in a knot to make large wigs fit smaller heads.

Rider77

Post by Rider77 »

Howdy, new here, first post, anxiously awaiting my first TPE friend. I've just finished reading through this thread and am thankful for all of the contributors.

I had come across in other threads most of the pertinent info and products needed to care for and maintain a new doll and have pretty much already checked all of the requirements off the list.

One thing I've seen mentioned a bit as I've scoured these forums, and a few times in this thread, is new buyers being flustered by a lack of space to perform maintenance. Who wants baby oil in their bed, or who wants to put a 1500 dollar work of art on the floor?

Coming up against this hurtle myself I had what I thought was a pretty novel idea, massage table. Folding massage tables can be found for as little as $85 new on amazon or probably much much less at your local second hand stores or online marketplaces. Take up very little space folded up, super easy to setup, sterile & super easy to clean. I imagine it's gonna make cleaning my gal a breeze.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to have this idea but I thought it might be a useful contribution to this thread.

Cheers

INFORMATIONS