www.ordoll.com

Advice on 3 small repairs please

ORDOLL have been a manufacturer since 2005. Our factory covers over 20000 square meters with professional sculptors and designers, 20 technicians and 230 employees. We specialized in developing, designing, producing and selling fibreglass mannequins for display clothes and cyberskin mannequin for display under wear and breasts. We recently ventured into love dolls. Our first model is OR156 which is 156cm (inclusive of head) with the first Sara head. Designers are working hard to introduce more heads in the coming months. Website: www.ordoll.com
apprehensive
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Advice on 3 small repairs please

Post by apprehensive »

Hi there.
Got 3 small injuries and wonder how to fix. In my 'care kit' came a chinese tube of gel 'super glue'
is that all i need to use? ant technique suggestions?
TPE OR Doll
Injuries are
1 small ear lobe tear
2 eyelash fallen off
3 nail fallen off.
help appreciated..

Asterix

Re: Advice on 3 small repairs please

Post by Asterix »

apprehensive wrote:Hi there.
Got 3 small injuries and wonder how to fix. In my 'care kit' came a chinese tube of gel 'super glue'
is that all i need to use? ant technique suggestions?
TPE OR Doll
Injuries are
1 small ear lobe tear
2 eyelash fallen off
3 nail fallen off.
help appreciated..
Yes, use super glue for these repairs.

/Asterix

apprehensive
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by apprehensive »

Thanks very much.
I tried a bit on a test piece. It adheres fine but leaves a rather hard 'crispy' join.
This will certainly be fine for eyelashes and nails but not ideal for soft supple flesh.
Is there a glue that remains supple once it is set that will work on tpe?

dollguy13
Former Member

Post by dollguy13 »

Super glue works but you have to be careful with it. I used some on my dolls eyelids and it left that hard crispy effect to it. I tried to pull it off and it damaged the TPE horribly

I found this glue, "elemers craft bond" works well for the eyelids and nails because it gels and pulls off TPE easily if needed without damage. Trouble is it's discontinued by Wal-Mart and hard to find unless you look on ebay.

As for the tears I think the manufacturer ORdoll has a glue they recommend and sell which "melts" the TPE together but you have to be careful with it because it dissolves TPE if used in large amounts.

Don't experiment with glues in the store because I've found a lot of them do more damage than good
Attachments
th.jpg
th.jpg (11.38 KiB) Viewed 1680 times

apprehensive
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by apprehensive »

cheers for that. ill order some of that elmers. just need to find out what that glue is the manufacturer uses. there must be some easy to obtain local product.

INFORMATIONS