betterlovedoll.com

Celebrities?

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

jcpsone
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: Celebrities?

Post by jcpsone »

I'd be interested in celebrity dolls if they could make it legally.

jst78
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by jst78 »

"Yes, a person's likeness, especially a celebrity's, is protected. Not a trademark per say, but protected."

Was wondering about that. Noticed at one point on Anatomical Doll's site a doll's head that looked an awful lot like a certain actress, but then, sadly, it was gone.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

jst78 wrote:Noticed at one point on Anatomical Doll's site a doll's head that looked an awful lot like a certain actress, but then, sadly, it was gone.
Probably coincidence as AD always uses Russian women as their models.

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

Szalinski wrote:
sapman24 wrote:What if a doll company had the option to make custom heads to any pictures you sent them. So its a personal custom job for head, and they charge for hour and give you an estimate. Would they still get the bad attention?

I think I saw a company that does this...

http://www.hitdoll.com/index.asp

They do custom heads.

I would consider having a head done for my miniature doll.
That's what Abyss did when I ordered Sharon. I just sent them a few 8 X 10s of the person's face from different angles along with the simple instructions "Please make her look like this.". And of course my check, And they did, using their standard body 6 and face (they chose the best match for face).

I'll let you be the judge...
Very nice Szalinski! do the have something close to number six cylon, tricia helfer? :whistle: or star treks 7 of 9 borg crew member.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

I never did care much for Tricia Helfer ('Number six') and I despised Seven of Nine (Voyager).Image Partly because they took out my favorite character of the show to make room for her, mostly because she was really nothing more than a hormone crazed adolescent's wet dream they added to the show in the tacky hope of boosting ratings.

I would have loved, however, to have found a doll that could have been made to resemble Kandyse McClure (Anastasia Dualla / 'Dee').
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

INFORMATIONS